Reasons NOT to legalise cannabis

:thumbsup:

Good interesting posts so far ('Cept Mine)..hehe :)

In the last day or two there has been a story in the news about the young male teacher selling MJ to a 15 yr old student.

This and similar fukupz certainly don't help our cause. :scratchin: :yahoo:

What do U reckon? :applause:

I had heaps of teachers that were stoners over the years (Believe me, I know this;)) but they all kept it discreet even if it was plain obvious sometimes. hehe . They weren't that great , but they werent to harsh either. B)

Ive sold Budz in HIGH School along with 100's of others in my school , but I've never heard of a teacher dealin' , They shuld be smart enough , after all... :toke:

:toke:

Well , thats it for me 4 now at the moment then... :toke: :xcited:

herion i believe has a 5g limit so you can imagine how messed up things could get if every junkie was allowed to roam the streets with a heap of drugs on them :scratchin: imo thats where the whole "gateway" theory of marijuana comes from :applause:

What you fail to consider with this view point is cause and effect.

Pure heroin in measured doses causes very little physiological damage to users.

the Dutch and Swiss heroin programs have proved that a majority of heroin users do function as "contributing members of society" when they have access to cheap or free heroin, prescribed by doctors.

Heroin becomes a problem for it's users only when prohibition dictates prices of up to $500 a gram.

Only when heroin prohibition ends will the associated crime disappear.

Cannabis laws do not hold a monopoly when it comes to stupidity.

good point hanky, but what if those junkies teamed up, saved all their free smack and started exporting to other countries to make a whopping profit?

well I suppose the same reason most people dont export drugs for profit, its a bit difficult without getting caught.

But anyway the point is that people will fear that legalising cannabis will lead to the legalisation of all drugs. I would simply point out that cannabis is distinctive from most other illegal drugs, as it is not physically addictive and there is no danger in overdosing and not dangerous to use in any way. What other illegal drugs can we say that about? None I don't think.

So given the unique properties of cannabis I can't see why it couldn't be legalised without opening the door for other drugs. :scratchin:

good point hanky, but what if those junkies teamed up, saved all their free smack and started exporting to other countries to make a whopping profit?

Can you see heroin addicts going without their fix for the day so they can get together with 2000 other junkies so they can pool a total of half a kilo of smack and export it to say america?

If they're that organised and able to do all of this while suffering debilitating withdrawl symptoms then they should probably be running the country.

Then again I do hope your comment was just a joke. :scratchin:

:applause:

Thats what I was Thinkin' ...

:xcited:

Smoking Marijuana Causes ... Um ... Memory Loss!

:yahoo:

I can't remember what I was going to write but ... No It Doesn't .. Um ...

Lack of attentiveness cause memory loss ... + ... Um ...

So many straight people I know have shocking! memories , short-term or otherwise! ,

And lots also veg in front of the telly in such a daze sometimes that they can't even hear you talking to them.

They also drop things sometimes,

Say the wrong things sometimes,

Laugh hysterically sometimes,

Seem tired and Docile sometimes,

Irritable and anxious,

Dispressed and excitable,

etc. etc. etc.

I've always had a better memory than most tho , I just feel that if you crowd your mind , your bound to get a bit muddled (heh , I Like that word!) sometimes.

(Sometimes I feel like I can do Anything , Sometimes i feel like I could fly!) - Micheal Franti - Spearhead. :scratchin:

:toke: O.k. Sorry for the long post again , but I tried to keep it short :toke: Budman ... Out.(Huh?WhoSaidThat?) :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Well , Sorry for replying to myself again , but ...

I am A little concerned about all this talkj about somr Drugs being more addictive than other Drugs ...

What Does this mean exactly , people dont use MJ as a substitute for H or whatever??

Forgive me , I'm just curious ??

lol

Addiction is all in the mind , physical or no.. Its that simple ... If anyone knows why I may be wrong , Well then , U know what 2 do :) ???

I don't understand why U all think we even have a chance of ever changing the way thingz are , and are going?

The best chance we have is to (NGAF!) and carry on ...

O.k. so I'm ramblin' again , but truth I speak and this Is True. :whistle:

I hope Ur all havin a good night :)

:doh: From Budman :) lol

Budman regarding addiction some substances are chemically/physically addictive, such as tobacco, caffeine, heroin. You suffer physical withdrawl systems if you stop taking them when addicted.

Marijuana can be psychologically addictive, but it is not chemically addictive, and thats the important point.

:peace:

You don't think that you would have physical withdrawal symptoms if you were to go without MJ for a day or few?? :)

If so ... Good for you. : )

If It werent for our mind , we would have no physical to contemplate ...

My mind is a gateway , So therefore anything I consume Is a guest inside of me , I am a hospitable being ,

If I become addicted to a certain medium , It has little to do with my physical being , It is a manifestation of the mind ... Imo. :)

Thats all for now , but tomorrow is just today then ...

:)

Budman ... Out. (chemicals can be addictive) ... (H Gateway leads to sleep , I need a nurse) ... (?:)?)

:peace:

p.s. Have a good Weekend All ! ... : )