• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Lobbyists to ambush Rudd with giant joint

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

kiwi_farmer

kiwi_farmer

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 Posts:
  • Interests:Travelling, blazing, more travelling
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 100W CFL+400W HPS
August 23, 2009 07:24pm
http://www.news.com....5005961,00.html
© Herald and Weekly Times

IF Prime Minister Kevin Rudd can't stop giggling, feels paranoid or overly hungry when he visits Lismore hospital, he'll know exactly what's to blame.

It could be the subliminal influence of a 10-metre inflatable joint, which drug legalisation lobbyists will use to try to get the prime minister's attention during his visit tomorrow.

Members of the Nimbin Hemp Embassy will gather outside the hospital with their trusty mascot, hoping to talk to Mr Rudd about what they say is a health issue - legalising cannabis in Australia.

The group's president Michael Balderstone says he hopes to appeal to Mr Rudd's Christian sense of compassion.

"I think he is a compassionate man and he is a Christian and what would Jesus say – we're talking about the best pain-relieving herbs on the planet," he said.

Mr Balderstone said young people in Nimbin are constantly targeted in police raids and suffer permanent consequences. Nimbin has become a centre for alternative culture after a new generation of people decided to settle there following the Aquarius Festival in 1973.

"I live and work in Nimbin and we've become this big backpacker place and ... (police) are busting a lot of young people," he said.

"And it's making no difference and they're just all getting criminal records for life.

"Politicians are quite sheltered in a way and what's going on out here in the street is a huge culture of people who have lost respect for the system, because these laws have criminalised them and made something that makes them feel good into an illicit act."

Mr Rudd has previously said he has never smoked marijuana and takes a tough line on drugs.

"herb like fruit. keep you healthy, mind clear."
-Bob Marley

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

jabez

jabez

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 Posts:
  • Interests:Hiking & Camping
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
Wow, looks like a non-biased news report about cannabis in the herald sun? Never thought I'd see the day.
"We do not possess imagination enough to sense what we are missing"
-Jean Toomer

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so"
-Thomas Jefferson

Token

Token

Vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 Posts:
  • Interests:Hanging out with mates and watching movies / listening to music / playing video games.<br />I also love travel - I've only been overseas twice and to the same country but I loved it and I want to see more new places. If I ever get to go to Angkor Wat I would pee my pants. literally. Ditto for Egypt.<br />I smoke alot, prob more than necessary but I do not let it get in the way of things I want to achieve. I'm currently studying by distance ed to obtain credit points on a non-award basis so I can gain acceptance into a B Arts (Ancient History) honours if I can.. <br />I hope to find people with similar interests online to share enthusiasm with :P
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
I wish we had the guns (metaphorically speaking) to just bloody protest to have the prohibition lifted all together. Like we did with Alcohol :-)
Take the good with the bad. Accept the consequences of your own actions and you can be anyone. Some rules just seem meant to be broken!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

jabez

jabez

Stoned

• Members
  • 759 Posts:
Sweet! The hemp embassy just got the Australian cannabis movement 10 seconds of coverage on SBS news.

A good days work from the good people at the hemp embassy, I would say.

Edited by jabez, 24 August 2009 - 07:26 PM.

Rocker

Rocker

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 Posts:
  • Interests:Rock 'n roll, rock drumming & scuba diving.
Do ya reckon this has got 'winner' written all over it?
Life is too precious to spend it living by someone else's rules.

Closet Grower

Closet Grower

Stoned

• Members
  • 884 Posts:
Oh great , a Giant inflatable Joint is going to be shown to our PM ,, that should really show him how responsible we are :D Fucken amazes me ,, people wonder why Pot is illegal ,, when some do stupid shit like this !! Really shows a great example of pot smokers doesnt it ???? No wonder people think we are wankers !
"Never argue with an idiot , he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience "

NERREN

NERREN

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Posts:
YEA DO BAD HE IS NOT MICHAEL PHELPS THEN HE COULD JUST SMOKE AND SWIM AND I MEAN SWIM WELL

Rocker

Rocker

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 Posts:
  • Interests:Rock 'n roll, rock drumming & scuba diving.
You nailed it Closet Grower.

jabez

jabez

Stoned

• Members
  • 759 Posts:
Grow up closet grower, I mean what have YOU done for the cause mate??! The Hemp Embassy got a VERY rare non biased story about legalizing cannabis in the herald sun and a non biased story on SBS news and probably got coverage from plenty of others.

Again what have you done?

Edited by jabez, 27 August 2009 - 02:50 AM.

MadamePandora

MadamePandora

Stoned Crazy Old Cat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: 4x100W CFL 2700K 14000 lumen - Flower
I'm really pleased that they managed to get some relatively intelligent reporting of the event .....

Has Closet Grower even seen the big joint and what's written on it ?

It's quite good and eye catching in my opinion
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Find me on skype to talk about law reform - MadamePandora is my ID

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.