What do you guys think about this?

You can't read a high times mag these days without references to OG Kush, Granddaddy Purple, Sour Diesel or Trainwreck these days. According to the yanks, these strains are the best in the world or the "elite" as they call them. They must be good strains, but I think they believe their own hype and are biased about there own weed. What do you think???

I think if we ozzies started raving about some pheno of whatever strain we find, call it our own, start calling it the "holy grail", then break the news to them all that it's clone only, "but take our word for it, it's the worlds best weed",how do you ya reckon it would go down with them???:toke:

Funny they claim alot of these strains have been around for along time, yet no one has produced seeds. Even people who get clones now, don't sacrifice a few females and spray them with GB acid to produce some fem seeds.

I'm a member of the Gardens cure and ICmag and I can't believe there thinking that if it's not a clone only strain, it's almost like it's inferior weed to them.

PS The yanks aren't the only ones that do this, the brits are in on the act with "Cheese" a skunk #1 pheno..

Edited by Harlsmanson

All clones started from a seed lol

Very true dave, but not all clones can grow seed, although I'd never thought of using gib acid ( I dont know if they are still sterile if polinated by a flower from themselves ) might be something I'll have to try.

As for clone only strains automatically being "Elite", what a WANK. I have grown many sterile plants over the years, some of them were very nice, some of them crap, just the same as non-sterile cannabis plants vary. To say that sterile plants are automatically better than seed strains IMO is somthing said by those with very little knowledge of this plant or those who have a financial interest in such hype. ( ie. sellers of the clones )

There's a lot of hype surrounding these clone only strains. Then breeders spend ages trying to stabilise the strain and thus make shitloads of money.

I would still love to have access to these strains though, just to see how good they really are.

Also i wonder why Australia hasn't produced strains of our own as we have no doubt had some of the worlds best genetics here. What is it about the Yanks, Dutch Canadians etc that has led them to be world leaders in this field and not us. It must require a high degree of trading and co-operation ( seed and cut swaps etc).

Hype in america but will come our way for sure...

cant say ive grown any of these strains but have seen a few grow diaries using these strains.. A common problem i see in US is they make judgments on the strain from other peoples experiences and or mid grow before they have smoked the herb..

Cheese could be an exception looks like a very good hybrid low leaf and med size bud with an original smell and stone.

There many so called elite grows around that are far from . In OZ we have few breeders and the majority of growers arnt on the net so will be a while before where known for a certin strain or crosses of... But there are good clone strains around that have lasted the test of time and i think would compete weth a few of these elites..