What light is this? MH? HPS? or?

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Thanks once again to everyone for your help :thumbdown:

I like your attitude Farang :peace: All that bullshit written in your first post and your saying thanks!!

Its not often like that round here, which is one of the good things about Ozstoners, its all about cannabis and not personal vendettas.

Anyway, a 400W HPS is a good light for a first off personal grower and you can get some flouros pretty cheap so that would be a good start.

Have you got any ideas about media, system etc? Any seeds?

Keep It Simple Stoner!!!

:wacko:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I took the plastic casing of today and its a 250W Mercury Vapor.

I am going to start my plants of under some fluros instead then buy a 400w HPS.

Thanks once again to everyone for your help

im surprised the base looks big for the oughter glass and being a 250w there is a MV that can run MH aswell if u want post up all the info on the ballast it might still be usable :wacko: all i can say is good on those for trying to help this guy out in the end your "thoughts" were correct with this light being a 250w MV goes to show u dont need 2 years experience as an electrician to figure out a light from a picture :thumbdown:

Hi Again

silent-toker: I am thinking i will do a small bubbler setup for 4 plants, i think it would be alot better to start with clones but i am going to just start with seeds and then hopefully get some clones for next time. I think i am just going to start off with some bag seed as i don't really want to order seeds from overseas. My grow space is about 2m x 1.2m x 1m, I am just looking to do a small grow as growing hydroponic weed is always something i wanted to learn :thumbdown:

Gazza2001au: Thanks for your offer of help but i think i am just going to scrap that idea of using that light and get a decent light as that thing is probably more trouble then its worth :wacko:

interesting thread and an interesting read guys!

tt can you explain to us non-electricians how does 3 phase power work? i have never looked into it, but my friend has a generator which operates a large 3 phase concrete grinder and he also runs single phase tools with it. i said how can you do that? he said you can run single phase appliances on a single phase of 3 phase? please explain????

Ok, nobody put two phases, to any of their lights. Just hold up now :wacko:

KL his gennie can supply the grinder with 3 phase 415v, and single phase 240v. It's best to balance single phase loads evenly across the phases tho, which is getting complicated.

The gennie supplies 415v potential between any combination of two, of the 3 actives supplied. Also there is a 240v potential dif between any one of the 3 active conductors, and neutral. Same potential again to earth.

Safety first, get the guy to do it fellas :peace:

How'd I go hashmaker?? :thumbdown:

Ok, nobody put two phases, to any of their lights. Just hold up now :toke:

KL his gennie can supply the grinder with 3 phase 415v, and single phase 240v. It's best to balance single phase loads evenly across the phases tho, which is getting complicated.

The gennie supplies 415v potential between any combination of two, of the 3 actives supplied. Also there is a 240v potential dif between any one of the 3 active conductors, and neutral. Same potential again to earth.

Safety first, get the guy to do it fellas :ack:

How'd I go hashmaker?? :thumbdown:

thats spot on mull....

what sometimes happens is people think you can wire 3 wires e.g same phase , together.. but this will not work due to them being out of balance.. E.G as one phase rise another is collabsing and the 3rd is staring again this is what 3 phase is . thats what they call in balance.. this is not uncommon for this to happen and in most cases the person doing it dies doing it takeing all 600v...two phase is the same but only with two phases in balance 400v and single is 240v and for some dumb reason people think by put 3 of these together you get 3 phase all with the same balance..

but hay if some idiots think they know more they are more than welcome to try do this..and yes once you have learned about elec you get alot more respect for it and approach with alot more caution with it .. it may take some more time but at least you will be alive to see what your doing going...I have never condon poeple posting elec work on how to do it here or anywhere..if im wrong for this then im sorry but i think poeple should not play with this . as a ballast is basicly a small transfer that increases your voltage this is what you can see outside your house and even where the lines are reduceing the voltage ..this stuff can kill ya in a sec ..

and gazza if i rember right i told you that your fan was not a two stage fan first off but you said it was so i told you how to do it , thats why it would not work but if i also rember right you never tryed doing it..funny that so al it seems is that you are trying to sore points but hay thats fine as i not think that much of you anyway so i hope you do some of your wiring fuckups that i have seen you say that your going to do its olny a matter of time and you will fuck up ..trust me on that no one should listen or take advise from you you dont know what your doing so our the fuck can you tellpoeple what to do when it comes to this.?

and shit as i said the other night i was never having a go at ya go back and read what is said , i put your name there as it was your info so fuck and do some wiring plaese.

im not even going to bother anymore with this and to be honest im sick of small minded dropouts like gazza and yourself here. who just want to tear in to poeple and be a asshole to everyone ....so in one word get fucked your both assholes!

tt (out for good) :wacko: :peace: :peace: