Backyard bagseed

Hi Thylacine,

I like the outdoors but at near harvest time the rain aways comes. Following the rain there is most likely a flood of green grubs that can demolish a plants luxurious green shade leaves over 1 - 2 days if not caught early enough.

Keep an eye on the remaining plants - the good thin about them is they are easy to finde due to the munching hey do - track down any & squish em !

A trick (method) I use when the rain is around for so long is to gently shake the plant from the trunk whick removes some of he moisture off the plant.

Nice outdoor buds you have collected Thylacine :stunned:

:scratchin:

Nitty.

cheers Paul better than a poke in the eye with burnt stick eh :guitar:

Thanks Nitty, Ive been inspecting them everyday lately mostly looking for hermies but also grubs n bugs, those bud boring ones where only in one branch of one cutting but some of the others are not as easy to check. of course some plants seem imune to certain bugs, theres one in the aviary that hardly has any spider mite bites on it at all. I wish i had room for more moms but 1-2 bonzi types is all i have room for, Ive collected some pollen from a male i kept inside and killed it as soon as it became ripe.

Ive got a couple of small cuttings that im gonna try seeding so ive got something to play with if the moms cark it. And yeah after a couple of the bigger downfalls of rain I grabbed the screen and trunks on a few of them and shook the excess off.....then it rains again 15mins later...:scratchin: bit of a losing battle. Fairly low humidity here I guess and none of them are touching the ground or anything so no signs of mould yet.

Well, Got a few pics late this arvo, some are a bit dodgy but eh you that get that on the big jobs :toke: :peace:

First is the remaining one in the corner...aka "Brain"...aka white runteralis...solid,small-ish buds bud they are sticky and smelly and the 3 day dry i did on a test bud vaped up real nice. So expecting a nice if maybe small harvest.

post-18426-1237282215_thumb.jpg post-18426-1237282458_thumb.jpg post-18426-1237282563_thumb.jpg

Next is the one next to the shed, pretty close to being ready this one, Im just waiting for a couple of dry days in a row, the weekly forcast looks to be clearing up a bit which should work in well. Again, the 3 day dry I did on a test bud vaped up well, maybe slightly better than the other one but they might be due to age/maturity.

post-18426-1237282829_thumb.jpgpost-18426-1237282931_thumb.jpg

Next up is the one under the birdmesh, from a rocky start no thanks to me[mashed it roots while repotting] it has come back with a vengenge! Best buds in the yard so far, chock full of hairs and solid! its turned into a bit of a weapon.....I dub th'e...Medusa! 5ft high and bout 8ft wide I guess and it stinks...:stunned: Gets the most sun out of all the yard, about 8hrs.

post-18426-1237283742_thumb.jpgpost-18426-1237283840_thumb.jpg

Last is the red wool bandit :bongon: Considering its fighting off spider mites and never ending branch bending/tying down this plant is a real beast, once it started budding its been going flat out, the way its going its going to have some big arse bush buds im guessing. I hope it choofs up ok because it should yield well. Photos arnt great but ya get the idea, I need a brighter day.

post-18426-1237284658_thumb.jpgpost-18426-1237284720_thumb.jpg post-18426-1237284799_thumb.jpg

Thats about it, oh I fed them all some molasses 2 days ago, 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses mixed in 9ltrs of water.

Its hard to tell with the rain but i think its starting to perk them up a bit, im keeping an eye on the false seed pods for swelling, which the carbs are supposed to help with.

Next one to be ready is the one next to the shed in about a week I think, few others in a couple of weeks so I'll update then.

cheers.. :bang:

Thanks Billo,

Small update, turns out the one next to the shed copped a spray from the hermie I pulled about a month ago. Found a couple of patches of seed while checking it out yesterday....um'ed and Ahh'ed then decided i might as well chop it. I had only planned to give it another week at the most as a good % of the hairs had turned and it looked close to done to me.

post-18426-1237553396_thumb.jpg post-18426-1237553464_thumb.jpg

Thats it for now, once this one is dry and ready to cure the other little one in the corner should be ready to pull so I'll update then.

cheers

Edit: oh forgot to mention the drying box to the side there, it has skewers across the top and a slit cut across the bottom of one side, with a bit of help froma fan heater on low for a couple of hours a day at night[set about 3ft away], I get about a 3day dry which ive used for taste testing lol So thats full as well, bit over 2 onces dry it should hold thats what i got from the last plant I dried in there and that had smaller airy buds.

Edited by Thylacine

my luck ran out, got ripped off last night

Ive pulled what they left outside

lucky for the aviary cause thats whats left to mature

pretty bummed about it all

I'll only ever grow under lock and key in the future, its not worth the heartache

I didnt bother with photos, couldnt be stuffed anymore

the end

my luck ran out, got ripped off last night

Ive pulled what they left outside

lucky for the aviary cause thats whats left to mature

pretty bummed about it all

I'll only ever grow under lock and key in the future, its not worth the heartache

I didnt bother with photos, couldnt be stuffed anymore

the end

man that sucks balls

chin up mate , start making plans under lock and key

all the best

ev :yinyang: