What light is this? MH? HPS? or?

i would take it down to ya local electritian and get them to sus it out tell them that its ya workshop light and they will tell ya straight away

cheerz :Dj:

Hi and welcome to the site .......

first thing this should be the only advise that you should listen to well done stoney this was top adivse.....

i have trained at elec work for two years now and from those photos you could not tell a fucking thing at what this light is people who have said what they think it is should be a shamed of what they have said.. due to the fact they dont know what they are talking about and drawing their thoughts on what it looks like..if this is 400v light will be no good for ya due to the fact you will need two phase power, and please dont fuck around with it 230/ 240w will kill ya let alone 400v...you will be toast man in a sec... :peace:

please do not fuck around with this take it done and let some one tell you what it is , as i said if its a 400v light its no good to ya man .. and your better off a live with no light than dead. :thumbdown:

(Shithappens) which has

General Electric Model no. 35-212622-01 Lights

400 lamp watts, start at 1.4 amps, run at 1.2 amps, 480 volts, optical assembly cat no, L4MD-AD, , item no. eri3337 /YD

i could not tell a thing about this light so please get it cheeked out... :wacko:

tt :toke: :peace:

TT you have me for one wrong!!

I don't condone anyone with a will to live to try and fire up an unknown light fitting I was just providing information as to the details about it and Obviously to anyone that reads them details from 2 year experts to complete novices that it aint a 240V appliance.

What information I provided was due to a search I did for myself a few months ago concerning some lighting fixtures that I was offered and also found to be 3-Phase lighting unsuitable to my needs.

Why I posted the information was to show what I had found so easily with the use of Google

i could not tell a thing about this light

:thumbdown: Sorry man maybe you need to return and do a bit more study!!! :wacko:

It is Obviously not 240V for home circuits so shouldnt be used and If anyone has 3-phase around there grow then they wont be stupid enough to wire up there own appliances and lighting

TT you have me for one wrong!!

I don't condone anyone with a will to live to try and fire up an unknown light fitting I was just providing information as to the details about it and Obviously to anyone that reads them details from 2 year experts to complete novices that it aint a 240V appliance.

What information I provided was due to a search I did for myself a few months ago concerning some lighting fixtures that I was offered and also found to be 3-Phase lighting unsuitable to my needs.

Why I posted the information was to show what I had found so easily with the use of Google

:thumbdown: Sorry man maybe you need to return and do a bit more study!!! :wacko:

It is Obviously not 240V for home circuits so shouldnt be used and If anyone has 3-phase around there grow then they wont be stupid enough to wire up there own appliances and lighting

inteed shit you must have me wrong no were did i say your name , i belive i said eveyone..in fact i used your info on the fact that you did the reaseach and all ready had it their that is why i put your name their and the info that YOU found, thats all... :peace: :peace:

but to say i need to do more study , ya right man all this shows is how little you know about this. Because 1 two phase wireing can be found in homes in fact you also can found three phase as well , this shows how little you know and how much reaseach you have done. so sit down and learn a few things before you month off... also did you know it is not uncomon to find poeple who think they can wire up two or three phase and then try to plug it in this is what i was getting at ,not you!!! And yes there is some very stupid poeple out there who think they know what they are doing and end up killing them selfs with doing so , there are many dead poeple that do their own lights and appliances.. :toke:

SO BEFORE YOU HAVE A GO AT ME READ WHAT I HAVE SAID, AND YOU WILL SEE I ONLY USED YOUR INFO.. :ack:

so please get it right next time.. :)

tt :ack:

HAHAHAHHA !!!!!

Sorry If I took you wrong as I read the following even re-read it before posting this :thumbdown:

you could not tell a fucking thing at what this light is people who have said what they think it is should be a shamed of what they have said

this being just after me where I quoted the likelihood of the casing being different for the matching model number that I found compared to similiar different model versions in the link I provided.

Sue me for grouping both 2 and 3 Phase into one collective of 3 phase such a minor thing with both being NON-STANDARD house hold wiring (I dare not edit it ....:wacko:)

Any idiots that purchase plugs for 2 or 3 Phase wiring and DIY should be shot before they try to.

Its all In the name Shithappens GET OVER IT !!! hahhahahah

TT are u having another bad hair day? u made no fuckin sence to me! no where in this thread did any one tell him "plug it in give it a try" "try wiring it up at most u can only blow it up" "maybe electrocute your self but you'll be ok" ffs all we were doing is giving the guy an IDEA u understand? on what light he has and if u didnt have a 5second memory like a gold fish u would have looked back to page 1 first post he abvously has had the light pluged in and running it doesnt take a asronaut to read the printing on the ballast once the cover is off if u think it does u need to go back to tafe the ballast WILL give him the wattage,lamp type,and voltage how simple is that? or auctually how hard i should say :thumbdown: i have pulled u up once before about this shit we are here to help to the best of our knowledge and recive help when needed

on what light he has and if u didnt have a 5second memory like a gold fish u would have looked back to page 1 first post he abvously has had the light pluged in and running it doesnt take a asronaut to read the printing on the ballast once the cover is off if u think it does u need to go back to tafe the ballast WILL give him the wattage,lamp type,and voltage how simple is that? or auctually how hard i should say :peace: i have pulled u up once before about this shit we are here to help to the best of our knowledge and recive help when needed

:toke: gazza where does anyone here before i said anything said take the cover off and look..not one of you you all said what you think it was there just about a diff anwer for every one of you...

gazza i think you need to learn how to put a line to getther before telling me you have pulled me up ...:ack: your a fool who im taking about that does his own wiring its only time before you kill yourself because i not going to tell you how to do anything again ..what was your last elec question you had something to do with some fan? which you thought you could do something way wrong with in anycase gazza where do you get your exp from with elec? :) :thumbdown: evrytime you have needed help with something and got your shit wrong ..

you have never pulled me up on anything in your dreams fool your boring :wacko: :peace: and just so full of shit...:ack:

now (shithappens) go read again man with no smoke in ya!!!you just dont get the point fool , let me tell you some fools like gazza and im soon going to put you in the some place. try to put 3 phase in to work together with out knowing that it will not work E.G THE SOME PHASE WITH 3 DIFF WIRES. understand that and get that thru your thick head!!! so shit does happens and your full of it! so your name is very fitting i think..you just dont get the fucking point!! or the understanding of elec and the rules of it..

give it up fool !!

tt

TT i have never takin any of your advice and never will simple that fan i had only had one speed no matter how it was wired by the sounds of it u havent read that thread either :thumbdown: and i will say it again the guy bought this light from a auction took it home turned it on at his house? as in the picture so where do u get this industral power from?i am no expert but our power plugs for industral use have a bigger earth tab that will not fit in a standard power point and u have just tossed a wire in the works when it wasnt needed had u reread and look at the pictures in post #1 by the way im not ashamed of my post why should i be? if u cant take a simple cover off u shouldnt even be touching a light some hydro lights come with removable covers to access fuses :wacko: thats like getting a electrician out to your house to change a blown light globe i didnt ask him to undo any wires so there is no harm

btw my reply is in reguards to this as i was one of the people u were talking about :peace:

i have trained at elec work for two years now and from those photos you could not tell a fucking thing at what this light is people who have said what they think it is should be a shamed of what they have said.. due to the fact they dont know what they are talking about and drawing their thoughts on what it looks like..if this is 400v light will be no good for ya due to the fact you will need two phase power, and please dont fuck around with it 230/ 240w will kill ya let alone 400v...you will be toast man in a sec...