Brainstorm: How can we push legalisation?

This may have been posted before, but oh well :toke:

Little background... I'm a noob smoker, only started recreational use a few months back (I'm 19). I was totally against marijuana use all the way up until a few months ago until a mate of mine slowly convinced me that it's mostly just propaganda. He pointed me to some websites (erowid, norml etc), I checked them out, had a look at some of the references and I was sold.

So now I'm in the same vote as most of you on here thinking whytfh is it illegal at all?

I've been checking out a lot of forums, blogs and other sites around the issue of legalisation. People seem to be doing some things to push the subject, but I get the feeling that it's not doing anything at all.

I think Australia is probably the most suited, developed country to start a domino effect for marijuana legalisation.

So let's brainstorm some big ideas on how we can get the law-makers to make some changes.

:peace:

Possible idea...

Do we have a Cannabis political party in Australia like they do in the US?

I noticed Kevin Rudd has been recently putting a lot of effort into announcing his religious beliefs, and specifically chasing religious votes after the Family First party snapped up a lot of them last elections. (which on an un-related note I think is stupid and religion and politics is dangerous shit)

But perhaps if a Cannabis party was setup and a well-thought campaign was run, if they secured a lot of votes then maybe the bigger parties might take a look at how they can please the Cannabis voters.

Hey treelovinhippie, I think i can answer a couple of questions. Its great that you want to change. All the best.

Do we have a Cannabis political party in Australia like they do in the US?

We used to have the marijuana party. We used to have a branch of NORML i think. I dont think either of these exist anymore.

I think Australia is probably the most suited, developed country to start a domino effect for marijuana legalisation.

I hope you're right but i think Australia has become much more conservative in the last 30 years. To my knowledge there are no political parties concerned with cannabis. I haven't heard of the cannabis party?? I'm not saying that a grass roots type movement cant effect change but Australia seems way behind other western countries such as Holland, Canada, England much of Europe and California in the USA. The Greens seem the most likely party to have pro cannabis policies. I hold out more hope for Labour than Liberal on the federal front. Some good potential ministers in Garret and Gillard at least.

There are some lone ranger type activists on the cannabis front in Australia, but no co-ordinated movement. The hemp embassy exists in Nimbin but growers cant even agree on the hydro/organic debate.I dont mean to dampen your enthusiasm just pointing out some stuff. The best thing you can do is to be informed about both sides of the debate.

The Greens stated policy in the short term does include medicinal cannabis law reform, whether the tree huggers word is any more trustworthy than any of the others, I can only hope so.

http://greens.org.au/policies/services/dru...chterm=cannabis

I would suggest the best thing we could do as a "movement" is to use Govt reports such as

this http://www.health.gov.au/internet/wcms/pub...is-cannabis.htm (thanks Bufo)

and this

http://www.mhca.org.au/documents/MHCACannabisfinalLR.pdf (thanks mullaway)

and this

http://adca.org.au/policy/policy_positions...is_31.10.03.pdf (found that myself :peace: )

and use public forums such as Letters to the Editor, TV shows like sunrise or today to publicly ask politicians why they are ignoring the advise of the very bodies that they pay to give them advice on cannabis

The only way this will become an issue with enough political magnitude to persuade the major parties is to publicize it enough for non-smokers to take an interest, in how much damage is being done and how much tax payers money is being wasted on prohibition, and how prohibition is causing more damage than it is saving... only when the majority of voters are asking these questions will the politicians be forced to change the status quo

:toke: No the only thing they see is MONEY so make it cost them a fortune to eradicate!!

Get seeds clones etc and plant them out bush everywhere let them seed and go wild!!

That will cost them a fortune to eradicate and clear. Plant them in old laddies gardens parks forests or river edges but they need to be everywhere and plentiful in numbers (As kids will pick and smoke near anything green...:peace:)

After several lengthy eradication plans and debts to council state and national goverments depending on where they are planted the people in charge of them finances are gunna ask for more to cover this cost. And they will raise eyebrows in asking for more.

:peace: No the only thing they see is MONEY so make it cost them a fortune to eradicate!!

Get seeds clones etc and plant them out bush everywhere let them seed and go wild!!

That will cost them a fortune to eradicate and clear. Plant them in old laddies gardens parks forests or river edges but they need to be everywhere and plentiful in numbers (As kids will pick and smoke near anything green...:toke:)

After several lengthy eradication plans and debts to council state and national goverments depending on where they are planted the people in charge of them finances are gunna ask for more to cover this cost. And they will raise eyebrows in asking for more.

I did mention the money side.. but hey.. making prohibition cost even more has to be a good thing right? lol

Weed is for Niggers or low class people.. That is the general mentality of the last 100 years..

You see that more so with post british india.. where mj/hemp prior to the propg.war was seen as useful native tool

We all no gov dont like or care what Low class people think..

And you cant show your class and show you smoke too, we all no u will have ur respect stripped from you