Sea of Green: Get a harvest every 2 weeks

maybe have the oscilating fans connected to the wall

bend yaself a nice bit of stainless that fits the same insert as the fan base

that way u can bend to assist in no light being lost

weld to a plate..bobs ya aunty

screw to wall with rubber insert behind to aid in noise..

this is how i will be running my fans once im set up again

great diary AL B...

infact after ive done some vert action with no hoods

ill be doin a sog with LUI,TAKING PATICULAR DETAIL TO YA THREAD

thanks for sharing man

bil

bufo, billo, thanks for that.

Billo, I do have to cook up some sort of brackets. The tower fans are pretty well rooted. I thought I'd go get some ordinary 40cm osc fans, omit the floor stand and use some TV mast hardware to clamp a piece of their telecoping vertical tube to the wall. Also thought about just tacking a piece of the fan mount tube with the MIG to a strong steel 'L' bracket (like for shelves) and screwing it to the wall.

Stupidly, I can buy a plain ol floor-standing 40cm osc fan @ Bunnies for $14 but if I want the same fan with a wall mount bracket, they're $30.

I really don't have room to swing typical osc fans around... might alternatively get some of those box fans which accomplish oscillation by a rotating vane in front of the fan blades.

Stupider yet, I could have built the room bigger to cope with ordinary floor standing osc fans but thought the tower fans would work out. :scratchin:

billo, I can't wait to see your results of a SoG with LUI. It did real well for me years ago, I'd run it again. You'll like the productivity a whole lot. :photo:

I really don't have room to swing typical osc fans around... might alternatively get some of those box fans which accomplish oscillation by a rotating vane in front of the fan blades.

I use them Al B, and replace every 12mths or so. Have one suspended and oscillating, by running cable thro the plastic frame. That louvre thing on the front makes it sweep about 150 degrees, by turning the whole fan. Works pretty good.

All looking nice and dialled in too mate, way to go :scratchin:

Good to know, mully. Will grab a few next time. I only expect a year's worth of constant service out of cheep Chinese fans, so I try to catch them on special in autumn. Bought the tower fans last autumn, should have gone with the rotary vane sort.

Yep, thanks, it is looking a bit more dialled in these days. :wave: Still got a cpl things to sort out. Top cola growth is splitting, probably due to spring/summer heat. Buds below the tops are not affected, must be the radiant IR as the air temps are OK. I think cooltubing the 1000s will fix that.

Good article.

What happens if my clones take too long to root?

Happens to me now and again, throws a spanner in the works a bit. If your clonebox is big enough to hold more than the number you usually cut, you can hold the slow clones in the clonebox until they do set root (as I usually do), or you can do your next batch of cuttings on schedule and discard the slow batch, hoping for better luck next time. Nothing helps you get good at cloning like doing about 30 of them every 2 weeks. :thumbdown:

And how many mums do I need for something your size?

I usually have 6-10 mums going at any one time. I replace them one by one as needed. The minimum necessary would be about 3-4. About 80% of the mother plant material I grow goes straight in the compost. Veg patch likes it. :thumbsup: Better to have more mum plant material than needed so you can have your pick of the thickest and healthiest stems for clones and just compost any material not up to scratch.