Lobbyists to ambush Rudd with giant joint

:D Thats right jabez..a town...great isn't it? just 1 and why is it SO hard everywhere else? Because the public look at Nimbin and are happy for it to be there (in Nimbin) but there is now way on gods earth they want what they see in Nimbin in their own subberbs. Alot seem to miss the fact the only reason Nimbin is there is because alot of like minded people moved to one place thus making the general population if not nearly all 'cannabis friendly' it makes it alot easier then. It's nice if you can be one of them hey? But that same thing can't work across the entire country now can it?

Peace Mongyman

Together we live, alone we die!!!

:D Yup which is why it's such a shame for some, everything has to be 'the Nimbin' way. We arn't fighting for Nimbin or hippies or fredom to dress how we want or alternative lifstyles, we are only interested in cannabis law reform and if some have been in the 'Nimbin bubble' too long to realize that PR comes before the ideals of Nimbin what can you do. It's Nimbin that seperates itself from all other Australian stoners. Look at their views on hydro for eg. (Nimbin pot is the only decent pot wtf??) Look at the reaction received from the hemp bar in The Hemp Bar Thread when concerns were raised by smokers not from Nimbin.

Until people actually get a town were cannabis is unofficially legal than maybe they should keep there opinion to themselves!

That's the attitude I'm referring too jabez ;). Until some in Nimbin realize they are not the spokes people for all Australian smokers and they are open to being a part of the rest of the country and fight with us not assume everyone else should follow Nimbin, reform will struggle in Australia simply on the grounds of bad PR.

Peace MongyMan

:D Thats right jabez..a town...great isn't it? just 1 and why is it SO hard everywhere else? Because the public look at Nimbin and are happy for it to be there (in Nimbin) but there is now way on gods earth they want what they see in Nimbin in their own subberbs. Alot seem to miss the fact the only reason Nimbin is there is because alot of like minded people moved to one place thus making the general population if not nearly all 'cannabis friendly' it makes it alot easier then. It's nice if you can be one of them hey? But that same thing can't work across the entire country now can it?

Peace Mongyman

Your right the same thing couldn't happen all over Australia, but fact remain there the only people doing anything about it in Australia, so they have my full respect.

How many countries are there where cannabis illegal? It's a lot more than just the USA. In many countries the punishment is more severe than in the USA too.

Cannabis has been demonised for other reasons than just the "USA."

Yeah sorry it's not just the US forcing these drug laws onthe rest of the world, japan and Russia also play a big part in it.

The 'cause' has been going backwards for years.

There was a time when cannabis smokers were left pretty much alone and drug busts were as scarce as hen's teeth.

Then it began to change and change for the worse.

The reason is obvious to most but eventually the wheel will turn and we will be left alone again. It wont happen overnight though.

Exactly ,,, shove it in the face of the Gov. and attract attention ,, what do you expect back ? Of course you are going to get the people that oppose it and bring it into the limelight ,, and the Gov have to be seen to be doing something about it ! Or they wont get votes ,, and lets face it ,, there are more non stoners than there are stoners. So , maybe just fading into the background and being less conspicuous would be a better idea than attracting attention to it . As the chances of pot being legalised is very slim . OR ,, maybe ,,, and here is a great idea ,,, we could have some smoke houses set up ,, just like those heroin shooting galleries :D

Seriously ,, we have to abandon this "Cause" .. it is a load of shit and will only cause more problems by people putting it into the spotlight all the time ! Pot will never be legalised ,, at least not in our lifetime .

All you have to do is look at how much attention the idiot bikers brought to the table when they bashed that guy in a Public place ,Airport,, now they have attracted attention to themselves and brought the law down on them . They should have "conducted business" in a quiet way and then no attention would have been brought upon them ! Pretty simple really .

Anyway , they are just my thoughts ,, right or wrong ,, I think there is something in there for people to think about .

Bash away .

CG

wow way to insult alot of people. :D Fair dinkum jabes if you really believe that your an idiot imo with all due respect.

Peace MongyMan

That’s kind of the kettle calling the pot black don’t you think Mongy Man! I don’t know anything about the people of nimbin personally, so for all I know they all might be a bunch of smug better than thou people. But so are littlbit and lightning (they think there some kind of cannabis rolaty in australia) and no one seems to complain about them, when all I've really seen them do is come here asking for donations for lunch money at court!!!

But that’s not my point, in this particular situation the HEMP Embassy got the legalization movement some good coverage and if you can’t accept that then maybe it’s not me that’s the idiot.

Can you name one person or group who have dedicated as much time to legalizing cannabis in Australia than the people of nimbin, or is calling me a idiot a good enough explanation for you, ;).

If you guys keep on sitting around bagging out the hands down largest cannabis movement in Australia, rather than trying to work with them then YOU GUYS will end up doing more damage to the movement than some skinny, junkie looking hippie caught on camera at the mardi grass could ever do!

Once again live together, or die alone. Can anyone actually grasp what this means?

Peace, hopefully.

I completely agree with you Jabez. Turning around and insulting the only group that has shown pure loyalty to the cause - as it IS a cause - is just counter productive.

Sure you can sit there and tell us all the things wrong with the PR of a hippie founded organization.

OR, you could recognize their achievements and try to develop them.

No, cannabis may not be legalized during our lifetime.. does that mean we should just not do anything??

Tell me, do you think women burning their bras was a serious misrepresentation of the rights our foremothers wanted to achieve? or that it was too in yer face and therefore not a respectable movement? ..maybe I'm asking the wrong question for the wrong type of readers here..

Edited by Token