Reasons NOT to legalise cannabis

Prohibit tobacco and alcohol and see the straight fuckers squirm, that's what I say. They'll know what it's like then to be labelled a criminal for using a substance. In my opinion, tobacco and alcohol companies/distributors are more evil than Hitler - they've certainly killed more people than Hitler, that's for sure. Ponder that thought for a minute, shall we?

Absolutely no money is funded from the government into marijuana research, just so they can keep spilling out unintelligible and uninformed pseudo-scientific jargon to make weed seem evil. As long as they supress medical and scientific breakthrough as much as they can, they are able to make the masses believe their shitty little stories. I can't wait til NORML or some other sane organisation actually disproves the world's governments and leading 'scientists', and also changes the opinions of every living person on the planet with an irrefutable breakthrough.

Marijuana should be legalised because it is a fucking plant, that's fucking it. All the hard drugs should not because they are, in essence, not natural. It grows, you smoke it - no real process, not really rocket-science. Straight from the fucking garden to the bloodstream. It's either MJ gets legalised, or the big three (alcohol, tobacco and marijauna) stay illegal. Hell, I'd have no problem with marijuana prohibition if everything else was prohibited. That way, they have no choice but to realise the fact that there are far greater problems associated with criminalisation than decriminalisation.

Edited by miickEe

rather than going to the extremes of making it legal or not making it legal...

how bout just accepting it, like alcohol...

Alcohol aint for everyone...i know alot of people who are nice stoned but when they get on the piss...they just cant handle it

Yeah, just accept that people smoke weed, and it's less dangerous then alcohol...i wanna be able to walk around with a quarter bag in my pocket without being worried of being pulled up for dealing...

NOT SMOKE IT ALL?!

GET ME SOME PAPER AND A LIGHTER.

Reasons NOT to legalise cannabis

Police departments thoughout the country would'nt have their "easy gets" to boost their "kill sheets" to justify their existance, and in turn would have use their time and resources to actually try and fight real crime.

As said before, a lot of communities like Nimbin would be financially ruined if prohibition ended. I remember reading a report about this years ago, a lot of small towns thoughout Oz suggest that their local income was made up of 75% in MJ sales, or in and around that ball park figure.

State and Federal Goverments would no longer have this topic to use as a deflection when real issues like health, education, mass sackings and national debt etc... get to hot and they need to try divert attention elsewhere to get the public off their backs.

That'll do for now :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Oh so happy I stumbled into this thread... (Im doing a debate at TAFE on this.)

Why shouldnt MJ be legal? A simple question you can ask any straight person and it gets them scratching there head for a few moments.. Then they throw the same arguments at you.. Mental illness, crime, more people will become users.. And all that jazz.

IMO one of the reason why a lot of 'straights' are Skeptical is just the pure fact they are uneducated and dont have a full understanding of this natural herb. Which has so many more uses then just the obvious medical and recreationally purposes; Clothing, paper, oils.. (Which of course we all know)

:thumbsup: Anyway ive lost my train of thought..

There was goin to be a point some where alone the line.. But till then..

:thumbsup:

what subject is that at tafe? i wanna get into politics or something

That's exactly what it is, bitch...err..bong bitch...bb

I have lots of mates that won't touch it because they put it in the same class as heroin, pills, etc

really disappointing really when i see that, maybe a joint here and there with my mates might actually make em happy but theyre too scared to touch it because of the bullshit theyve been fed, so what though? it's not their fault...it's not their fault they're mind isn't strong enough to see past the bullshit...it's not fair the government should tell us what to think...it's not fuckin on...

but we'll just spark another bowl and stare hopelessly as the world as we know it will crumble to oblivion. Never realising we were too fucking foolish to see the true potential of the world we were GIVEN.

We should be living in sync with the planet, not against it...

rehanaownsu its just for my english class...

But I spose its a on going battle.. It dont quit make sense does it ban sumthing that grows in the dirt yet have alcohol legal which is man made.. Sigh..

I heard that now theres new studies that MJ helps with schizophrenia (in some cases).. :thumbsup: I think it was on the news.. I might be wrong but has anyone else heard this???

Anyways best be off... :thumbsup:

Pipeman, I may be wrong; but when I read "people will be out of work", I took it to mean the coppers and lawyers would be out of work. Much of the police budget for wages each year is attached to the drug prohibition rationale.

Legalising pot will atract as much re-action as Harry Anslinger's re-action (and his cronies) in the 30s at the end of booze prohibition.

These clowns have massive sway, and in Queensland at least, the police actually have a say at what's passed in legislature.

So from the perspective of "why not legalise grass?', you have a very powerful, socially recognised group of "experts" who have vested interests in gaining more and more prohibition dollars each budget; who are actively involved in the law making arena.

cheers

rob

Cannabis prohibition is a monument to the hypocricy and stupidity of our government and police force. The arguments are so obvious that most semi intelligent, free thinking people can see that the "system" is evil and there is no moral or practical justification for this persecution. This may lead people to think more critically and question the status quo on a lot of issues other than drug laws that they might not have thought about otherwise, which may be a good thing. :)

I see cannabis RE-LEGALIZATION as a core issue,think about this if we can't get cannabis RE-LEGALIZED what hope is there for the world?If something so inherently immoral as the criminalising of a plant and its users cannot be exposed and corrected it bodes badly for all of us .The evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of cannabis yet despite all the medical&scientific evidence demonstrating this, things are getting worse,going backwards. So look forward to Global Warming,Nuclear War,World War III,Toxic waste death,overpopulation,famine,man-made diseases,slavery and continued cannabis persecution etc. as the FUCKWITS are in charge. lol

The lunatics are in control of the asylum. lol B)