Backyard bagseed

Thanks for the encouragement Gills, I reckon my eyes will end up beadie like a squirrel come trimming time!! Just doing that lanky hermie I pulled last week took a couple of hours.

I find it hard to gauge how much I'll end up with when growing, allways have. Ive alllways ended up with less than I expected in the past[allways ran out of choof well before the next lot was due], so I really have no idea how much they will all dry out to, the plan was for 12months worth anymore than that is like ya say....squirrel fodder!!

Some of those pots in the aviary are only 15lt and i think the biggest ones are 30lt a differnt mix of potting mix, home mixed dirt and differnt amounts of dynamic lifter pellets in the bottom third of each pot[a couple of them a full 140mm pot full of pellets] Those buckets seem a good size for me here, keeps thier size down.

Then I'll never have to chase bags again and can live happily ever after as a hermit!...wooohooo :thumbsup:

cheers

Hey all, small update...

Decided to pull "pinky" today, one of the sun starved runts. Took a sample off it a few days ago and even with a 2day quick dry it choofed up ok. So I chopped all but the bottom 4 branches, left them to mature a bit more.

Heres the pics anyway, first one is just before i chopped it and the others are inside out of the rain :D

post-18426-1236429555_thumb.jpg post-18426-1236429707_thumb.jpgpost-18426-1236429895_thumb.jpg post-18426-1236430004_thumb.jpg post-18426-1236430262_thumb.jpg

They buds arnt real big but they are smelly n sticky, be nice once they are dried naturally. I figure it could have done with about another week but im pretty sure it wasnt going to fatten up much more, I think the root system of the bigger plant dominates that spot. I reckon " Brain" has another couple of weeks left.

I'll update then, hopefully with some dried bud shots of this one.

cheers

Hey all, small update...

Decided to pull "pinky" today, one of the sun starved runts. Took a sample off it a few days ago and even with a 2day quick dry it choofed up ok. So I chopped all but the bottom 4 branches, left them to mature a bit more.

Heres the pics anyway, first one is just before i chopped it and the others are inside out of the rain :P

post-18426-1236429555_thumb.jpg post-18426-1236429707_thumb.jpgpost-18426-1236429895_thumb.jpg post-18426-1236430004_thumb.jpg post-18426-1236430262_thumb.jpg

They buds arnt real big but they are smelly n sticky, be nice once they are dried naturally. I figure it could have done with about another week but im pretty sure it wasnt going to fatten up much more, I think the root system of the bigger plant dominates that spot. I reckon " Brain" has another couple of weeks left.

I'll update then, hopefully with some dried bud shots of this one.

cheers

very nice bro

hanging to see the dried buds :)

thanks guys, it vapes up ok but it was/is a bit lightweight and airy. It just wasnt fattening up, dunno if it was via lack of food/light or strain because some of the other plants are nice and solid.

Hey Misty, sorry no idea what strain they are, just seeds ive collected over the years out of bags.

In the 20years ive choofed ive never known the name of any, its just "skunk" and bush. Good enough for me :) I like both!

cheers

Few pics of dried pink runteralis, it has hung in a box until now and I cut it off the stems today and put it into the containers to start a cure.Its still early days but the longer it goes the better it tastes even though the vape does a good job of handling fresh weed. That grass clipping taste isnt anywhere near as bad as smoking. So verdict so far.....small airy buds that have a sweet smell with moderate amount of resin/stickyness. With only a couple of hours direct sunlight per day I never expected much from it so im more than happy with that, vapes up well, just as good as 50% of the stuff I'd be buying. Plus it has that added kick of being home grown!! everything tastes better if you catch/shoot/harvest/grow it yourself :guitar:

post-18426-1237199419_thumb.jpg post-18426-1237200227_thumb.jpgpost-18426-1237200419_thumb.jpg post-18426-1237200526_thumb.jpg

I'll get some photos of the others soon, when its not raining :bongon: about a week untill the other one in the corner is ready and the one next to the shed and we are coming into the 3rd day of rain/showers tomorrow. Not to mention im still fighting a war with spider mites in the aviary, cant get rid of them alltogether but im keeping their numbers low enough I think, no webs at least. Also got some kind of little green larve with a web/cocoon inside a few buds on a couple of the cuttings, looks like the little blighters were eating them :scratchin: cheeky buggers nothing too bad but i'll be keeping an eye out for them from now on.

We need the rain but man its lousy timing :stunned:

cheers...