THE EVIL WEED TONIGHT ON TV

That kids problem isn't marijuana..... it's the fact he's a fan of carnation street!!!!! Ha ha funny KEV and what a terrible show it is!!!!!!!! :blink:

Mullaway I never suggested that the mouse experiment was a good one or it won me over.I was simply stating why mice are used in experiments....And to answer your question regarding the same parents genetic make up yes the mice used are basically all the same....If they were not, there would be far too many variables in the mix which would obviously result in a flawed experiment! Mice and rats bred for research have different strains just like the erb and certain strains suit certain types of research. How do I know?? I have worked in these sorts of breeding facilities!!!and it sucks

but any ways I'm not trying to get up any one just pointing out the facts is all :wave:

Mullaway I never suggested that the mouse experiment was a good one or it won me over.I was simply stating why mice are used in experiments....And to answer your question regarding the same parents genetic make up yes the mice used are basically all the same....If they were not, there would be far too many variables in the mix which would obviously result in a flawed experiment! Mice and rats bred for research have different strains just like the erb and certain strains suit certain types of research. How do I know?? I have worked in these sorts of breeding facilities!!!and it sucks

but any ways I'm not trying to get up any one just pointing out the facts is all

That's cool John :blink:

I'm no advocate for kids taking any substance either, just to get that straight. Including ethyl hydrate and 1,3,7, tri methyl xanthine.. :wave:

Humans are all f1s though and we are the species that are self aware. That does say something about our brains eh. A little less instinct and a lot more evolution into something the lab people have no understanding of.

So using paddling pedigree inbred mice for experiments with thc (only a part of the cannabis we use for human brains), isn't really relevant. Yet they hold up these fluffy flashy studies to make a point that will often get media driven into mainstream acceptance as a negative cannabis truth..

I watched this program the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It seems we're beginning to see more and more documentaries about cannabis from a more scientific viewpoint, which is a good thing.

I liked the evolutionary explanation of why THC (and other drugs) effect the human nervous system - interesting stuff. It was also very cool to see the narrator travel to Mongolia and observe wild cannabis growing on the mountainside.

What I didn't like was the title: 'Cannabis - the evil weed?'. It was a totally unsuitable. I would of preferred something a bit more subtle.

this just underlines how slow society is moving.. even with scientific evidence people still say it shouldn't be legalised for this or that.. those tests are pathetic examples of the argument for prohibition and it pisses me off.. fuck em .. the average joe doesn't deserve to smoke.. too stupid and gullible .. at this rate it won't be legalised in 100 years.. but i'll be highhhh :bongon:

It is a thinking mans smoke. might be too much for close minded conservative cunts. they arnt to good for thinking independently. not following society.

its their loss. they have never tasted the buds and never will.

to think I could be arrogant like this with other things I don't understand it scares me :bongon: I don't wanna be like that.

You always fear what you don't understand.

Edited by DuskB4Dawn

It is a thinking mans smoke. might be too much for close minded conservative cunts. they arnt to good for thinking independently. not following society.

its their loss. they have never tasted the buds and never will.

to think I could be arrogant like this with other things I don't understand it scares me :bongon: I don't wanna be like that.

You always fear what you don't understand.

:nono:

This show also sparked my interest in CBD and makes me wonder why breeders try to minimize the occurrence of this chemical?

The other thing is that I did a bit of reading about GW the company that operates that fairly impressive growing operation in the UK.

From what I could gather they produce a product that's equal parts thc and cbd. I'm not sure if that is through a strain of plant that produces equal amounts of the two chemicals or through mixing extracts from a strain that produces a certain amount of cbd and material from another strain that produces a certain amount of thc.

Apparently the initial seeds to grow the clones from were sourced from a company called hortipharm in NL. They have a huge variety of seeds sourced world wide from industrial hemp to high cbd strains and high thc strains.

Does anyone know if GW now has the rights to this seed bank? Because that would means that they have exclusive access to this genetic material at the detriment of individual growers and medicinal smokers in general. The GW product is only accessible by prescription spray inhaler. Ive posted some links below if anyone is interested.

www.gwpharm.com/research_cri.asp

http://www.cannabis.net/cannabis-seed/index.html

Edited by jarmon

I also enjoyed the evolutionary perspective on how the receptors came about.

Mice experiments shit me, it breaks down humans and the mice for that matter into a mechanistic

view that we are just pieces of meat and everything should be measured by the biological processes that occur.

I agree with mullaway we are all F1 strains. There are some things that can never be measured by little mice swimming around a pool.

Shit i seriously just want to know how i go about becoming a resident in Cali???