hey gazza

can u tell a bit more on the light mover

as i got 1 and dont use it

peace

2 x 400 v 1 x 600

alweays go the 2 x 400 over 1 single output of light

peace again

billo

if u wanna get rid of it and everest dont want it let me know ill take it :scratchin: as for using the light mover it can travel a good length accross a area using less lights but still covering the same floor space meaning less heat less electricity used with pretty much the same yelds theres 4 types of light moves 3 types are pretty much the same on a single 2.1m rail it travels back and forth the difference is in the motor #1 will just travel back and forward #2 has time delay so when the motor reaches the ends the motor stalls for 30seconds this type is good for running 1 light along the whole 2.1m of rail #3 is the same as #2 but it had a turn knob to adjust the time delay so u can have a even canopy by tinkering with the amount of time it "stalls" the #4 type is a suncircle can run anything from 2 to 4-5 lights it basicly just sits smack bang in the middle of the roof and spins around in circles as u didnt mention what model u have i cant help ya much more Edited by Gazza2001au

Mongy, it seems we are the only 2 that arent fuckin trippin....

heres a link to my wardrobe ..

My wardrobe...same size 1.2x.6

which by some stupid coincidence is the same size as this grow... 1.2mx.6m... again in feet... 4x2.. which gives you an 8 square foot growing area... devide that into 400 and you get 50watts per foot of light... like I said, fuckin plenty... MJ grows sufficiently with 25-30watts per foot... I certanly wouldnt be going and putting 2 400's in that same space... like I said even 1 600 is over kill... better to use 2 wardrobes the same size with 1 400 in each...

my main room is ..in feet... 4x8.. gives me 32 square feet... I have 2 600's this works out to about 38watts per foot.. plenty...

..SSkunk

what sukonmiskunk is saying is although with some heavy duty ventilation you can fit 2 x 400 watters in a 1200x600 space they would yield much more if you gave each light its own space that size.

gaz you keep focusing on yield per square foot but if space is not a limiting factor yield per area is irrelavent. you simply use as much space as you need to use to gain maximum yield from your lights. if however there is some reason you are very restricted in your space you might consider beefing up the lighting and ventilation to increase yields, but the point ss is making is that this is the less efficient way to increase yields because power to run lights costs money and space is free.

you are not really disagreeing with each other just arguing from different standpoints. gaz wants to maximise yield from his specific space and sukonmiskunk wants to maximise the yield from the light wattage he's paying for.

It just depends on what your limiting factor is, space or wattage. :scratchin:

what I am saying is.. growing indoors all comes down to efficiency... the amount of lights you run all costs money.. the amount of time you veg for all costs money.. theres absolutely NO way to cut costs through the flowering cycle.. plants take as long as they take... you can however cut cost on the grow cycle... I plant might take 4 weeks to fill the same space as 4 plants will fill in a week.. saving 3 weeks .. on the grow cycle... thats about 120 hours less light usage.. saving a fair bit of money and power... from this space you will yield about 8 ounces.. 10 on a good grow... by adding another light might get you an extra 2-3 ounces of yield... so lets say 14 ounces ...

ok, say for arguements sake a 400watt setup costs $300 for the grow... 200 for the light and 100 for nutes... you yield 10 ounces from your grow.. .. now consider this.. add another light adds $200 to the cost of the grow.. you get an extra 4 ounces.. pretty fuckin good... so you got 14 ounces... but the grow has now cost $500... still all in all a pretty good grow... how ever.. you take that extra 400 and set up in another wardrobe cuz your pretty happy with your 10 ounces from you little grow... now another wardrobe is going to cost an extra $100 for extra nutes... you get 10 ounces from each grow giving you 20 ounces instead of 14...

.. what would you rather??? 14 ounces.. or 20??? .. oh not to mention you could alternate both grows so you harvest evey 4-5 weeks...