Cannabis Research

After actually completing the survey I encourage all members of Ozstoners to fill out the damn forms. There are good questions and stupid questions, but at least we get to have a say. If we dont represent smokers who will?

My only problems -

question 12 asked "during 90 days how many joints or cones did you have on those days you used cannabis". the problem is I smoke joints and cones every day, but I only got to pick one.

question 24 asked "Over the last three months, how difficult did you find it to stop or go without cannabis". The problem is, as a daily smoker I didnt want to stop or go without.

Question 25 only gives you a list of reasons as to why you use cannabis. There are many reasons why I use cannabis, and none of them was on the list. The absolute main reason for me is for Civil Disobedience, because the laws are wrong and I am willing to go to jail for my beliefs, because that is the moral thing to do.

Please I implore you, fill out the forms. We need these surveys to not be so biased towards the old "Use = Abuse" bullshit.

Even if it doesnt do any good, at least they cant give the government more propaganda, based on our unwillingness to fight for our cause. Best case scenario this survey gets ignored and our politicians never hear about it. Worst case scenario for this survey, is we were given a chance to fight and refused to do so, and then we have to put up with the propaganda thrown at and against us.

Please I implore you, fill out the forms. We need these surveys to not be so biased towards the old "Use = Abuse" bullshit.

Even if it doesnt do any good, at least they cant give the government more propaganda, based on our unwillingness to fight for our cause. Best case scenario this survey gets ignored and our politicians never hear about it. Worst case scenario for this survey, is we were given a chance to fight and refused to do so, and then we have to put up with the propaganda thrown at and against us.

WTF are you talking about here ? .. this is a survey , a survey.. its nothing about 'having our say'! ... 'our chance to fight and refused to do so' ?? .. you say 'We need these surveys to not be so biased " .. the person who writes the Questions inflicts the bias ! ... if you cant give any credible reason to fill out the survey I cant see why you should implore others to fill it out

wtf are you on man ?? ...

the irony of your name is not lost on all ... you really sound like the filth too

Here's their mission statement and goals, you'll notice the research is aimed just the way it was paid to be:

Mission Statement

The overall mission of NDARC is: to conduct high quality research and related activities that increases the effectiveness of the Australian and International treatment and other intervention responses to alcohol and other drug related harm.

In order to increase the effectiveness of the Australian treatment response to drug problems four goals need to be met:

(1) the harms to which treatment should be directed need to be known;

(2) effective treatments should be available for responding to these harms;

(3) those providing treatment should be aware of which treatments are effective; and

(4) those who suffer the harms for which the treatments are intended should be made aware of ways in which to minimise harm, and of the availability of effective forms of treatment.

Key Goals

<a name="goals">

(1) to improve our understanding of the nature and extent of alcohol and other drug-related harms to which treatment and other interventions should be directed;

(2) to increase knowledge on the range and effectiveness of treatment and other interventions that is aimed at reducing forms of alcohol and other drug related harm;

(3) to increase knowledge among treatment and intervention providers about which programs are effective and which individuals are most suited to them;

(4) to increase the community's knowledge of appropriate and effective treatment and other intervention programs for alcohol and drug-related problems.

No valid researcher would accept such narrow boundaries.

:peace:

hey,

took your online survey.. it is narrow minded and seams to be aimed at the 16-21 year age bracket ( i smoke to fit in with peers) honest to god thats like this super thc weed in NZ called white rhino :peace: .. fair enough that you are looking for "research" on people looking to quit smoking.. Have personally been around the traps of australias cannabis culture for 10-15 years and in all that time i have only known two..... YES 2 people that needed treatment.. One was a 17 year old who didnt leave his bedroom just sat at home and smoked.. Used to have dealers arrive out front after he finished work and never saw the light of day.. He was cured by a woman a few months after.. still smoked but he finally left the house...

The other was a dealer who had someone try do stand overs and threaten him.. Alot of this is going on of late.... He ended up in a mental ward under pysc watch.. Spent a few weeks there (made more money in there than when he was out) now has a outpatient service with a checkup each two weeks with a counseller.. Now the service while it is there to help has done sweet fuck all for this guy even while he has used and abused the system for all its worth.. So now tell me how good it is.. I will find out if he will do your in person interview and atleast you will get the truth behind the bullshit....

I smoke pot because I enjoy it.

In 14 years of varying levels of enjoying Cannabis it has never caused me a problem.

Growing my own Cannabis ensures that my use incurs no financial burden on my family.

After smoking Cannabis daily for the past few months I have had no problem going without since the weekend.

The only reason that I have ceased smoking is to prepare for imminent urine testing at my workplace, which presents a problem, because now I must seek out a new source of income to support my family.

Enjoying Cannabis is far more important to me than any notion of loyalty to a company that I have given 7 years of my life to and who has now decided that my Cannabis use somehow makes me unfit for work. I have never been involved in any form of safety incident/accident at work, never required any form of disciplinary action and have always maintained a high standard in my work.

Now please fit that into your survey CannabisResearch or would you prefer to change your handle to CannabisPropaganda which is obviously your agenda :peace:

;)

'Laughing my arse off' as they say

Some really good coments and some fucking funny yet disturbingly spot on, SS :peace:

What a pity the jellyfish who posted won't be back to respond to any of the well thought out replies

These spineless dicks never do

I think NDARC or whoever the fuck they are need to PAY if they want to SPAM their 'cannabis research' here at OzStoners.

Next time, after one of these pests post here with their '1 post propaganda thread' and run away, I suggest to the mods that it not be shown until WE GET TO ADD OUR OWN QUESTIONS TO THEIR 'RESEARCH' , which would require dialogue acess to the clowns at the top, to take on board OUR own research which is accumulating nicely here in the forums with various links to Aust Govt studies, overseas studies, papers, committee findings, statistics, etc, plus payment ;) option 2 for them is more of the same and the thread binned ;)

Just a thought

carry on

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/minister...7-cp-pyn096.htm

30 August 2007

PYN96/07

A new management committee has been created to support the National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre in setting its directions and progress, the Minister for Ageing, Christopher Pyne, announced today.

“The committee will help develop innovative approaches to delivering treatment for people with cannabis problems, including dependency, as well as providing education about the dangers of cannabis use,” said Mr Pyne, who also has ministerial responsibility for illicit drugs policy.

“It is a high-calibre committee and will bring a wealth of expertise to the centre, assisting it in its important work.

“I am particularly pleased that a former Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Health and Ageing, Trish Worth, has agreed to head the committee,” he said.

The committee includes members from Victoria Police, the Intergovernmental Committee on Drugs and the Australian National Council on Drugs as well as representatives of the centre’s governing consortium member organisations and Government representatives.

The Australian Government is providing more than $12 million over four years for the centre, which is part of the Government’s Tough on Drugs initiative.

A list of committee members is attached.

Media contact: Adam Howard 0400 414 833

National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre Management Committee

The NCPIC Management Committee will include the following individuals and stakeholders (an annual membership review will be undertaken to ensure appropriate coverage).

Ms Trish Worth (Chair)

Professor Richard P Mattick (NDARC)

Professor Steve Allsop (National Drug Research Institute)

Dr Toni Makkai (Australian Institute of Criminology)

Dr Dan Lubman (ORYGEN Research Centre)

Professor Ann Roche (National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction)

Mr Wesley Noffs (The Ted Noffs Foundation)

Ms Margaret Morton (Lifeline)

Ms Virginia Hart (Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing)

Dr Rachel David

Professor Ross Fitzgerald

Ms Anne Healy (Department of Education, Science and Training representative)

Deputy Superintendent Wendy Steendam (Victoria Police)

Superintendent Frank Hansen (Inter-governmental Committee on Drugs – law enforcement representative)

Paul Smith (Inter-governmental Committee on Drugs – health representative)

Associate Professor Robert Ali (Australian National Council on Drugs)

Professor Wayne Hall (University of Queensland)

Professor Ted Wilkes (Curtin University).

:peace:

I filled in the survey. Judging by the views here most of you will disagree with me on this but here is why I did it.

I don't think NDARC is simply a government propaganda wing. It is run by a university. NDARC was set up by Dr Alex Wodak who has some excellent views on pot. I don't think he is still involved, though. Although they are primarily there to develop ways of preventing drug and alcohol use they may also be open to the idea of harm minimisation. The main reason I filled in the survey is that cannabis users have no voice at all. There is almost no political movement in Australia. At least this survey gave me a tiny chance to say at the end that I think they misunderstand cannabis use. They simply don't know what questions to ask. If no one tells them they will just go ahead and make misinformed decisions. I am not saying anyone here can change their minds but if you say nothing then definitely nothing will happen. I wish these researchers would come on here and learn something but they probably wont. I am as frustrated as anyone by the propaganda. Thirty years I have put up with the bullshit but what can be achieved by keeping views within ozstoners.com? Preaching to the converted.

If anyone has some better ideas let me know. Also if anyone knows of a cannabis political movement within Australia I'd like to hear about it. Otherwise I will just continue to do what little I can (letters to editors e.t.c. , telling researchers what I think).

I will continue to co-operate with research hoping the truth will eventually come out. Maybe I am just being naive. :peace: