Pot Plants ina Qld court as eviedence of harmless herb

I have nothing against bush.... I live in the city and therefore don't have the opportunity to grow bush without traveling hundreds of miles to do it. By growing my own hydro I can control what is used and I know exactly what I am smoking.

Part of the Nimbin hysteria was the claim that hydro is super potent because of the chemicals/nutrients (that themselves get you stoned which of course raises the question as to why break the law when you can get off on legal nutrients). I think anyone here knows that it is genetics which rule and that bush can be extremely high quality when grown by someone who knows what they are doing etc (probably more potent than hydro under lights which again points out the deficiencies and hysteria in the Green Smack argument that these so called pro cannabis activists unleashed on the mj movement ).

I have purchased a lot of bush, remembering I am in my 50's and hydro didn't exist in my early years as a smoker, and the quality can fluctuate between top notch and skank that tastes horribly of chemicals that have been sprayed on it to keep bugs off.

It's really my personal preference because of my situation and I don't promote my preference as gospel. Hydro/outdoor - we are all in the same boat and that is my point with not liking what damage the Green Smack hysteria does to the cause of cannabis legalisation. If those who seek to legalise mj demonise the very thing they argue is harmless, safe etc (BUT) then there is a major contradiction in their argument and they have just confirmed to the prohibition movement that mj is a very dangerous and addictive drug (note 'Green smack')

I have nothing against bush.... I live in the city and therefore don't have the opportunity to grow bush without traveling hundreds of miles to do it. By growing my own hydro I can control what is used and I know exactly what I am smoking.

Part of the Nimbin hysteria was the claim that hydro is super potent because of the chemicals/nutrients (that themselves get you stoned which of course raises the question as to why break the law when you can get off on legal nutrients). I think anyone here knows that it is genetics which rule and that bush can be extremely high quality when grown by someone who knows what they are doing etc (probably more potent than hydro under lights which again points out the deficiencies and hysteria in the Green Smack argument that these so called pro cannabis activists unleashed on the mj movement ).

I have purchased a lot of bush, remembering I am in my 50's and hydro didn't exist in my early years as a smoker, and the quality can fluctuate between top notch and skank that tastes horribly of chemicals that have been sprayed on it to keep bugs off.

It's really my personal preference because of my situation and I don't promote my preference as gospel. Hydro/outdoor - we are all in the same boat and that is my point with not liking what damage the Green Smack hysteria does to the cause of cannabis legalisation. If those who seek to legalise mj demonise the very thing they argue is harmless, safe etc (BUT) then there is a major contradiction in their argument and they have just confirmed to the prohibition movement that mj is a very dangerous and addictive drug (note 'Green smack')

yeah I agree with you in that the hysteria about hydro that the Nimbin crowd have contributed towards is not good for our cause. A few of them were on this board a year or so ago and we had a long discussion about it, and as a result they have softened their stance. It would be good if we could get on the same page eventually, but education takes time to sink in, especially when you're dealing with people who have a particular idea ingrained in their thinking for a long time.

I didn't mean anything personal mate, just my feelings on the matter. And as you pointed out you know how it is too.

Yeah the BS that hydro makes grass more potent becuase of chems is bizzare. I haven't ever got high eating strawberries, lettuces, tomaotes :thumbsup:...

but hasn't that propaganda gone along way in the community. Even my brother, who's smoked maybe 2 years less than I (nearly 30 years now), but he hasn't ever grown much. many none really. He's always ranting about chemicals in his pot making it stronger, and it frightens him. They have no reasoning ability.

Then again he's part of the woodford crowd, ya wana talk about loopy people...

cheers

rob

yeah I agree with you in that the hysteria about hydro that the Nimbin crowd have contributed towards is not good for our cause. A few of them were on this board a year or so ago and we had a long discussion about it, and as a result they have softened their stance. It would be good if we could get on the same page eventually, but education takes time to sink in, especially when you're dealing with people who have a particular idea ingrained in their thinking for a long time.

Unfortunately if you take their rhetoric and then look at the 2006 UNODC WDR you see them almost quoted in the "New Cannabis" hype that then fed this whole nasty shit fight of hysteria that has spread worldwide regarding hydro. How can we now deny it when our own (self professed) spokespeople proliferated the same hysteria even before the UN did?? That's the problem and I personally have nothing against the people of Nimbin who probably couldn't conceive of the damage they would do in making these ill informed statements that lacked any scientific basis (facts) but would go on to do so much damage to a cause. I guess there is an important lesson in this in that it is best to think before one speaks and a retraction on the part of these spokespeople should be made public to counter the damage they have done.

No offence taken to any comments guys (and girls). If I have learned anything in my life it is that moderated discussion yields positive results while anger can only put people offside even when it is meant in a way that seeks to help.

So I hope the people of Nimbin can respect where I am coming from as I respect where they are at.

Peace MR

I think its a bit of a stretch to say the hydro hysteria ORIGINATED from Nimbin. I think the case is more that when the hydro paranoia came around, the hippies saw it as another weapon that could be used against them, so joined in on the condemnation of hydro, in the hopes they would have a better chance of success with the general public and government in terms of getting a break in the laws. Hydro growing wasn't important to them and it ties in with their ideas on sustainable and "natural" ways of living as well, which obviously doesn't involve growing plants by burning fossil fuels.

same

i was sooooooooo pissed off too

dis kinda ting is instergated by the devide and concure babylon mentaltity

i keep tellin em so too

and even grow a strictly organic hydro in protest

i shove it under their nose and they love it

everytime

dat suts em up

they didnt even know it was possible

haha

also

sometimes we get asio and cia send in the narcs to come here and mash up the sceen and start dees tings off

but it usally ends up backfireing pon themselves cause when these ppl live with we in the community they soon see the light quit thier jobs and join we

hehe

atrue

they even change the cops at the local cop shop every 3mths for that very reason

BTW

Yo Rob

did you read the bit bout the -->strawman

thats the key to keep all the fruits of babylon

as you know a soveign is free to abide by which ever laws they choose

so............choose

guidance

Radic

Hash Oil Rulez

www.earthreggae.com

wat amazes me is u guys think u are doing something positive

positively wasting resources and the courts time

so wen the movement is fair dinkum

bigger chance of being laughed out..

fuck off home to NSW IMHO

bil

Wow bil I never realised you cared so much about the courts time and money? ... they keep asking him to come back??? :bow:

When it's your turn to go to court I'm sure you'll handle it accordingly,... and plead guilty?.. or appear 60 odd times? as this guy has done or maybe something different all together?

And why the fuck off home bit? That's a bit harsh don't you think? What state were you born in?

What has this hippie car dweller done to you? How will his testing of the court system by not answering his name affect Cannabis law? Seriously?

When has the Law ever made any sense regarding Cannabis anyway? Why not stir the pot?

Crazy people enjoy smoking Cannabis just as much as I do, as sick people do, as you and yours do as we all do.. In the end the only person he has to please is himself, he doesn't owe you, me, Cannabis Law reform or anyone a damn thing :)

I think the guy is a champion simply because in his own way he didn't roll over :thumbsup: it has nothing to do with the way Nimbin operates.