Sea of Green: Get a harvest every 2 weeks

well illbefuct again. Now I am embarresed. Just stopped by to say TY to an old friend. My bad. When are you going to finish the big blue bastard or did you already. VV

Oh, sorry... VV is talking about posts I did while I was using rollitup.org. *duh* I can only use one cannabis board at a time... :blink:

For those who don't know, the Big Blue Bastard is a 5 tube UV fluoro ioniser... which is still on my workbench, waiting for me to work out why a 16W fluoro tube connected to an 18W ballast pops the ckt breaker on my workbench's 240V power supply.

VV, I will eventually work it out.

Sorry for the confusion- and welcome to OSA.

I changed over to OSA due to the better technical facilities and amazingly knowledgeable community of users here. I've been at this growing gig for quite a while but there's several ppl around OSA who are capable of helping me get the trees out of the way of the forest I'm looking at. :blink:

So I'm like totally confused on something that is probably really simple. It's with the trays and pots. Are the pots 8 inches across or 8 inches tall. I thought they were 8 inches across so you would need 4'x4' tray for them not a 2'7x2'7 to fit 23 pots. What gives?? I'm pretty much boxed in, pulled out, and utterly confused. Help...

good to know. I'm still making progress so I won't change too much yet. Have all 5 tables on flood and drain now. And I made a little clone box so I'm set there. Thanx for visiting us again. You do have to view the rollitup post right after yours. VV

VV, good to hear you're cooking along. :peace:

I did visit the RIU post you referenced but I don't want to spend a lot of time interacting on threads over there. Got quite a lot on my plate as it is. I don't write much on OSA at the moment because I'm fairly busy with running my op and other associated nonsense.

So I'm like totally confused on something that is probably really simple. It's with the trays and pots. Are the pots 8 inches across or 8 inches tall. I thought they were 8 inches across so you would need 4'x4' tray for them not a 2'7x2'7 to fit 23 pots. What gives?? I'm pretty much boxed in, pulled out, and utterly confused. Help...

The trays are 2'7" square. The pots are labelled on their bottoms "175mm" which is about 6.9"- but that is a measure of the diameter of the bottoms of the pots. The diameter of the tops of the pots is larger- measures 200mm, about 8". They stand 200mm (about 8") tall, as well.

23 pots are a tight fit in these trays, but they do fit. 24 will fit but one or two wind up tilted a bit on an angle. Even 23 won't line up in neat rows. I'll get a pic of a fully loaded tray a bit later when I'm in the op. Other shit to do at the mo.

One note on the Fytocell trial- I'm not a fan at this point. Fytocell has one major design flaw- pots filled with the stuff will float in flood trays, even if the Fytocell has been soaked for a day before use. Unless you take some measures to keep the pots standing upright (like jamming in as many pots as the tray will hold), the pots can tip over when the tray is flooded to the overflow tube level. I have been hand watering with a spare pump and a hose.

I can see no great advantage to Fytocell over rockwool floc in the mixed test batch I've been running. However, I have had some other problems in the op, most likely related to an overdose of PK13-14, which may be masking any performance gains in the Fytocell plants. I'm going to run several more batches in Fytocell only but unless I find a solution to the pots of Fc floating, I'm going to go back to rockwool.

Fytocell might be better used with a drip system, but due to sprayer/dripper clogging, I'm not interested in drip systems.

Hey Al, Thanks responding back on my pot/tray issue. I'm a typical newbie got more clones than I can deal with and am in a rush for the next step, but I've been looking at a lot of posts and I dig Yours the most by far. I used to grow bag seed back in the day(15years ago) under hydro with the old emily gardens,but a recent move has put me back in the position to grow again. I've got a few bucks and some room to do a good op. I want to do it right! So I hope you don't mind if I hit you up for info from time to time. If your trays are 2-7x2-7 I'm golden cause i've been planning for 4x4 trays. a HUGE difference. Thanks for the correction it is huge to me. PS love the BAT WINGS.

NORCAL.budman