As far as I know MJOz closed down a couple of years back and wasn't a breeder so much as a place for breeders to market their seeds and clones through.

lol

MJoz had their own strains aswell ie bronsewhaler

as for these clone only strains they are effictivly rebadged other strains ie princess = a jack herrer pheno so to me it's just a name what i do like to see thought is peopel breeding with these "strains" to get what they want from with seeds aswell as just having the traits in a clone only strain

what i do like to see thought is peopel breeding with these "strains" to get what they want from with seeds aswell as just having the traits in a clone only strain

How can you do this Pure? Or is my understanding of a clone only strain wrong? I understand them to be plants that are sterile and wont grow seed and therefore are only able to be traded and grown from clones. Often the result of hybridization.

Over the years I have had many sterile mongy plants. Some of these were worth cloning, some were not, just as is the case with plants that arn't sterile.

It is fair to assume that if a strain is clone only it will soon dissapear off the scene if its no good but this does not mean they are automatically better than seed strains, as this rule also applies too them.

mongyman as far as i know some of the clone only strains are from rare phenos eg cheese may come from a rare skunk 1 pheno carfully selected then mass cloned. they could breed with this plant but chances are the seeds wouldnt be much like the cheese or take traits from skunk 1 itself..

easier to keep in clone form and retain the traits you have infront of you.

As you say there are many sterile hermi strains around that are destined to be clone only unless pollinated by another. I grow a strain called bigbud under rough conditions will pump out bananas but never have found a seed..

We have just as good if not better genetics hidden here in oz. These so called elites are mostly just hype, and just as good can be had from many seedlines here and abroad. Australia has many great breeders, some of whom sold beans to the rest of the world to rave reviews(unknown to most here in oz, and before the hs bust), whilst their beans are scoffed at here in oz , due to the fact they dont have an elite name, or at least come from holland or canada. The average punter has no faith in ozzy breeds, due to the fatc that they see poorly grown commercial bush as being a representation of these breeds. There are breeders in oz right now with lines bred from exotic local sativas, selectively line bred for indoor growth that have knocked the socks off the select few in holland, canada and the usa that have them. One german grower/smoker who regualarely visits amsterdam, describes a breed sent to him by an ozzy breeder as being so strong its like a harder party drug and that alot of his friends could not smoke it, due to its strength and super racy sativa high. Yet clones of this could not even been given away localy because it was bred here in oz( and not holland or canada), that is untill the grower is smoked out on the end product :thumbsup:, they then offer $$ for the clones.

As far as getting seed from a so called elite, most will, and have given up viable pollen using a treatment of sts (silverthiosulphate). A defacto term of an s1 has been given to the offspring of a selfed plant. Some breeders have gone as far as s5 i have heard, but massive debate rages within the breeding world on the merits of fem only line breeding

(s breeding). Many argue that the loss of the male reduces or cuts out the passing of alles responcible for specific desirable traits, but fem only line breeding is a much quicker way to achieve an ibl, but massively increases the ammount of inbred depression.

Just my 2 cents

Much respect

Moonunit

mongyman as far as i know some of the clone only strains are from rare phenos eg cheese may come from a rare skunk 1 pheno carfully selected then mass cloned. they could breed with this plant but chances are the seeds wouldnt be much like the cheese or take traits from skunk 1 itself..

easier to keep in clone form and retain the traits you have infront of you.

As you say there are many sterile hermi strains around that are destined to be clone only unless pollinated by another. I grow a strain called bigbud under rough conditions will pump out bananas but never have found a seed..

I agree thc24, for example G13 is supposedly a clone only strain, but there are many G13 x available, even when self pollinated the seeds will not produce exact copies (some recessant genes may become active and vice versa) of the "parent" so the only way to have the exact same pheno is by clone.

Often these clone only strains are not sterile, just hybridized so much that their offspring would be a gamble.

We have just as good if not better genetics hidden here in oz. These so called elites are mostly just hype, and just as good can be had from many seedlines here and abroad. Australia has many great breeders, some of whom sold beans to the rest of the world to rave reviews(unknown to most here in oz, and before the hs bust), whilst their beans are scoffed at here in oz , due to the fact they dont have an elite name, or at least come from holland or canada. The average punter has no faith in ozzy breeds, due to the fatc that they see poorly grown commercial bush as being a representation of these breeds. There are breeders in oz right now with lines bred from exotic local sativas, selectively line bred for indoor growth that have knocked the socks off the select few in holland, canada and the usa that have them. One german grower/smoker who regualarely visits amsterdam, describes a breed sent to him by an ozzy breeder as being so strong its like a harder party drug and that alot of his friends could not smoke it, due to its strength and super racy sativa high. Yet clones of this could not even been given away localy because it was bred here in oz( and not holland or canada), that is untill the grower is smoked out on the end product laugh.gif, they then offer $$ for the clones.

As far as getting seed from a so called elite, most will, and have given up viable pollen using a treatment of sts (silverthiosulphate). A defacto term of an s1 has been given to the offspring of a selfed plant. Some breeders have gone as far as s5 i have heard, but massive debate rages within the breeding world on the merits of fem only line breeding

(s breeding). Many argue that the loss of the male reduces or cuts out the passing of alles responcible for specific desirable traits, but fem only line breeding is a much quicker way to achieve an ibl, but massively increases the ammount of inbred depression.

Just my 2 cents

Much respect

Moonunit

Thats an interesting read Moonunit. I used to enjoy the old sativas much more than the Dutch /Canadian stuff that is available now. Pity there isn't an Aussie bank but in this political climate i guess it's not possible. Australia certainly had some great genetics here in the past, probably mainly asian sativa's.

Stupid yanks...

Hey guys, I just flew in from the old U.S. of A. ........anb boy are my arms tired!

Butt cerally folks, we're not ALL stupid.

What I'm tryin to say is don't paint us all with the same brush.

In the inimitable words of Rodney King...."Can't we all just get along?"

Sure we've got assholes that shoot their mouths off about how great their shit is but are you intimating that nobody in your neck of the woods is of a similar bent?

I would venture to say y'all have your share of dim-bulbs down under, eh?

Definately some great strains have been bred here in Oz. I've been lucky to grow a few strains in the past from MJOz (Bronzewhaler x Hindu Kush), a few SPC strains ie. Headstone #2, & Very Berry and even a fantastic White Rhino cross bred by Robbie Ganjaseed which was a bloody potent plant indeed.

I still have a few beans of the old SPC stock here that were sent to me quite a few years back now. I'll be putting a few of these in to germ after the first grow is out of the way. If all goes well, I may even have a few cuttings down the track of these strains once they're germed and ready for cloning.

Hey guys, I just flew in from the old U.S. of A. ........anb boy are my arms tired!

Butt cerally folks, we're not ALL stupid.

What I'm tryin to say is don't paint us all with the same brush.

In the inimitable words of Rodney King...."Can't we all just get along?"

Sure we've got assholes that shoot their mouths off about how great their shit is but are you intimating that nobody in your neck of the woods is of a similar bent?

I would venture to say y'all have your share of dim-bulbs down under, eh?

Yeah sorry bout that! I was a bit broad with the tarring brush, you are correct - idiots are everywhere.

Jimbo :thumbdown: