Brainstorm: How can we push legalisation?

And you cant show your class and show you smoke too, we all no u will have ur respect stripped from you

Well the majority of people who are against marijuana are the ignorant ones. And the ignorant ones tend to be those easily swayed by people in power (government, celebrities etc).

So something that may have an effect is a massive campaign where you actively go out and find as many people of "stature" such as politicians, celebrities, scientists, business people etc. Have them form a giant committee of people for marijuana legalisation.

There would be a point though where you would need enough credible people involved to be effective (otherwise it could backfire and their reputations could be ruined).

As think how much something like that would break the stereotype. If we suddenly had all these scientists and successful people coming out and saying either they smoked marijuana, currently smoke it or simply support legalisation.

Economists could put together reports on the benefits of legalisation, scientists can put together credible findings, marketing experts could arrange campaigns to get the correct information out there.

Gotta love optimism :peace: .... but that could be one of the few things that could help.

The drug has become too stereotyped over the years for just one or two hippie-like figures to make a difference.

I wish Richard Branson would launch a campaign. He has publically mentioned he smokes and it hasn't affected business. And with the available cash, fame and success he has, he would be an ideal spokes-person.

DownUnderDoper using those government reports is something I have thought about too.

I thought of renting a stall or site somewhere VERY high profile and by saying as minimal as possible just present government endorsed (albeit biasly highlighted) information, try and sneek in through the back door so to speak,

Medical Cannabis is worth aiming for

The Dutch Model (which interestingly is still classed as prohibition) is also worth aiming for; where the cops have basically been instructed to chill out. This would allow Aust government to still comply with international treaties regarding the use/abuse of cannabis without waging war on society, regardless of any costs.

Aust government will have to be dragged kicking and screaming all the way though as this type of policy does not mesh with any of their pie in the sky wholesome 1950's ideoligies

SBS would take this up if enough info for a good segment was presented, possibly the ABC

Nine is running Weeds so who knows?

Peter Garrett, has he said anything on pot? He should do he sucked the guts out of a friends joint one night before he walked onstage

yeah I don't expect him to say anything.

I imagine he joined Labor thinking he'd have the most effective voice possible

but I see lots more of Bob Brown than Peter Garrett in the news

The only thing I can recall seeing his baldy head talking on was the Cronulla riots, I'm sure he must do more locally.

Bob Brown got thrown out of Parliment for telling George Bush a few home truths :xcited: and he's always on the front foot with plenty to say and gets the coverage, I reckon Garrett made a bad choice choosing Labor :thumbsup:

Nah i cant imagine garrett sticking his neck out over pot. I think i read once that he used to have long flowing hair in pre midnight oil days. I d like to see that. There must be heaps of movers and shakers with a pot past.

wholesome 1950's ideologies

This is what were up against. Howard is driven by this. He modeled himself on Menzies. I can thank Howard for making me interested in the debate again. You can take only so much of the shit.

and use public forums such as Letters to the Editor, TV shows like sunrise or today to publicly ask politicians why they are ignoring the advise of the very bodies that they pay to give them advice on cannabis

Great idea, and be informed. Hit them with facts every time you hear the misinformation.

No the only thing they see is MONEY so make it cost them a fortune to eradicate!!

Get seeds clones etc and plant them out bush everywhere let them seed and go wild!!

Words of Profound Wisdom

By Shithappens

From personal knowledge you can count on Garrett - he'll always let you down! He is a very small man of history.

Al Fish

Yeah well I was trying not to bag Garrett, but I agree he will be judged by his achievements or lack of.

As for total legalisation I doubt we'll see it in my lifetime.

Not trying to dampen any enthusiasm, just being realistic.

Aust has many international obligations, this is a big hurdle for legalisation. Pity most of the treaties siqned were mainly written up to stop the spread of opium use and cannabis was just lumped in with it.

Medical use is actually written in as allowable if warranted.

Government will use reasoning such as cannabis use will put Oz at risk of loosing trade and investment from other countries.

Not to mention road safety.

And the fucking insurance companies have a lot to answer for too. Mining companies and other high risk employers get cheaper workplace insurance if they can show the workforce is supposedly drug free, once again it has fuck all to do with peoples health and safety and everything to do with saving/making money.

These type of parasites already have more than a foot in the door and any one working in major construction can look forward to random testing in the near future same as mining is now.

These cunts have more money than we do, they CANNOT be beaten head on,..... thats why we have to sneek up on them and out fumble them with the truth, imo.

Could take another generation yet? So we need to spread the truth now :thumbsup:

And another thing! while I'm on the soap box.

I started posting pics of my grows 5 year ago on the internet. I didn't join my first forum to have fun and meet interesting people :xcited: (which is what has happened, hehe)

I joined because I wanted to say FUCK YOU :thumbsup: to the system, and what a bloody excellent way to protest when you have no voice in society, than to show the whole fucking world, and so far get away with it :toke:

My first grow diary here is a grow of bag seed. I could have popped some quality beans in, got plenty here, but for me it's got little to do with it, satisfaction comes from what I wrote above

Thank you to the providers of Oz Stoners. Much respect :toke: