If ignorance is the problem!

Umm, the idea of having a $200 a year license is so you are a registered personal grower with say the permission to grow up to six plants at a time, and if people were caught growing without a license or commercial quantity without being allowed to do so. Face the similar fines that we currently have. I'd imagine they'd be quite a few responsible adult growers that would consider doing this. Just to avoid possibility of being harassed by government authorities.

Also, it's not about the government making shitloads of money, they have that option with industrial hemp if they desired. Also, who the hell would choose to buy government grown/supplied recreational/medical MJ when they could be growing strains of their choice. The reason i attempted to grow my own was so i could avoid the criminal element of MJ and i knew what chemicals/methods were used to grow it.

I'd imagine many wouldn't share the same view as me, that i have no hassles about, each to their own. Because i'd know i could fit within these boundaries as i'd be a responsible grower that chooses quality over quantity anyday.

Bah, bugga what other countries do. Imagine if our government supplied our grog to us, there'd be a bunch of cranky drunks everywhere for a while. :whistle: If you want something done right, ya gotta do it yaself. :peace:

EDIT: The reason the license idea seems logical to me. Is like everything else in the country, you gotta have a license for Cars, Boats, Planes, Firearms, commercial fishing and so on. We have to have a license for them because they have the potential to be deadly or do damage to the environment. Not that i can see any grow room doing any direct harm to either of these. But as you say Ruen, it still needs to be regulated. Especially in in this political correct society we have nowadays.

But yeah, pretty strange how two of the largest countries amongst the Commonwealth have something in the pipeline (UK and Canada) in regards to reform. But here we are in Oz, with our pollies sitting on their hands, doing bugga all about it. :scratchin:

its only like 2 guys to the best of my knowledge.

if britain does squat(which they wont) the government will investigate the idea of implimenting similar reforms here.

it would be the only good thing they did

like beatie did atleast one good thing and that was the tobaco laws

supporting drug law reform killed the greens in the last federal election. It is clearly a vote loser so watch for it to be pushed right to the back of their agenda if not forgotten altogether.

The only chance we have of drug law reform is to make the issue into a vote winner. How we do that I have no idea. :scratchin:

Hey some interesting discussion going on here :scratchin:

Indycar man, gotta just run something by ya. You said you were right against the folks that use cannabis in front of their kids. Whether I agree or not isn't important. What is legal and not considered ignorant, is to socially take the drug alcohol, in front of any child. Can scoof down grog and nicotine and wake up to a hit of caffiene. Legally administering each drug into your body, right in front of the children.

And the difference??

:whistle:

obviously smoking in any form in the same room as kids is not good just because they inhale the 2nd hand smoke. ciggies are probably worse than pot.

the main reason I don't smoke in front of kids is because you don't know who they are going to tell about it. but I guess if it were legal I wouldn't have to worry about that. anyway I still wouldn't do it as I don't want to be responsible for putting smoke in any kids lungs. :scratchin: