If ignorance is the problem!

websites are useless. there is a website on just about every opinion there is. If its possible to have an opinion on an issue, you can bet someone has put up a website about it.

If an intelligent, free thinking person wanted to know the truth behind the cannabis laws it wouldn't take them long to figure it out. The problem we are faced with is that most people aren't intelligent free thinkers. And unfortunately pointing them to a website isn't going to change that. B)

most people think they know the truth if we do a small step by step thing that could be spread over decades to make them understand.

say we published an article about one the the industrial uses and kept talking about un-smokeable low THC hemp we are putting in very little that they will reject from their prior prejudices and help open their mind to more widespread uses at a later date

If an intelligent, free thinking person wanted to know the truth behind the cannabis laws it wouldn't take them long to figure it out. The problem we are faced with is that most people aren't intelligent free thinkers.

This i don't doubt. It's becoming more evident as time goes on, and yes there are shedloads of websites out there with various opinions. That's the biggest mistake a lot of MJ sites out their make. Unfortunately, the authors tend to stray from the facts and let their opinions take over. Not just websites either, i would'nt mind betting that 90% of information in all forms (videos, books, etc...) out there has a twist of opinion to the facts.

I know myself, if i'm flicking thru some of these sources, as soon as an opinion comes into it, i pretty well tune out straight away, like i'd imagine most do. If there was a basic website that stuck to the facts while not allowing an opinion come into. It would possibly clear the first stumbling block, and if it followed up to a few facts in a short summary (in layman's terms). Then provided, information (links) from independent and government studies. It might possibly encourage the punter to think for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying websites are be all and end all. Just a affordable grass roots level to launch from for those who may want to acquire more information for themselves. After all, the net is how i've gained most of my knowledge on this subject so far.

B)

Agreed, we need to stick to verfiable, published facts and research. I think it's a great idea, but it would have significantly more weight if there were entities behind it - registered associations, businesses and organisations who are respected and are willing to put their name down and be counted.

e.g. Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, various medical marijuana groups, well known celebrities and Politicians, economists, QCs and Judges, Dept of Health, the AMA (well they *used* to support us), and other groups.

The message needs to be accurate and factual, it's got to stop people in their tracks and make them think about the issue. e.g. the financial impact - prohibiting cannabis costs $X but did you know that strict regulation for adults would being in $Y billions and result in less use by minors, less wasted taxpayers dollars enforcing an unpopular law etc. etc.

So, what's our message? There are many - we could draft some focused on industrial hemp, medical use, recreational use, legal regulation vs. cost of prohibition, actual harm etc. etc.

:toke:

I'd say It will always be beyond a joke ...

The best thing is just being a decent person whilst also not shying away from public opinion/ridicule ...

I am not ashamed of smokin a bit of MJ ... I cast shame apon those who say its wrong with no reasonable argument to back it up :toke:

Maybe Public protest , banners , pamphlets and and advertising can make some difference .. but first the Politics need to change ..

Writing well thought out letters to the appropriate establishments is the way to go ... I can't be bothered tho :toke:

If we have the Email addresses of the big cheeses who oppose whats right .. why don't we just flood them with reasonable and unreasonable messages?? ..

We could pick one pollie that is ignorant towards decency and all have our comments saved and all send them at the same (previously allocated) time ...

What effect would this have?? :smoke: No really , I'd like to know ... I think It's a good idea ..

Anywayz , what were we talkin bout? lol

Budman :bleh:

people believe what they believe, and often their beliefs have little to do with information or facts, so the mere presentation of facts is not going to change their minds. Especially when government agencies are continuously producing "facts" which "prove" that cannabis is a dangerous drug.

How are people meant to pick between these two sets of facts? What will make them side with us?

What will make them even care about this issue at all? :smoke:

Edited by pipeman