Nitty's Summer Kicks off

Hi folks,

My last update was Posted Nov 2 2008 ao here is a 2.5 week update with pic.

A lot has hapened in 2 weeks - I have been to Qld and returned to see 2 of my plants were blown off in storms from there fragile perch.

My M8 who was watching my place said they were off in the first few days I was away. I spent this last 7 days mothering the 2 back to health. My M8 told me not to bother as they were 2 males . . . . but u know sexing plants @ 4 -5 weeks still takes a trained eye. I'd rate him a 50/50 on whether he got it right. So with a little doubt in my mind and knowing I want to be sure they were males I re-potted them from there little3 2 " pots resuscitated them with their new 7" square pots - their home for now until they are positively identified as male or female. So as it stands after todays inspection I positively identified 2 females with from the remaining 2 1 is yet unidentifiable, the other is a male. Id was difficult due to their neglected condition for the last 2 weeks. they wet\re probably existing on rain water the poor things. No doubt the nutes in their small pots (2" x 2") was running low.

Now i have 2 females ............. the pair Milly & Joanne post-5398-1228825935_thumb.jpg

Joanne by her self post-5398-1228828365_thumb.jpg

1 tattered MALE post-5398-1228828439_thumb.jpg

I will be taking clones from the best looking female of the 2 or 3 I have - oh ! .... .....I popped some (10-12) selected seeds in to germ to play with over the next few months. Today I saw one had popped it's leg/s out & heading towards the sun. :disguise:

Next picture update in 1 week :wassnnme: & some 1 week old babies to boot. :disguise:

CYA'S ALL - KEEP SAFE !

:thumbsup:

Nitty.

ev ... storms .. bit rough down there nitty ? mate things look ok , is , hope you get some sure fire fems with them beans

yea 'STORMS' - I was near Brisbane when they got the big one anout the 14th - 15th November. Lucky my plants were 1,000 km away. :disguise:

gills ...Milly and Joanne should start to blossom now that they are in capable hands.

Thanks gills. . . . .

nitty .....popped some (10-12) selected seeds in to germ to play with over the next few months. Today I saw one had popped it's leg/s out & heading towards the sun

I took another look at 5.00 am this morning and saw some nice promising germ signs (appear much healthier germed in 100%Coco)- they will open ther hoods in the next 24 hrs - pics to follow.

tnks all.

:thumbsup:

Nitty.

Hi folks,

"Blast off was on September 24 2008 - Now only 3 plants are remaining. 2 females & 1 suspect ! (unidenitified)

2 females :sly: are defo very 'Sat'y looking and now my seed cataloging system in in need of sorting. ;) :doh: Seed holding stoner's moment !

Due to the looks of these girls they are a "Thai Satvia (dom)" x "AK" (seeds for 2 yrs ago & were significantly smaller). The leaves of these girls are not the 'Indica(dom) type so some additions were in order. More later on the new sprouted seeds.

The leaves are very thin (@ 7 x 2 internodes) Top view : P1(F)#1 post-5398-1229386339_thumb.jpg :)

P2(F) side view post-5398-1229387905_thumb.jpg :bow: P3 ....post-5398-1229388027_thumb.jpg ....................

I have better 'group pictures taken today which I will post later

They were topped # 4 weeks and branched nicely into 2 forks. P3F2 - female?? # 3 Suzieal" - the 'damage one' thrown as a male before my holiday.post-5398-1229389477_thumb.jpgpost-5398-1229390102_thumb.jpg

I knew thinking back on the decision to do a 'OUTDOOR GROW 08/09' I wanted to be conservative this round due to the renovations next door.

They have 'pored' the 'slab' moving on to framing - 'it's a backyard, do it yourself job). How-ever the point is that my "OD08/09 is now 'discoverable' yet I believe they were seen previously. :( and my outdoor area is being breeched :ack: {Pis to follow}.

My Indoor Grow Room Build plans have been delayed I suspect. :D After all it's Christmas :peace:

Back ASAP with group pics & more !

:crazy:

Nitty.

Hi fellow growers,

Last posted pics on Dec 16 2008, sometime ago.

Progress on my new GR was the purchase of a 200 mm MixedFlow fan :yahoo: It'll pump some air trough the room where I am having trouble deciding on its final dimensions - pretty settled on the height of 6'(182cm) but vary on either 1.4m long or 1.8.as for the width I have settled for between 70- 80 cm wide -sufficient room to move in and to contain those 'black recycling bins x 2 that holds 4 plants each comfortably.

On with my grow story. Renovations next door are proceedingpost-5398-1230643153_thumb.jpg and no windows are planned that will overlook my garden. lol

Imentioned in my last post I was a little disappointed in the saty look (v/thin leaves/streatchy lenght between inter-nodes ect) of these plants so i did pop a few selected seeds in. These are the mixed results post-5398-1230643442_thumb.jpg - they varied as to how quickely the popped up with one showing early signs on nute burn (just not carefull when watering the others ansd shared the mix for the older plants :nono: ). This one is the poor little 'struggler' and som2e after a difficult start have been the best plants... ... ... time will tell.

At the other end of the scale the is this female - yes she showed sex early @ 2 weeks and is yards ahead of the other 3. Despite germinating approximately at the same time post-5398-1230643816_thumb.jpg This pic show the pol leaves still attached and healthy - a sign it has just germinated.

Side view - :smoke: post-5398-1230644078_thumb.jpg I am unpressed with the looks of this girl @ such an early age. It has reasonably broad leaves and shortened inter-node spaces (although only 2 high atm).

this is one of 3 other older original plantspost-5398-1230644315_thumb.jpg top viewpost-5398-1230644556_thumb.jpg

Well that's all for another week - time to look to the new year celebrations then a an improved effort on my GR build.

lol

Nitty.