Cannabis Research

National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre

Cannabis research

Are you a regular cannabis user or concerned about someone’s cannabis use?

Researchers from the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC) would like to talk to people in the Sydney area who regularly use cannabis, or are in treatment for cannabis use, about ways to improve cannabis treatment services. Interviews are done in person, one-to-one, take about 30 minutes and are strictly confidential. You will be reimbursed $30 for your time and expenses. We also have a confidential online survey for people who are concerned about the cannabis use of a friend or family member, or are unable to complete the interview face-to-face but still want to have a say.

To organise an interview please contact Peter at NDARC on 9385 0269 or 0448 184 622 or email cannabisresearch@unsw.edu.au

To access the online survey go to http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au and follow the prompts.

yes.. i am deeply concerned about my cannabis use...

the biggest concern is this.. where i see towns so dry that no one can even score a small bag of cannabis yet meth amphetamine runs rampant with 13 year old kids shooting up in public toilets..

i think we need more home growers out there to supply small communities with extremely high quality cannbis to try and give these kids some thought and artistic direction instead of frying what ever developed brain they might have by shooting up meth..

my second biggest concern is.. that due to my day job my cannabis use being so low i cant cope with everyday bullshit.. road rage and the like.. due to rediculas cannabis laws i cant smoke freely in the workplace so my cannabinoids are way too low.. i fear i may have to quit my job to keep my cannabinoid levels at a respectable tolerance... its a vicious world out there... and i need a higher cannibiniod level to endure.. its an anger management technique that works better than anything else...

P.S. ... This is what we would call SPAM.. but ill leave the topic open as i really think there will be some interesting replies from members... some one else may delete or close it..

This survey is directed at coming up with the 'best' ways to treat people who use Cannabis, also for people who are so feeble-minded they cant decide wether or not they should be using cannabis in the 1st place ... the Questions are skewered towards "How a Government Department should deal with people who feel they are addicted to cannabis" ... it focuses ONLY on the negative aspects of Cannabis use!!!

You will see the results of surveys such as this one, when released result in newspaper headlines such as .. " Cannabis Leads to Heroin / Speed " .. "Children as Young as 10years addicted to / problems with Cannabis" ... "Cannabis users want more Government help"

These such survey results are the ammunition that politicians use when introducing new laws to combat " The Dangers of Cannabis use on our youth "

Basically its a fuckin' huge load of gobble-dee-gook ... I dont know where these half-witted university educated clowns get off coming down here asking for our input into their studies to help curb and eventually eradicate Cannabis use ... its obscene!!

thats all folks !

:peace:

Cannabis issues haven't changed in the 20 odd years i've been smoking off 'n on. The only thing that changes is bullshit excuses that NDARC 'n other prohibitionists come up with to get tougher on cannabis laws.

CannabisResearch, NDARC proved to me last time one of your own popped in here asking for participants to partake in a survey. All that come out of it, was more bullshit propaganda youse so kindly presented to the government 'n media to boost your funding.

If youse cared to look at cannabis as a whole, you would notice, "pot smoking" is such a tiny part of the whole picture, it shouldn't even register on a graph. While organizations like yourselves focus solely on the pot smoking side of it. Our great nations is missing out on developing safer, greener industries for the better of all mankind.

But hey, don't let that stop yourselves from presenting bullshit stories to gov 'n media to bash cannabis all the time. After all, you're walkin' hand in hand with gov and other industries that want to destroy the planet 'n profit right now 'n fuck the consequences, let the kids of the future deal with it, right?

Anyway, as i was saying. I've smoked off 'n on for the last 20 odd years 'n not once found it ever to be a problem to "cold turkey" if i felt i needed to have a break from it. Just a damn shame i can't say the same about cigarettes.

Edited by Indycar

You will get a lot of crap survey results by paying people to do it , every wino and junkie in the city will turn up once word is out for their 30 bux of grog / smack / ice money , real smokers may not be bothered.

If you want figures and advice on cannabis treament services maybe go visit them and interview anyone who is undergoing treatment ... just a thought

i dont understand

i dont have a problem with cannabis

on another note

wat else being a cannabis researcher do u research?

wat angles and questions are being researched?

is it another miseducated hiersay crappy statistic making doo hickey??

sorry but i see alot if MIS EDUCATION amongst the community

and personally dont want to be apart of it

bil

If they really want to do some worthwhile research they should do it on the damage done by the legal drugs and the problems the addicts have getting off them. There are thousands of deaths per year in Australia that are directly due alcohol and tobacco, there are zero deaths due to cannabis ever recorded anywhere in recent or ancient history.

Crikey varment! How's the name of your centre? That's just plain mean gutted of you!

Your centre has no real purpose other than securing grants and creating propaganda.

If you learnt about the plant and passed on truths to the youth, they'd have no troubles with it. Especially if they learnt how to grow and use it healthily. Which is very simple, except for prohibition. Use it, not abuse it.

Then of course if the truth did leak out, NDARC would just be NARC hey..