A survey on self-managed change

Hi All,

Like Sally R, I'm from the National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre (NCPIC), and would like to post an ad for a web-based survey I'm running. I know that some of you were less than impressed by Sally's request and by NCPIC in general, so I apologise in advance if my post also causes offense to anyone.

My survey is on self-managed change from problematic cannabis use. This study is based on what appears to be the case that most people who change their cannabis use (by either quitting or cutting down from levels they thought were a problem for them) do so without the help of formal treatments (e.g., GPs, counsellors, psychologists, drug and alcohol services, etc.). Despite this, little is known about how people actually go about markedly reducing or quitting cannabis.

So, with that in mind, my ad reads as follows: ...........edited by mongyman. Feel free to post threads here to discuss cannabis Anthony A, I think you will find many open to an honest fact based discussion. If the NCPIC would like to advertise on this site you might find this link of help Advertising

Thanks for your time,

Anthony

Greetings and welcome to OzStoners Anthony may I call you doctor?

I also study this absurd phenomena, perhaps your familiar with my work?

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...c=24602&hl=

I offer all my volunteers a $20 gift voucher in Cannabis, so far it seems to be paying dividends

I've also noticed a subtle yet overwhelming undertone of rambunctiousness bordering on near hostility for some reason? I hope you have more success than myself. All the best and as they say, Bong onwards or something like that.

Edit, PS my research is for sale too!

Edited by bufo marinus

By "problematic use" i guess you mean when your not smoking as much as youd like coz your having "problems" with your supply. If you really wanna know what i do, i come to these forums to kinda get in the same headspace and it makes me feel better about the situation.

Hope that helps ya :xcited:

:nono:

High Anthony A,

How ya doing there? ... feeling o.k.?? :)

Um ... you can't be serious about this ... are you? :nono: Did you Actually Read Sally R's thread?

How is your survey any different in subject matter? ... I'm found wanting to believe it's your way of having a lark as we certainly are a Highly entertaining bunch around here :P heheh

I don't think that some people should have been quite so harsh in Sallys Thread , but if you actually took the time to read (research) it you will understand why most of the contempt for your type of "organization" exists ...

Have you noticed we are a Pro-Cannabis based website btw? , probably easy to miss that ... if your on "drugs" >:(

You guyz are supposed to be like the enemy or something I think :D heheh

Are you a "scientist"? ... well , guess what is in a word? ... apon meeting would we call each other Mr. do you think? lol

Many of us have individually done more research on the subject of Cannabis than your whole organization (along with many others) put together ... you might find this laughable but the evidence shows it to be true ...

One small example for you , just in case your really so daft you haven't realized it yet ... Cannabis is Not Addictive. Simple. :)

So how in any type of reality can this survey be of relevance to anything or anyone at any time ... ever? :nono:

If You want to give up , then you stop using it ... Fact.

Temptation can get the better of anyone though ... and for instance if someone really "psychologically" believed that they were addicted and having "problems" with Cannabis then they may need to dissaccociate themselves from their current lifestyle/situation which in most cases will have more to do with said "problems" than consumption of a relatively harmless natural plant substance.

Please show me a reputable scientific research paper outlining that Cannabis is Addictive , I'm sure many of us would like to see that one ;)

And just to clarify something ... I've never suggested that "Feeling Good" cannot be Highly addictive ... just ask anyone :D

So see that we recognize the difference between psychological and physiological addiction.

Compare a Coffee "Junkie" going cold turkey with a Cannabis "Junkie" doing the same and see who handles it best :nono:

All Pharmaceutical drugs ... Including the basics and even Aspirin are more toxic to the human body than Cannabis ... But you would know this of course ...

Purposefully toxicified Tobacco with allowed addictive enhancements kill an astonishing number of people each year , each day .. yet are readily available ... I don't suppose there will be any inquisition into this will there. no.

And Alcohol? ... another readily available drug consumed by the masses that is considered totally acceptable (And rake in Countless Dollars in taxes just like Tobacco :nono: ) ... again , is highly toxic to the human body and has far-reaching health and social impacts associated.

There is simply no denying these facts.

I think that you people there in your little well funded "organization" are probably just quite similar to anyone else .. do you really care about your job and what your "organization" stands for? ... or is just a "Hey , I just work here (and get paid)" type scenario ... I'm no genius (yet :xcited: ) but I'm guessing the latter ... because who would want to restrict themselves to such an unproductive , destructive and non-sensical cause.

Well I will have to leave it there for now ... I hope you WILL read and consider our opinions , if not actually attempt to facilitate a constructive dialogue between our two decidedly differing "factions".

I eagerly await your reply (you guyz aren't too Good to answer OUR questions are you? ... c'mon now it's got to work both ways) ; ) heheh

Cheerz ... and stay Vigilant,

Budman :nono:

:nono:

High Anthony A,

How ya doing there? ... feeling o.k.?? :)

Um ... you can't be serious about this ... are you? >:( Did you Actually Read Sally R's thread?

How is your survey any different in subject matter? ... I'm found wanting to believe it's your way of having a lark as we certainly are a Highly entertaining bunch around here :P heheh

I don't think that some people should have been quite so harsh in Sallys Thread , but if you actually took the time to read (research) it you will understand why most of the contempt for your type of "organization" exists ...

Have you noticed we are a Pro-Cannabis based website btw? , probably easy to miss that ... if your on "drugs" :xcited:

You guyz are supposed to be like the enemy or something I think :D heheh

Are you a "scientist"? ... well , guess what is in a word? ... apon meeting would we call each other Mr. do you think? lol

Many of us have individually done more research on the subject of Cannabis than your whole organization (along with many others) put together ... you might find this laughable but the evidence shows it to be true ...

One small example for you , just in case your really so daft you haven't realized it yet ... Cannabis is Not Addictive. Simple. :)

So how in any type of reality can this survey be of relevance to anything or anyone at any time ... ever? :nono:

If You want to give up , then you stop using it ... Fact.

Temptation can get the better of anyone though ... and for instance if someone really "psychologically" believed that they were addicted and having "problems" with Cannabis then they may need to dissaccociate themselves from their current lifestyle/situation which in most cases will have more to do with said "problems" than consumption of a relatively harmless natural plant substance.

Please show me a reputable scientific research paper outlining that Cannabis is Addictive , I'm sure many of us would like to see that one ;)

And just to clarify something ... I've never suggested that "Feeling Good" cannot be Highly addictive ... just ask anyone :D

So see that we recognize the difference between psychological and physiological addiction.

Compare a Coffee "Junkie" going cold turkey with a Cannabis "Junkie" doing the same and see who handles it best :nono:

All Pharmaceutical drugs ... Including the basics and even Aspirin are more toxic to the human body than Cannabis ... But you would know this of course ...

Purposefully toxicified Tobacco with allowed addictive enhancements kill an astonishing number of people each year , each day .. yet are readily available ... I don't suppose there will be any inquisition into this will there. no.

And Alcohol? ... another readily available drug consumed by the masses that is considered totally acceptable (And rake in Countless Dollars in taxes just like Tobacco :nono: ) ... again , is highly toxic to the human body and has far-reaching health and social impacts associated.

There is simply no denying these facts.

I think that you people there in your little well funded "organization" are probably just quite similar to anyone else .. do you really care about your job and what your "organization" stands for? ... or is just a "Hey , I just work here (and get paid)" type scenario ... I'm no genius (yet :nono: ) but I'm guessing the latter ... because who would want to restrict themselves to such an unproductive , destructive and non-sensical cause.

Well I will have to leave it there for now ... I hope you WILL read and consider our opinions , if not actually attempt to facilitate a constructive dialogue between our two decidedly differing "factions".

I eagerly await your reply (you guyz aren't too Good to answer OUR questions are you? ... c'mon now it's got to work both ways) ; ) heheh

Cheerz ... and stay Vigilant,

Budman :nono:

Amen....