Scrog Help Wanted

hey closet grower...

i don't have a guide to scrog as such, but have done a couple of grows with it.

what exactly do you want to know?

i just grow the plants into my screen, weave the individual stems thru the mesh as they grow, then flip them to 12/12 when the screen is approx 70% full. (tipping is optional)

if i can answer anything more specific, i would be happy to oblige

:)

i never tipped mine

u will be suprised at the growth rate and when u get the auxins spead level under the screen shoots everywhere

iwouldnt have growth at that hieght

id make sure the screen was even ,flat canopy, prior to 12/12

once flowering commences u want growth to be even and have some light penetration

hope i havent sconfused u

peace

bpa

How long should the shoots be coming through the screen ? Does it matter if each one is say,,, 8-10 inches high , or should they be smaller ?

Would it be safe to tip the plant and only have 4-6 main arms to weave through the screen ?

hey closet grower

"how long should the shoots be coming thru the screen"

i get the impression that you have vegged your plants out for some time and then added the scrog screen later on. correct me if i'm wrong.

i personally have the screen in place from the get go. then as the main stem of the plant is the first one to penetrate the screen, it is the mesh size that dictates how far above the screen each stem has to grow before training.

for example, i use a 50mm^2 mesh, so i wait for the main stem, the first to get bent, to grow about 75-100mm above the screen. this means that when i come to bend it and train it thru the screeni have sufficient stem to span the 50mm space to the next lateral of the scrog mesh and a further 25-50mm to poke thru the next space, thus anchoring it in position.

(its hard to explain in words and i dont have suitable photos)

now as the main stem is growing straight up, the secondary growth, lower down the main stem, is growing out at an angle from the main stem, thus taking the shortcut if u like, as opposed to the main stem which has grown straight up, followed by a 90 deg bend (thru the screen) then horizontal growth along the screen. this means that the secondary growth hits the screen at a similiar point that the main stem has reached, thus ensuring all stems propogate thru the screen at a similar rate.

i am really stoned and babbling now......

i will return.

lol

i am really stoned and babbling now......
I got that impression :toke: What I was going to do was grow them up to the screen then tie/weave them thru it . What I was worried about , is the fact that by the time I have finished training the plant , the first few shoots that went into the scrog would be about a foot high .

Does that makes sense ? lol

no, sorry closet, that doesn't make sense to me.

how will the first stem to reach the screen end up a foot higher?

surely, once it has reached the screen it will be bent and weaved continually thru the screen, thus not gaining much height above the screen. each time a growing tip is long enough to bend thru to the next adjacent hole in the mesh it will be bent into the horizontal plane of your screen.

i hope this helps, but i will try to do a diagram to explain it better...

lol

no, sorry closet, that doesn't make sense to me.

how will the first stem to reach the screen end up a foot higher?

surely, once it has reached the screen it will be bent and weaved continually thru the screen, thus not gaining much height above the screen. each time a growing tip is long enough to bend thru to the next adjacent hole in the mesh it will be bent into the horizontal plane of your screen.

i hope this helps, but i will try to do a diagram to explain it better...

lol

Thanx mate , looking forward to it .