Whats the quickest way to scrog from seed?

I am going to set up a wardrobe grow from seed, however I need to get the show on the road as quick as possible. I am wondering what the best technique would be to start from seed, determine sex and then either remove the males and hermies and scrog the females, or maybe take a few clones from every plant and have them in veg while I turn back the main light to flower, determine which will be males and then transfer all the females into the wardrobe and gp from there. I was wondering if its possible to just flower plants for long enough to determine sex, then return back to veg for a while tio scrog em, than flower again? Whats the earliest I can start a strain such as kush to flower, and how long would it usually take for the sex to become apparent?

Sorry for the long winded post, but I have become quite frustrated trying to figure ouyt the best way to go about this so I thought id ask the experts.

imo the quickest method would be to vege the plants for a few weeks, take 2 or more cuttings from each plant to ensure survival and then flower the original plants.

while the cuttings are rooting, you can remove males as they appear, same goes for the cuttings taken from them and once the female clones are rooted you will end up with a nice batch of plants to play with :scratchin:

imo the quickest method would be to vege the plants for a few weeks, take 2 or more cuttings from each plant to ensure survival and then flower the original plants.

while the cuttings are rooting, you can remove males as they appear, same goes for the cuttings taken from them and once the female clones are rooted you will end up with a nice batch of plants to play with :scratchin:

Do you reckon I shouyld just put the clones in with the flowering ones after theyve rooted, or turn the whole lot back to veg?

I will probably only have one wardrobe and a small area for a mother and cloning area. I wanted to have a veg and flowering room separate but stealth probably just wont let me, also for power considerations, is a 250w hps on a light rail ok for veg in a 4' by 3' area? Or what about compact flourescents?

Do you reckon I shouyld just put the clones in with the flowering ones after theyve rooted, or turn the whole lot back to veg?

i think you should keep atleast 1 clone from each of the females alive as mothers until you have chosen the pick of the litter and removed the other females. but if you take my advice and take 2 cuttings to ensure survival you could end up with a bunch of cuttings you could just throw into your flowering room for a bit of extra bud :scratchin:

is a 250w hps on a light rail ok for veg in a 4' by 3' area? Or what about compact flourescents?

a HID type light, eg. hps or mh, will always out do flourescents, even at the same wattage...based on that, you should always use a hid for vege and flowering and leave the fluros for cloning B) having said that though, if you really have no other choice in the matter, fluros will grow a plant very slowly and with a greater amount of stretch than normal so if you need a place for mothers, early vege etc a fluro can cover you for that short period of time :freak:

Hi raff, mate, do you have seeds now? Crack em and get em sprouted if your keen to get growing.

To do what you want to do realisticly your gonna need 6 weeks veg, read up on how to spot preflowers it will save you turning the lights back to 12/12 to determine sex.

Tying the main stem back on itself will help the plant branch out without the slight delay from tipping.

250w? go at least a 400. And the price of a new light mover will surprise you, even though they are a great idea.

Hi raff, mate, do you have seeds now? Crack em and get em sprouted if your keen to get growing.

To do what you want to do realisticly your gonna need 6 weeks veg, read up on how to spot preflowers it will save you turning the lights back to 12/12 to determine sex.

Tying the main stem back on itself will help the plant branch out without the slight delay from tipping.

250w? go at least a 400. And the price of a new light mover will surprise you, even though they are a great idea.

Yeah I hear you on the price of light movers, I bought one second hand a couple of years ago for 80 bucks, but then sold it on a few weeks later for $180 now im thinking I should have kept it. Ive been looking on ebay and found a yank one called an agro-mover, its only $149 us (bout $180 oz) but im not sure if it will work with 240v or not, its a nice bit of gear cos you dont need to buy specially made rails like the jupiter one, it uses standard square strut you buy from bunnings for pennies. Ive got two 400w ballasts here (I pinched em both from the grounds of parliament house in victoria years ago (my little bit of political protest)

I did a couple of grows ages ago in a flat I was renting (it had the coolest 4' by 4' walk in closet that was just perfect but unfortunately I didnt grab one of the males early enough and they were as seedy as fuck.

So how accurate is the preflower thing, will it pick up all of the males b4 I go to 12/12??

its only $149 us (bout $180 oz) but im not sure if it will work with 240v or not, its a nice bit of gear cos you dont need to buy specially made rails like the jupiter one,

So how accurate is the preflower thing, will it pick up all of the males b4 I go to 12/12??

Usually american stuff is 120volt.

Females are reasonably easy to spot, so if you sprout enough seed you should be able to spot the plantable ones. Realisticaly somewhere around week 6 or later at around the 5th internode off the main stem, and elsewhere as it grows

post-11113-1179155596_thumb.jpg

Well I started off with the same idea with my current White Russian grow - it's in the grow diary section...

I popped the seeds, grew them to preflower at 5-6 weeks and they were easy to spot on 4 of the six plants. The other two turned out girls anyway but I would have pulled them otherwise.

The plants were grown/trained during vege under the screen (not twined through) so that I could have removed males easily and then placed the girls evenly under the net before letting them grow through for flower.

I think it has worked as well as I could have hoped for - the screen isn't as even as it would have been with clones (which are growing away happily now I might add) as some of the plants are more aggressive than others.

But I'm still getting the scrog benefit and I think they look pretty good space wise considering there is 6 in a square meter! :scratchin:

Pop them now cause by the time comes to be training them or topping them you'll be grateful you didn't wait any longer. :toke:

Jimbo lol