SCROG in large area?

Hi peepz.

I've got 2 3x2m rooms that I will be flowering in (DWC) and was wondering if there's any point in growing SCROG style, or if trees will be just as productive? There's about 7 foot to the ceiling, so height isn't too much of an issue. Lights will be horizontally mounted, 2400W per room, and was hoping for 12 plants per room. Does this sound about right, or am I cramping them a bit much? Strain will be Celtic Stone, if that helps. If I was to scrog, it would be like the tutorial with a screen integrated into each bucket, so it wouldn't be too much trouble moving plants to get to each one... What do you guys think?

Cheers for the help!

g'day acidphiend

i dont see why a large area scrog wont work...

but for my 2 cents, i think you have hit the nail on the head. i reckon having the screen attached to the bucket rather than the walls of the room is the way to go.

this makes the plants moveable for maintenance without too much bother. whereas if the screen is attached to the room, the plants are locked in to the space once they have grown through the screen a bit.

give it a whirl mate, and take lots of pics :applause:

:thumbsup:

scrog in big rooms works a treat. i've done 2.2 x 2.2 mt scrog and 2.7 x 2.2 mt scrog.

i dont scrog the whole room into the walls. i leave a foot around the whole perimeter. and have posts on all 4 corners and in the middle of each side and the centre of the room. and run the plastic nets from these poles. that way i can access around the big area to train the tops to cover the whole screen in a nice flat spread before goinig 12/12. scrog will beat trees in this way in my experience.

in terms of how many plants. the main difference ive found is teh more plants u have the less time you need to veg to fill the screen. this is the key, you want ot have the screen full to max potential. ive tried 12 vs 6 plants in the same 2.2 x 2.2 area. get the same yield in both scenarios provided the screen is full. only difference is it takes longer to fill with 6 of course.

good luck.