My new cloning box

Those light hangers look pretty high-tech, be interesting to see how it goes.

compliments on my carpentry skills are undeserved but will be welcomed anyway

Here's an "undeserved" compliment then :lol: from a very inept carpenter.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

Pipeman, tell me your not going to have the lights inside the dome. :mellow:

Humidity can get very high in there, especially when the outside atmosphere cools down and water droplets start to form inside the dome.

Condensation will get everywhere as well as inside the light fittings and you know what will happen then.

Just sit them on top outside then you wont need the frame.

I use the aerocloner and swear by it. ;)

yeah but, I already built the frame, I can't not use it now ;)

probably good advice buddy, I have the same concerns. I based this design on Nimby's from overgrow, who reckons that you can leave the top on loose and as long as you let it breathe once a day its fine. I'll see how it goes, if moisture is a problem for the lights I'll just leave the top off completely. they say that humidity domes are less important with aero cloners.

What will happen then Buddy?

The things are pretty much waterproof in my opinion, do you mean they won't last as long?

I use an aero cloner to, only just built a misting one recently, used a DWC cloner before that which was shit.

But they are real good with bubbler buckets as you don't have any problems with rockwool getting wet.

Im not sure if compact fluro's come in a waterproof version for outside use.....I've never used them, but for what its worth, I wouldnt take the risk of having any electrical devise under the humidity dome especially if your using a water heater....it just isnt safe.

I live in a cold area and have to heat the water in the bubbler otherwise the clones wont root and there is always water covering everything under the dome due to evaporation.

While the clones have no roots, they have no way to replace moisture when they transpire (sweat) so putting them in a place of high humidity, they get the moisture they need through the leaves until they develop roots.

Ive never had any luck trying to get clones to root without a humidity dome, even in soil although I once tried cloning wax....some survived but I had more success using a dome.

Buddy does have a valid point about the condensation, how about getting a cheap clear container like a lunchbox size food storer(s) and fitting it (them) into the lid, the lights could the be fitted in the container(s).

Another easy way is to lose the lid entirely, a humidity dome is really only needed when you use HID's.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

Buddy, there isn't much to worry about mate, I use normal cheap flouros, without covers, and mist my plants good all the time, I figure on top of a fish tank there is alot more humidity, and those fittings don't look too waterproof.

If I stop posting though, disregard all I've said as I've probably died of electricution, but I have no troubles with moisture. As long as you got it well earthed I think flouros are safe. I have sprayed the lights fairly directly and had water dripping off the tubes. And I'm still here.