Backyard bagseed

If ya cant beat em....

Thought I had better follow through with it, so heres some new pics :freak:

post-18426-1232287473_thumb.jpg The 2 next to the shed, the one on the left started flowering a week or so ago.

post-18426-1232287550_thumb.jpg The red wool bandit in her new home[the wall is 2.3m wide].

post-18426-1232288125_thumb.jpg post-18426-1232288558_thumb.jpg The cuttings in buckets and a couple of seedlings in the 200mm pots, Bit of an experiment with different amounts of dynamic lifter pellets mixed into the bottom 3rd of the buckets[some with none] pea straw and sugarcane mulch on top.

post-18426-1232288731_thumb.jpg post-18426-1232289206_thumb.jpg This one is interesting, its just a bagseedling but its growth has been way behind all the others[about 1/4 the size] but its allways been very healthy looking and the leaves feel different. They are thicker and "fleshy" for a lack of a better word. They feel soft n fleshy and the same with the stem. No idea what any of that means other than if it flowers ok then it will be the perfect short arse strain for me as im trying to find a nice short bushy strain out of the bagseed, something i can start a mom with and keep under cfl's over winter.

And lastly, heres some of their new home for the ferals in chat ^_^

post-18426-1232289461_thumb.jpg post-18426-1232289623_thumb.jpg post-18426-1232289691_thumb.jpg 3 x 2.3m, came as a flat pack and I attacked it with a grinder and fitted the lazerlight sheets. $900 delivered[approx $70 for the lazerlight n fixings]. A similar sized hothouse kit was $2800.....works for me :D Got a rainbow lorrikeet that can go in once the grow season is done, then kick her out again next season!!

cheers for now

i dunno what u have for a roof? metal? because u cab get clear plastic which would allow sun in

Hey Kon, its half n half mate, front section I cut out sections from the sheets of iron and replaced them with the clear lazerlight sheets you can see there. The front faces north so has good exposure to morning to early arvo sunlight.

Hey Gills, I'd like to veg inside mate but its pretty much impossible....just no room.

The best ive been able to come up with[and still debating losing my limited shelf space] is a small spot for striking seeds, veggies mostly but also to start off cuttings. With just the one 23w cfl there not much heat, so It doesnt need fans or anything.

I doubt though if thats enough light to do any real vegging....we'll see.... Just gotta make do with a summer grow outside and pull enough till next season. Suits me ok.[maybe veg a mini mum or 2 inside for a few months through winter.] Even if I only grow once every few years, Ive cut back alot lately, so I'd be happy with that. More room for increasingly expencive veggies!! :freak:

My favorite little runt has finally show its sex!! woohoo its a girlie ^_^ I put it into the slightly bigger pot the other day[concerns about the other bucket not being totally lightproof], it gets full day sun in 2 spots, the arvo spot ive dug a hole for it to sit in to keep the pot cooler[working well]. Anyway, been waiting for it to show sex so I could get some cuttings off it, looking to hold onto that strain if it smokes up ok, so want some cuttings to veg up. Even if i have to veg a mini mum plant in that shelf space. Plus I can run late and start early in the "greenhouse" outside. Its all just a test really, I'll give it a season or 2 and if I cant find anything decent out of these bagseeds then I might think about buying seeds in.

Its been tied over to the side of the pot for a few days, didnt really need it but i cant help myself and it has helped the lower branches to get a bit longer before i took the cuttings, she should bush out nicely now.

post-18426-1233307875_thumb.jpg post-18426-1233307788_thumb.jpg post-18426-1233308279_thumb.jpg post-18426-1233308322_thumb.jpg

Thats it for now, the bigger ones in the ground that are starting to flower are stretching like mad at the moment, ive been kinking and weaving stems in and under each other all over the place. I'll try and get some decent close ups of the plants with more advanced bud sites over the weekend.

cheers...

Gday again, took some new photos today so update time. Just going to focus on the ones in the ground from here on...

Not sure what order to put them in, there are old photos of them back in the thread if ya get lost :D

First up is big momma red wool bandit!! Ive given up trying to tie it down too much, running out of room! But I think the stretch is just about over. Its started puberty in the last few days[gettin hairy :D ] I tried some close ups but was runnign out of light by that stage and they came out fuzzy. Not much to see just yet anyway, shes a late bloomer

post-18426-1234004138_thumb.jpg

Next is the remaining one next to the shed, its mate turned male a few days ago :D Ah well, shit happens and it just gives that one room to move, the stretchy male had allways dominated there[the base of its trunk was round as a coke can] and just in the few days its been gone the female has powered along.

post-18426-1234004490_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234004752_thumb.jpg

Ok next is the one I thought I had killed when transplanting it into the ground when I broke the root mass in half, it was crook for a while but it came good and then some! From what ive seen online it looks sativa-ish to me. The fence is 5ft high and I have to keep tying the branches down, it would be a big girl if it had the room. Again, I think the stretch is about over for this one as well as im seeing more hairs.

post-18426-1234005257_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234005390_thumb.jpg

Next up is the only other sativa-ish looking one Ive got, I dont worry too much about this one. Its starved of light and as ya can see has alot of competition :D :D Overplanted that spot a bit this year but it has a couple of dozen heads forming, long and skinny which isnt just due to competing for light/nutes....its allways been like that even before the veggies grew up.[its the one that was between frazza's 2 genetic mutants!]

post-18426-1234005772_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234005850_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234005910_thumb.jpg

And last up is the sun starved runters, the little one on the left is trying its best....its old and i think it expects to be done flowering by now[due to whatever strain it is] Quite a few pink hairs but its not getting off that easy, im gonna give it a while longer and see if it thickens up. The other one is going better, nice fluffy white hairs and a few crystals. It had a bad case of rust type stuff on the leaves a few weeks back and I took off all the leaves that had it, I didnt give it much hope but its actually come back well considering its tucked in the corner there[nth and east facing fences so just a little arvo sun]

post-18426-1234006078_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234006631_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234006716_thumb.jpg

And thats it for now :D

Next time I'll try for some closeups when its nice and sunny, I think its the only time my camera takes a decent macro shot.

Any questions just ask, not much else to add. They have been fed on seasol/powerfeed, they had a dose of potash powder about a week ago[mixed with water and foliar fed and watered in,10ltres each] and dynamic lifter pellets mixed into the mulch a while back. Thats all in the way of food the've gotten.

cheers

Hey just a few photos, having a go at this macro cannapron biz, this camera needs lots of light and only seems to take a good macro shot either in direct sunlight or indoors with the flash with a bright background behind the subject.[another hobby is flyfishing/tying]

The pics are of the sun starved runters in the corner of the yard, they get the evening sun so they were the only ones I could do.

The smaller one I'll call pinky, bugger all crystals on this one

post-18426-1234792417_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234792518_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234792588_thumb.jpg

And the other one,Brain, looks a bit nicer, bigger buds anyway...

post-18426-1234792766_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234792878_thumb.jpg post-18426-1234793057_thumb.jpg

And untill I can catch them in the sun, heres a half arsed pic of the plant next to the shed

post-18426-1234793449_thumb.jpg

till next time :applause: