Reasons NOT to legalise cannabis

lol

High All ,

Some Great comments to be sure.

B)

"One thing we should keep in the back of our minds is the possibility that commercial growers/dealers might try to do something to sabotage cannabis law reform if it ever seriously looks like happening."

Thats a good thought Pipeman (From Post#3)... and a slightly unsettling one aswell.

I would think this is along the lines of What already may have been happening with the whole criminalization of Cannabis Issue.

You have got to wonder how many Bigwigs i.e. pollies , police , corporate businessmen etc , already have their finger in the proverbial pie ...

And ofc. again .. Money is a key factor for these people , as it is for the commercial growers ...

And In a sometimes indirect way , these people all profit from the 'dealing' of Marijuana in one way or another ...

Someone mentioned that Towns like Nimbin would be financially ruined ... But I don't think that is right ... If no money (or very little) was being spent on 'pot' , then It will still be spent on something else won't it ... and most will probably be in or around your community ...

And I think The tourists would still go there , as It's not just MJ that makes it a unique place , even if that is the main thing It's known for worldwide ...

And they'd still have plenty of Nice weed to smoke either way ... : )

All the money that we spend just gets circulated , and gets slowly accumulated by the most wealthy people and business in society , So blackmarket or no ... The money still does the same thing ...

:P

Hmmm , I hope I've thought this thru well enough ...

lol

O.k. , and so we've all seen the propaganda about 'Cannabis' all throughout the media ... The Newspapers and Tv Networks are mostly all run By the same few people ... and They support their desired political party depending on what they think is best for them and their companies ...

And ofc. alot of the News stories and structure is infuenced somewhat by this , rarely would they bite the hand that feeds them , so to speak.

They keep spouting their uneducated veiws , or just plain lies , and many people just seem to take it all for granted , if they even give a shit at all ...

I can only remember ever seeing one positive doco about Cannabis on TV ... Kinda positive , was about the Fibre and stuff mainly ... forget the title sorry ...

Compared to just endless Bulshit Nowadays about the Policeses 'Drug Hauls' , They seem to be doing bugger all research into Industrial Hemp .. or the Medicinal benefits of Marijuana ... :)

And they know the laws aren't working , as there are more and more people who who are enjoying the benefits of this Plant each year ... But they still keep fucking around , changing nothing , not even discussing change and keeping the Dollars flowing in their own directions , whilst totally wasting the the 'Justice Systems' resources lol

Anyway , The more I think about this the harder I'm finding it to express my thoughts on it , and I really want to have a cone now ... So I will continue at a later date ...

I hope this raises a few more ideas , as I do enjoy reading everyones thoughts and ideas about this subject.

Bye 4 Now ... And here's to Freedom!

Cheerz B)

Budman lol

(P.s. I'd like to formally apologize for My Previous 'Crazy' posts in this thread , I get in some strange moods sometimes B) So .. sorry bout that Pipeman. The issue being discussed , Is one I've thought about on and off for many years , racking my brain and not really getting anywhere. So I turned it into a bit of a joke to relieve the frustration of not being to be able to change anything ... Oh the Futility! :P heheh)

(SMoko Time)

I, honestly, do not think mental illness is a valid point as to NOT legalise, in fact quite the opposite.

I mean wouldnt people be saner if they didnt constantly have to worry about being caught at all? or have to go crazy trying to chase weed?

i reckon thats where the shit begins, lets imagine a "crazy person" whos "craziness" has drug related origin (i say imagine because i dont know any - not from weed anyhoo) and put them in a controlled environment - lets do it in a entire town - where weed was readily availible, where they could even smoke in front of some coppers who would greet them with a tidy wave and smile. Now, already this "crazy person" has just been demoted to "Confused happy person"... lets throw in a priest, a popular politician, a bunch of kindergadiners and presto! SANITY via dissorientation

You could put a patent on that idea sell it to the government where they could tax the living shit out of it and i'ld still be happy

*knock, knock

"Why hello Bob! just seeing if i could borrow a cup o' sugar ... and a coupla jays!"

"Hahhar! No worries Petey! Got some sugary jays right here! Say Petey, you heard about those darn no-goodnicks caught selling extasy?"

"Why indeed i have Bob.. Im PROSECUTING them! Where them jays at now?"

thought i'ld give everyone a taste of the future - in a galaxy far away it seems

If more people smoke weed the world would be better off - so saying more people will smoke weed is a reason not to legalize is a stupid argument. An argument usually brought forward by people who are unwilling to think about the harms of prohibition and are guided by some mythical "moral high ground".

Smoke more, bitch less. ;-)

i suport legalization but you have to look at how many people (on this forum even) have gone through and read stuff that says canabis isnt dangerous and should be legalised and is entirely harmless and is only good for you and is the best thing on the planet for you.

thats just as bad as the media doing it with information to the oposite effect

the people saying that weed is tops aren't informed, weed will kill you if you abuse it, just like anything else.

what we're looking for is more people to TRY it THEN make up their OWN decisions, not just accept what the peple on tv say.

on that note, have you seen the latest today tonight fucking test, they got these two old people walking around the supermarket with 'special' fucking glasses on to determine "WHAT MEN AND WOMEN REALLY WANT"

i mean, fuck, i'm no rocket scientist...but if people actually believe all this shit, then i might as well be a rocket scientist. :toke:

the only reason why i think people should smoke more, is because they're hooked on something far worse, THE MEDIA PROPAGANDA TOOL, A.K.A the tele

:scratchin::peace::yahoo: