My new cloning box

Just thought I might input my humble opinion....

Is that wire looped through those flouros? I know that flouros are a lot cooler than standard incandescent or hid, but even so, with the light running for long periods, you're going to end up with a hot light. Now, mix steady, hot temps and metal, what do you get? Conduction! ;) Is the wire hot after running the lights for a while? If so, maybe you should work something else out for the hangers....

As to the condensation debate, I have the same (or similar) plastic crates at home, they're great to use as reservoir, cheap and strong.... When you're running a cloning box, though, they're going to keep in all the moisture you put in there unless there's a vent for it.... What you could do is use a standard humidicrib, I think you know the ones I mean, pu that inside the larger box and then run your aero cloner inside that. Because the moisture will be (mostly) inside the humidicrib, then you should be alright with the lights on the outside of the crib, but inside the box.... Just make sure that you put a few holes in the top of the box to vent out the residual humidity which will escape into the box from the crib as you harden them off.... The combined gentle heat from the flouro bulbs and the difference in humidity between the outside world and the inside of the large box should be enough to make sure that the air gets cycled out so that the globes aren't operating in too humid an atmosphere.... And reduce exponentially your chance of becomming a small pile of ashes... ;) Mind you, it still couldn't hurt to try to hook up your globes with an earth wire, and some protection for the connections that reside inside the box will be necessary, maybe some kind of tube for the wires from the lights themselves to go in so they aren't exposed too much....

I don't know, this is all just my opinions, and you don't have to do shit about them, but I figured I may as well chime in with something to help ya.... Coundn't do to let pipeman fry himself before he get's to blow me out! ;)

peace

hey Luke, thanks for your suggestions, I might try your box inside a box idea. Yes the wire is threaded through the tubes but I don't see that as a problem. Fluros don't get hot enough to worry about, and there's no electrical safety issues through the tubes, its the socket you got to worry about.

PS - I don't know why you would think I would want to blow you ;) I think you are confusing me with buddy. ;)

Yeah, I did mean the sockets and not the globes, sorry about that.... I'm not sure about this, but wouldn't there be a waterproof socket you could get? Or at least jerry-rig some kind of sheild or cover for the connection to prevent any accidental splash or spray getting in there..... And as to the globes heating up, how long are they on at a time? Are they the 20W, (100w equivalent) globes? Because when I ran one at 22/2 day/night for my clones, that globe could get pretty darn hot to the touch.... Not anything like an incandescent, mind, but still, hot enough to hurt.... Anyway, the point is, does the wire get hot after the globes been on for a long time? I only point this out in concern for your arms when you reach in there, or for the supports themselves if you should spray them with water whilst feeding, because if the wires do conduct the heat from the globes, (this all depends on the type of wire you use, of course.) then the wires may degrade over time and even break if it happens often enough..... But if the wire isn't conducting much heat, and if the globes don't get very hot, then you should be okay....

Good luck and keep us posted on progress!

peace

p.s.

PS - I don't know why you would think I would want to blow you  I think you are confusing me with buddy. 
;) Very funny..... I meant get me wasted (And vice versa, of course!) in the far future when we may or may not, (who knows?) , meet... And buddy can want my lightsabre all he likes, I've got a "Mara Jade Skywalker" to keep me warm at night! ;)

pipeman, you should earth them even if they don't have an earth wire, if they are made of metal that is, only things made of plastic should not have an earth wire, if any of them wires get loose and touch the metal then you touch the light you will be fucked, to earth them get a new cord with an earth wire (a three prong not a 2 prong) and drill a little hole to fit a screw, and then screw the earth wire against the inside of the metal. Did you buy a flouro with an extension cord already on it? cos if you wired it yourself there probably already was an earth socket thing, they just woulda given you the wrong cord. If they already came with cords they will be fine.

see, the turkey baster has more uses than impregnating lesbians, I also use it to adjust the water level in my cloning containers. lol

here is a pic of inside the tub. like my silicone job? :o it leaks too, but very slowly, so that doesn't really matter. when I finished the job I read on the label not to be used where water may pool. :o. oh well, I'll redo it later.

the air stone is a ceramic one. I originally bought a circular bubble curain, but the airstone makes much more bubbles.

post-16-1048950820_thumb.jpg