work with me here guys! please

I guys I have a 4x12 space that I was initially gonna setup as a 2 part room. One side for a scrog grow and the other for a room to keep my clones and mothers. I have the entire space covered in poly already and I will be venting through the sewer and drawing cold air from the another air conditioned room. Im lighting the space with a 1000 watt hps for the flowering side and a 250 m/h for the moms with 8 t5s for any clones I have going. K now here is where the problem lies. I just moved into and got this space prepped for the girls now. And as you can see from the pics they are already a good 2 months old. I wanna try and insert these 2 white rhino girls into the scrog side. Now should i lst these plants a bit at the tops and put the screen about a foot from the top of the bucket? or do I have to put it where the tops are now? keep in mind these girls are already standing about 4 ft with bucket...or would it be better to just fill this whole space with a whole wack of clones from one of these girl and do a sea of green from scratch? and would that 1000 watt hps be enough to light the whole 9x12 space sog style? what would yield me more in a continual manner

post-23483-1241226295_thumb.jpg

High mate, welcome to OS :)

I`ve only ever done one scrog b4 so im a little fresh on the topic :) but if i was to be scrogging them bettys i would put the screen at the hight they`re at ......then top em....and then let em grow to fill the screen/gaps with branch tips(another 2 weeks) ......then as soon as all the gaps in the screen have been filled i would hack off everything below the screen(all the popcorn chit) and switch to 12/12 :yinyang:

As for the SOG....i wouldnt bother :toke: ...but i would take clones for new mums lol

Last of all.......im thinking a 1k HPS wont be enough for a 9foot X 12foot space :D .......more like 4x 600w HPS (at a guess)

Good luck,

Chron :wub:

A Scrog screen is usually around 30cm above the top of the pots so I suppose you could top those two at halfway and start there.

What chron said about the training is correct - fill the screen about 3/4 full and flip to 12/12, then axe all the growth below the screen.

I personally don't like SOG so I agree with chron there too, but the choice is really yours as to how you think you can get the best results from your harvests - experience will show you.

A 1000w light will cover a 1.5 x 1.5m area.

Grow Hard,

Jimbo :yinyang:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99879

dont guess.. , do the maths , & read , read & read some more .. B)

use the net , check other forums like International Cannagraphic, rollitup, 420 magazine, GardensCure & my personal European favourite , Opengrow ( thers HEAPS more )

dont believe everything u read , it may have worked for some ppl , but may not for your situation lol

Ive seen ppl with over 4k watts pulling less than ppl with 2.6k watts ..

goodluck , & watch the Dutch ,, theyve done it longer than us .. B)

lol

Edited by shirty

I guys I have a 4x12 space that I was initially gonna setup as a 2 part room. One side for a scrog grow and the other for a room to keep my clones and mothers. I have the entire space covered in poly already and I will be venting through the sewer and drawing cold air from the another air conditioned room. Im lighting the space with a 1000 watt hps for the flowering side and a 250 m/h for the moms with 8 t5s for any clones I have going. K now here is where the problem lies. I just moved into and got this space prepped for the girls now. And as you can see from the pics they are already a good 2 months old. I wanna try and insert these 2 white rhino girls into the scrog side. Now should i lst these plants a bit at the tops and put the screen about a foot from the top of the bucket? or do I have to put it where the tops are now? keep in mind these girls are already standing about 4 ft with bucket...or would it be better to just fill this whole space with a whole wack of clones from one of these girl and do a sea of green from scratch? and would that 1000 watt hps be enough to light the whole 9x12 space sog style? what would yield me more in a continual manner

mate i wouldnt wast them i think you should work out how high your light can go ond set your mesh about 3ft below try not to let your plants get much taller than your mesh before floering try to visit them as much as possible and just keep poking them down and spread them where you want.i think 1000watters only do about 6x6 that big an area i wold have at least 8 plants to scrog good luck and dont be afraid of growing giants if you have all that light and room and only 2 plants