Grafting for more selection

A frind of mine from sydney can only grow 3 plants on his patio so this year he is going to try grafting a few strains to 3 bigger plants that will have been started inside. This means that if he grafts 2 strains to each (if you allow root stock in general to shoot it is harder to make the grafts take) then he will have 6 tasty strains for himself. My question is will this work and has anyone had experiencwe doing this? Seems like a good idea for people with space issues or even with these stupid new laws that only allow a minimal amoount of plants. Imagine doing a MASSIVE scrog grow with 8 different strains grafted onto the one root mass!!! Have 4 600 watters focused on the beast!

Actually while writing this down i thought of something.

Here's the scenario.

You took a few cuttings from a beauty of a plant. The plant that you took the cuttings from has just finished budding and you have stripped her bare. Would it be possible to graft the cuttings(you'd have to remove the roots of course) back onto the roots of the plant thad had just finished budding and expect it to keep growing (with the right light cycle of course) ? Or would it not be worth the hassle? I'm going to try this when i get home, i'll post results if it works.

The first scenario is so you only have one plant but a few strains attached, so if you got busted you only have a handful of plants but still have a nice selection of buds. I don't think it would work inside as the different strains would have different flowering times/height.

The 2nd scenario is is if you have a plant with a massive established root mass and then attach a clone to it then maybe it would grow quicker then starting from a clone or re-veging. I've attached a clone to a plant that has finished so i'll let you know how it goes.