Too late to start seeds?

Hi folks, I hope your all enjoying the season. I only just joined the forums here and I am very impressed by all the quality info here. Good work all!

I'm currently growing some mullumbimbi's and Mango's and everything is going amazingly (100% Organic in the Great Aussie Bush). They are about 2-3ft each and are going great. But i've been realising more and more just how bad the drought is so have decided expand my grow for friends and family. I have about 100 seeds of mainly Indicas (Sweet skunk, Bubblegum, East Coast Sour Diesel, White Widow, Black Widow, Trinity, Deep Chunk, Genius, OG Kush). I'm trying to work out how many seeds i need to grow for this to be worth it so can anyone estimate the yield I would get off these strains grown in 50-60 Lt holes in the gound with organic compost, worm castings, fish emulsion, seaweed and organic Veg/Bloom liquid ferts? Popping the beans asap. I'll get pics soon

Any help would be great thanks guys!!! :scratchin:

It tis abit late for outdoors..but not to late.. :toke: you will still have time to grow and flower your plants but the end product wont be as big as if ya planted a few weeks or even a month or so back..

I now of someone who has just got his seeds sprouted a few days back and is going to put them out side..there only about 2-3 inches high atm.

In regarding how much you will get (yield) from them strains outdoors now...its like asking...."How longs a peice of string" ;).. its hard to say..Have to wait and see. ;)

Good luck on ya grow, lookin forward to some pics.

:wave:

Edited by Dallas

I'm going to veg the seedlings under flouros 24/0 for a few weeks should speed them up quite well. They're looking really good after i gave them some seasol. I also have some cuttings that are looking perfect so I'm pretty confident about the project. I'll get those pics soon :wave:

Here are some of my seedlings after 6 days of vegging under 3 x 48w 5000K cfls + heating pad and 150mm fan at 24/0. The ones that aren't in clear cups are only about 2-3 days old. I have been using half strength charlie carp in a spray bottle and they seem to be loving it with no signs of burning. I've got some other seeds outside that are about as old and are only half the size of the indoor seedlings. Compact flouros are great for vegging seedlings/cuttings in small spaces - eg 2ft x 2ft. There are also 3 clones in there - one off screen. I've germinated around 70 seeds this week and only around 20 have been lost to pests so i'm feeling very positive about this last minute expansion of my project. More pics soon

post-14580-1199703188_thumb.jpg

the yield will be smaller due to your late start....to increase yield increase the number of plants.... :thumbdown:

no one can accurately estimate your yield as their are too many variables.... :thumbdown: ...however that said...say you want two pounds of buds...estimate a low yield per plant cause of the late start..say 2 OZ per plant...you would then need sixteen plants....which is about whatcha started with..

Cheers for the advice Grok. I'm gonna take about 25 female cuttings very soon so will hopefulll end up with 30 females. I'm planning on putting 24 of them into 2 separate lots with 12 in each, out in the bush, like this one i finished today. The rest will fill gaps in my other plots. I had to haul 5 x 30L bags of organic soil on my back about 10Km to fill the hole, and need to once more. The hole is approx 2.5ft x 3.5 ft. those hoses sticking out of the ground are sealed chambers containing expanded water crystals. I'm planning on making 2 watering trips each week with 15L on my back. I was really lucky to find some perfect spots recently so i'm happy as right now

post-14580-1200033770_thumb.jpg