400w V 600w

Alot of you have seen my grows, a 1 plant box (if not follow the gallery link at the bottom)

I currently use 1x 400w hps

My next box will be a 2 planter............woah !!!! extending the system :xcited:

I can either run:

1 x 400w

2x 400w

1x 600w

I scrog................

so total screen dimentions will be 1200mm x 600mm

what are your thoughts.

Im not sure on what to buy...........:yahoo:

1200x600 scrogged use 2x 400's buds will be hit by two directions of light, they'll be closer to each lamp, it will be a better distribution of light evenly over the canopy increasing ur yeld greatly over the single 600w but if u can put the single 600w on a light mover would be best option light movers increase the yeld 20% if moved one shade length :xcited:

mate, you cunts are trippin....

a 1.2m x .6m room.. 2 400s would be too hot in there.. even the 600 would be over kill... this size room is perfect for just one 400 mate...

2 400's will do a space about 1mx2m quite sufficiently... or 1 1mx1m

2 600's will do a space about 1.2mx2.4m quite sufficiently

1 1000's will do a space 1.5x 3m quite sufficiently...

my wardrobe is the same size.. I got 1 400 in there and it produces great heads... 2 would burn the plants with the heat... too much.. even a single 600 is too much.. thats why I got the 400 there...

MJ grows quite well with about 25-30 watts per square foot... a room this size would be pushing about 40watts per foot.. which is plenty... I wouldnt be going over 60 watts per foot...80watts per foot is a massive over kill.. not saying it wont work.. just not necessary.. the ventalation system would need to be pretty good to keep the heat down... and really the extra light aint going to get you twice the yield... so it aint gonna be a very efficient grow.. is it... think about it... this size room you might push 10 ounces max.. adding another light might get you a couple more ounces.. personally Id set up 2 wardrobes .. with a 400 in each....

SSkunk...

PS... if any one has a wardrobe this size with 2 400's Id like to see it...

SS i use 2x600's my growing space is about 5 foot wide tell me im tripping :scratchin: a 400w horizontal or even chinaman hat will not cover 1.2m esp a SCROG in horozontal position it bairly covers 2.5 foot on the light meter chinaman hat bairly covers the 3 foot in the corners its not about temprature and how hot the grow space gets thats up to you to control but the plants need X amount of light to grow propperly weather its freezing or boiling hot ive found with the 400's when u strech them over the 2.5-3 foot mark the growth is fuckin slow as and very spindly with the 600's u can strech alot past the reccomended 4 foot with considerable good growth but i still reckon he should use 2x400's and do what ever he needs to control heat during summer we ALL need to do something to control our enviroment as a single 400 or single 600 will be 6inch from the tops below the lamp and 2 foot away from the tops on the edge of the SCROG meaning reduced yeld but why would u wanna reduce ur light numbers to reduce the heat to reduce the yeld i say fuck it go all out and just control the heat i to have thought about backing down to one lamp because of heat but that will mean reduced yeld so im taking other options into account ie light movers,cooling devices etc...

cranky just run a search for light movers :peace:

SS i use 2x600's my growing space is about 5 foot wide tell me im tripping :peace: a 400w horizontal or even chinaman hat will not cover 1.2m esp a SCROG in horozontal position it bairly covers 2.5 foot on the light meter chinaman hat bairly covers the 3 foot in the corners its not about temprature and how hot the grow space gets thats up to you to control but the plants need X amount of light to grow propperly weather its freezing or boiling hot ive found with the 400's when u strech them over the 2.5-3 foot mark the growth is fuckin slow as and very spindly with the 600's u can strech alot past the reccomended 4 foot with considerable good growth but i still reckon he should use 2x400's and do what ever he needs to control heat during summer we ALL need to do something to control our enviroment as a single 400 or single 600 will be 6inch from the tops below the lamp and 2 foot away from the tops on the edge of the SCROG meaning reduced yeld but why would u wanna reduce ur light numbers to reduce the heat to reduce the yeld i say fuck it go all out and just control the heat i to have thought about backing down to one lamp because of heat but that will mean reduced yeld so im taking other options into account ie light movers,cooling devices etc...

cranky just run a search for light movers :scratchin:

i must say there is a odd time when i have to agree with gazza...and this is one of those times..why reduce light when all you have to do is control the heat...good advise gazza.. :peace:

tt