Sea of Green: Get a harvest every 2 weeks

I had read that a plant needs to veg 6 -7 weeks b4 turning to flower.

Yep, correct. The plant needs about 6-7wks vegging from seed to get to sexual maturity (displaying preflowers at nodes) before you can even determine sex.

Not sure what you're going to get on just a few weeks of 12/12 from seed sprout. A sexually immature plant won't be of known sex and may not develop floral clusters, of either sex.

While the clones in my op don't get any vegging time per se, the mums they come from are constantly in veg. You have to remember that my mums were sprouted from seed some years ago, vegged to sexual maturity, then sexed. The female lineage lives on of course.

All the cuttings taken from mums post sexual maturity will themselves be sexually mature- and of the same, known sex of the mother.

• Upvote 1

I chose 8" because the plants are less apt to tip over. Flooding them 1x/day at lights on is sufficient.

6" will work but you may have to water differently. Might need to water again a couple of hours before lights off. If the tray is packed solid full of pots, even 6" pots will stand up. :)

I dry out rockwool and rootballs by putting them in a milk crate and pointing a fan at it. Takes about a week for one rootmass & waste RW to dry out fully, but once that's done, it's very light and easy to bag up and dispose of in common rubbish.

Once dry, it compacts very well (stomp on it! :)), down to about 20% of the fluffed up volume as it is used while growing. In small, ordinary looking bags, it shouldn't attract any undue attention mixed in with other regular, bagged up rubbish- hasn't so far for me.

• Upvote 1