Films NOT to watch stoned!

Elly

Elley i think i know the scene your referring to .. very heavy.

but pans labyrinth is imho a good, maybe great movie . if you like Dell Toro's stuff i highly recommend his earlier "the devils backbone" a real good scary.

Vaguely spoilerish for No Country for Old Men and Labyrinth...

Don't get me wrong, I loved the film, that scene was absolutely necessary, and not all forms of violence in a film turn me off, e.g. I was fascinated by the prison scenes in Watchmen in the film and comic but... that scene in Labyrinth was brutal and stuck in my mind for ages. I'm not sure why, I don't think it was just gore, it was the sheer unadulterated brutality of that character and what he did, plus the crunching noises. It was an effective way of establishing the threat from that character, because, after that, there was no need to do anything worse, the tension was continuous and I empathised with that little girl. Similar effect as No Country for Old Men (though I took that far better) -- the first couple of incidents pushed me on the edge on my seat.

The Devil's Backbone, eh? Any similar scenes to be wary of so I don't watch it stoned?

i dont think any movie should be excluded from having cannabis make it a more intense experience...

any movie you shouldnt watch stoned, you should definately not watch straight.

Some scenes are intense enough, I think, to watch straight. :thumbsup:, my dad once watched a film when I was a little girl where the vigilante hero put someone down an industrial meat mincer, with him screaming and a pile of minced meat coming out the other end. Didn't look at mince the same way for a while. I suppose these days I would laugh instead, the way I did on second viewing of Fargo :D

Speaking of which, that's another intense film where, yeah, maybe you're right, it could be even better stoned, but I think it was just manageable for me straight.

Edited by Elly

Vaguely spoilerish for No Country for Old Men and Labyrinth...

Don't get me wrong, I loved the film, that scene was absolutely necessary, and not all forms of violence in a film turn me off, e.g. I was fascinated by the prison scenes in Watchmen in the film and comic but... that scene in Labyrinth was brutal and stuck in my mind for ages. I'm not sure why, I don't think it was just gore, it was the sheer unadulterated brutality of that character and what he did, plus the crunching noises. It was an effective way of establishing the threat from that character, because, after that, there was no need to do anything worse, the tension was continuous and I empathised with that little girl. Similar effect as No Country for Old Men (though I took that far better) -- the first couple of incidents pushed me on the edge on my seat.

The Devil's Backbone, eh? Any similar scenes to be wary of so I don't watch it stoned?

in the Devils Backbone no . its a tame horror really, its just so intelligently done, its captivating .

sett in the same timeframe as Labyrinth...Viva

as an aside, David lynch's " Blue Velvet " creep'ed me out totally. i was so ripped, and not being familiar with his work at the time quite unprepared.

tho i feel one needs to be somewhat bent to watch any of his stuff.

loved Mulholland Drive..just wished the bugger could give one a teensie weensie bit more to work with ha...

Seriously there isn't a movie I wouldn't watch baked, or even a documentary for that matter!

Weed actually makes the shitty movies good. It gets you to find something to entertain you in a film with a lacking plot or d-class actors or a poor film marker, it even makes a bad idea seem interesting for a moment, like that guy who watched dragon ball evolution. ^_^

but if there was a movie i would chose to put in this section, it would be

REEFER MADNESS, 1937

It's a good movie to watch stoned, cuz it's just so f-ing dumb, but it's just an insult to the canabis culture, and that my friends, gives me the sweats big time!

I've got to agree with whoever said not to watch "terrorists, killers and middle east wackos" I saw 10-15 minutes of this film in year 10, I'm now at the end of a 5 year uni degree and even after all these years the images sometimes come back to me. Truly haunting stuff, I cannot recommend it to anyone. An example of a gross scene i saw is where a man, tied up and leaning against a mound of dirt is shot in the face with an AK47, even after being shot he is still gasping for breath, awful awful awful movie.

And to Sgt. pepper i somewhat have to agree with you but at the same time, if i watched this movie baked it would send me wacko, or at least give me a bad case of PTSD, its just too confronting!

Tried to watch a new horror flick, Trick R Treat the other night. I wont say it was a bad idea to watch it stoned, rather, almost impossible to follow as 4 stories converge. I think it was a really good movie, but i cant be sure, id always be asking what the FARK is going on most of the time, whilst of course being scared shitless at undead children walking around in halloween masks.