Scrog Help Wanted

Theres two main methods for scrog training. One is to have you plants growing under the mesh so that every time a new shoot pops up you tuck it under and create an additional potential flowering site. Then you switch to 12/12 and allow them to stretch above the mesh and hopfully if you have done it right then if your using 4 inch mesh it will be one flowering site per mesh hole = a truck load of buds and plants that are about a foot above your screen. This method either needs you to know how far your plants stretch or use a second mesh layer to hold your buds up...coz its a right PAI to tie up each one in a big setup

Second is to string em under the mesh, turn em 12/12 and hit em with a suitable growth retardant when they are the right height..say 1 foot high depending on which light you are using.

I dont pull them over the mesh...I tuck em under...they are usually very flexable this way

Also I have seen others training hardcore from when their clones have rooted and it takes longer for them to do this. To circumvent this Id try to keep the branches growing at a 45 degree angle and allow the light to penetrate into the middle of the plant promoting new growth. Till they hit the screen

Just my thoughts...

now as the main stem is growing straight up, the secondary growth, lower down the main stem, is growing out at an angle from the main stem, thus taking the shortcut if u like, as opposed to the main stem which has grown straight up, followed by a 90 deg bend (thru the screen) then horizontal growth along the screen. this means that the secondary growth hits the screen at a similiar point that the main stem has reached, thus ensuring all stems propogate thru the screen at a similar rate.

Hey jag,

That was a really good description - very clear.

I am about to start my first grow of White Russian and Celtic Stone and I am going to scrog them.

How many times do you top them when you do it?

Jimbo :P B)

Yeah kinking or breaking the hurd is a great way to get the plants to branch. If you've got nimble fingers you can also tie the tip back on itself until the shoots below it start to take off, then untie it and it will recover. I have a scrog going at the moment jimbo if you want to have a look and ask some questions your welcome

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=14630