hey boxer. know it well. those snakes would most likely be blacks. seen em do it before. they would have been tearing one off. not a real lot of chance of stumbling on them doing that again real soon. fuck the snakes. its the one you don't see thats the tricky one. i stepped over a death adder last season. did'nt see it till i looked back.. i shat.

It's important to also reccognise that you are growing in their environment so really they have more a right to mate there than you do to grow

the snakes would be happy to share the space with you without incident provided you take precaution and don't disturb them show so return the curticy and you will find yourself with nothing more than a couple of good pest killers

Snakes have just come out of months of hibernation, they are hungry and in a bad mood so keep away from them ... chances are you may never see them again yet they will always be there somewhere

generally snakes are more frightened of you and they usually hear you coming and move away, unless they are pre-occupied with mating rituals... so make plenty of noise as you go to youre plants

no load to carry a wide piece of cotton bandage use as tourniquet, and mobile phone though lol

:doh:

i was gonna sugest you buy boots

always protect your legs

some good advice there :peace:

And apart from being hungry when they come out (now) the males are also fighting each other to mate. After a few weeks they'll settle down, and then the most dangerous time is only early morning or late PM when theyre warming up for te morning or nights hunt - they just lie there and it's easy to tread on em.

During the day u probably wont see them, but if u do theyll be full of pep and will piss off at 100mph as soon as they feel your vibrations, so just kick a few leaves twigs etc as u walk, and always watch the ground 1m ahead, no further or you'll miss em. Down here theres tons of dugites and tigers and I always carry a stick to prod the bush

dont worry about it tho, once u know and get used to it theyre no probs at all. (they keep away bushwalkers/ tourists as well, bless em lol )

Keep your eyes open when you go to yur spot or anywhere in the bush, leave them alone and they will probaly leave you alone. If you manage to get on the wrong side of a snake (something i wouldn't recomend as there is a good reason people are afraid of them, if you are on a push bike, you can kiss your arse goodbye so don't muck with them) try heading uphill, they are fast but not as fast uphill, pass them on the uphill side and leave them alone.

another thing i forgot to mention is to, maybe, carry a small knife

while this may not seem smart, if you get bit you can use it to cut across the bite. problem is you have to cut deep

if your lucky the cut will be deep enough so that at least some of the venom is carried out in the rush of blood

fuck you guys talk about this as if its nothing , she the thought puts the shits up me . let alone thing about looking 1 meter ahead and cuting yourself ...You guys can keep your snakes , if i was you i would just grow indoors fuck that. they might kill ya..but pure was right in saying your in their home , so they do have more right to be their than us...i tell you what you might have the best two watch snakes in the bush looking after your plants.... because whill they are there no one else will come near your plants ... so may you should take them a snack as payment for them ...:peace:

tt

The thing is TT, snakes are relatively harmless unless you provoke them first.

Snakes dont bother me in the least, I grew up in the bush. Give em their room and they'll be fine. If you find one where you are going, go somewhere else for 10 mins, chances are it wont be there when you get back.

People have given this advice already though, so I'll shutup :doh:

:peace: