Too late to start seeds?

Getting the plants to finish flowering before any frosts would be the main concern.

You'll definately get a crop but the longer you can veg them indoors the bigger your harvest will be. I reckon you have 5 weeks to veg in this season, but, if your somewhere that doesn't get frost you could veg longer indoors if they aren't big enough.

Use coco, the roots will grow waaaay faster through it than just soil and will replant easily outdoors. Bigger roots = bigger plants

Just some things to think about :thumbdown:

Use coco, the roots will grow waaaay faster through it than just soil and will replant easily outdoors. Bigger roots = bigger plants

Just some things to think about :thumbdown:

That's great advice Bufo, I just wish you'd said it a week ago :thumbsup:

...probably a good reason for me to start a few more :thumbdown: purely for educational reasons of course!

Cheers for the advise BM. How much coco should i use in the soil mix? I lined the hole will thick plastic with a few drainage holes, and used 2 x 4L chambers of expanded water crystals with shade cloth lining the bottom and sides. The soil mix is made up of 5 x 30L bags of pre composted soil - 0.4 composted cow, sheep, chook manure +blood and bone, 0.2 worm castings, 0.2 coco peat, .2 vermicu/perlite. I added alot of dolomite too get it well composted. i also used about 45L of sand at the site to let the plants taste the native soil, and i'm going to add about 100mm of mulch after planting. Should i add more coco peat? i can always add another 30L and have a very full hole if it will be worth the effort. I'm vegging the seedlings inside until they are almost root bound in their 470ml pots then weather hardening and taking out. That means i will have plenty of time to take out the coco peat.

The seedlings are growing extremely fast and the roots are filling the pot quickly. One of the Genius seedilings already has growing tips coming out of the first node. I swear by CFLs for vegging quickly and densly

Hi everybody I managed to get my 12 seedling planted at my new spot early this morning. I have some pics here but the camera ran out of batteries so they're not the best quality, but you can see what i'm up to. SO far everything has gone perfectly, isn't it awesome when that happens! Just gotta keep that streak going till harvest ay! :sdj:

p.s. Is there a way to get this thread copied to the grow diary section, or should i just post a new thread there with a link here? Can i change the title?

post-14580-1200630609_thumb.jpg

post-14580-1200630778_thumb.jpg

Hi Ho Being new haven't said much just reading and learning, instead of breaking your back taking water up to your plants, over the next month or so, have you thought of getting some watering bags, you fill them up add a whisker of fertilizer and bury a wick next to your plant and it feeds them water.

Gills