Brainstorm: How can we push legalisation?

As for total legalisation I doubt we'll see it in my lifetime.

Not trying to dampen any enthusiasm, just being realistic.

Aust has many international obligations, this is a big hurdle for legalisation. Pity most of the treaties siqned were mainly written up to stop the spread of opium use and cannabis was just lumped in with it.

Medical use is actually written in as allowable if warranted.

Government will use reasoning such as cannabis use will put Oz at risk of loosing trade and investment from other countries.

Sadly you're probably right.. but that doesn't mean give up :peace:

Not to mention road safety.

And the fucking insurance companies have a lot to answer for too. Mining companies and other high risk employers get cheaper workplace insurance if they can show the workforce is supposedly drug free, once again it has fuck all to do with peoples health and safety and everything to do with saving/making money.

These type of parasites already have more than a foot in the door and any one working in major construction can look forward to random testing in the near future same as mining is now.

These cunts have more money than we do, they CANNOT be beaten head on,..... thats why we have to sneek up on them and out fumble them with the truth, imo.

Could take another generation yet? So we need to spread the truth now :peace:

Perversely this is where the new types of 'instant' drug testing can be used to help us... we need to force the issue of how much THC it takes to make a person "under the influence" once this can be established then the road/work safety issues are sorted easily... and it can be shown that 'zero tolerance' is way more expensive and does not increase safety.. we gotta think outside the box if we intend to make this happen.

Edited by DownUnderDoper

And another thing! while I'm on the soap box.

I started posting pics of my grows 5 year ago on the internet. I didn't join my first forum to have fun and meet interesting people :doh: (which is what has happened, hehe)

I joined because I wanted to say FUCK YOU :) to the system, and what a bloody excellent way to protest when you have no voice in society, than to show the whole fucking world, and so far get away with it :thumbsup:

My first grow diary here is a grow of bag seed. I could have popped some quality beans in, got plenty here, but for me it's got little to do with it, satisfaction comes from what I wrote above

Thank you to the providers of Oz Stoners. Much respect :)

Hear hear mate .. or fuckyeah even :)

As for the discussion , there's been some very interesting replies indeed lol

The truth IS being heard by many more that wouldn't have had a clue otherwise atm .. there is more and more positive discussion everyday in this moment ..

Money plays a part and we all know it .. but eventually there can be too many citizens to pay off ...

supposedly around 20% of Australians drink dangerous amounts of alcohol ... there is no dangerous amount of Cannabis as It's impossible to ingest that much .. (Need to eat about 8 1/2 Kilos of Pure THC??? lol lmfao)

It's that simple at least .. Alcohol , Tobacco and nearly all legal drugs are more damaging to personal health ... than Cannabis ...

Cannabis is thought to be on par with about the ASPIRIN level of dangerous drugs .. certainly Paracetamol is much more dangerous and can be easily fatal .. so can ASPIRIN .. but Cannabis has not one documented fatality .. again .. as we ALL know???

Myths and Mythconceptions ..

If you can still get the Audio in that thread (Few options) .. It's well worth Downloading (25mg) :)

I'm gonna copy it and give it to anyone I can on CD .. The modern science communtity has spoken ..

And ..

It's Alcohol not MJ that's the Problem ..

Along the same lines ..

Great threads and Thankyou guyz for posting them :)

Cheerz all :)

Budman

I still think the greatest impediment to law reform is the lack of a co-ordinated political movement. Elsewhere in the world e.g. Canada, certain states of America such as Alaska and California, Holland etc there is a co-ordinated movement for change. Here are a few individuals ( and i am not a good example) who put themselves at risk by questioning what is wrong. However no political party.

And don't forget we are morally right in our decision to choose to smoke cannabis. There are minimal risks in using cannabis and as adults we should all have the right to do what we want in the privacy of our homes as long as it doesn't involve violence. :thumbsup:

Fear of prosecution is still the greatest impediment freddie..

While people are still afraid of being busted, they will be reluctant to put their name & address on petitions, political party memberships etc

Only when enough people are willing to say 'fuck it.. I will take the risk' will there be enough bargaining power to force politicians to change the law.

the problem with cannabis activism is its a thankless job and the odds are against you, add to that the personal risk by making yourself a target for police and not many people want to do it.

but when you look at it, cannabis law reform in canada is going backwards. And recently they have allowed the US DEA to extradite a Canadian citizen Mark Emery for his business operations within Canada. :)

the problem with cannabis activism is its a thankless job and the odds are against you, add to that the personal risk by making yourself a target for police and not many people want to do it.

but when you look at it, cannabis law reform in canada is going backwards. And recently they have allowed the US DEA to extradite a Canadian citizen Mark Emery for his business operations within Canada. :)

Interesting that NORML doesn't seem to operate in Oz anymore. Do you think maybe after doing the exercise they came to the realisation that pot will never be fully legalised?

That's probably a pretty fair statement on Canadian law reform too from what information is available. Around 2003 things were looking very promising over there. I'd love to know what was said between the 2 governments, I'd bet that trade sanctions were talked unofficialy.

The fact that Emery was extradited sets a dangerous tone.

"Interesting that NORML doesn't seem to operate in Oz anymore. Do you think maybe after doing the exercise they came to the realisation that pot will never be fully legalised?"

I'd say so. The thing is I think marijuana activism is still valuable. We need to do everything we can to keep putting pressure on the polititions, police, and public opinion in general so that our persecution is minimised. Remember cannabis is still illegal in Holland, the only reason they have the open culture there is because prevailing public opinion changed in terms of how they wanted to treat the "crime" of smoking cannabis.

So when people decide they want to get into marijuana activism, they should go in with the realistic approach that they're not going to instigate any major changes that will see cannabis legalised in our lifetime, they are just part of the long hard process of trying to make at least one person understand the injustice of the laws and police attitudes we have to live with.

but if you go in with the idea that you're going to get cannabis legalised or decriminalised you're quickly going to lose heart and quit when you realise thats next to impossible. :)

I'd say so. The thing is I think marijuana activism is still valuable. We need to do everything we can to keep putting pressure on the polititions, police, and public opinion in general so that our persecution is minimised. Remember cannabis is still illegal in Holland, the only reason they have the open culture there is because prevailing public opinion changed in terms of how they wanted to treat the "crime" of smoking cannabis.

Yes I agree that changing the public perception of cannabis is the way to go.

The truth is our best weapon :)