Is there a reason to legalise cannabis?

guys the literal interpretation of the topic title is not the main point of this thread.

my question was what OTHER reasons can we come up with why it should be legalised?

How many you want?... :thumbsup:

this is more of a tapestry, rather than a thread, pipes........:thumbsup:

:toke:

... my question was what OTHER reasons can we come up with why it should be legalised?

you mean like how it makes sex,music,travelling,relaxing,talking,ridingmydirtbike,gardening,growing,LIVING

all the more enjoyable! :toke:

or how it makes me more open,considerate,passive,compassionate,slow,dopey,hungry

ok so maybe leave out the last few!

i think the only real chance we have of convincing the public of legalisation is a massive media campaign, millions of dollars worth!

it works for commerce, politicians, dictators...

...if you feed something to the TVzombifiedmajority enough they'll want to eat it, smoke it, drink it, grow it, bath in it, OWN IT!

can't see any of us lot raising/donating those sort of funds any time soon though!?

but do we really have it that bad now...

... i mean, i haven't been busted for years :thumbsup:

TOUCHWOOD :thumbsup:

:toke:

:)

Sorri pipeman it is a tough one this one.

Will it ever be accepted by someone who doesnt accept it. :thumbsup:

I believe creativity ie. music , visual art etc. are integral to this society these days (or so it seems) and its a great reason - Even straight people dont mind if their fave. Rock-Star is Bumbleing Drug addict (not sayin we are addicts ofc.) :thumbsup:

Im a Rock Star. :thumbsup: hehe

Anyway ill think harder :toke:

Thanx 67 Special - I thought the next post would be about that ;) - Not all u know - but its definately how many mnay young smokers have gotten hold of it that way + kids can be sneaky little buggers 2 - u know , hehe (awwwGodBlessEm') :)

Ok Then,

Peace All :toke:

Guest niall
Most of our primary industries are destroying our environment and our health :toke:

and on a global scale are not sustainable in the long term (especially with a soaring human population!) :thumbsup:

The future health of humans on this planet relies upon self sufficiency, at least at a local/regional level.

Absolutely, I'm very aware of this. Regulation of cannabis should, imho, style the market more towards market gardeners and micro-breweries, rather than multinational tobacco corporations. They should be locally grown, diverse, and of high quality.

Why couldn't canabis be legalized/decriminalized solely for home growing?

Because without a legal, taxable product there will always be a black market. A black market is the worst of all possibilities, the goal must be a legal, regulated marketplace. If you only make it legal for home growing, you've the the exact same situation that you have now - no tax revenue is being collected, there is no quality/health/competition/price/regulatory controls whatsoever. Compared to what we have now, it's a slight improvement, but it remains entirely uncontrolled and for an intoxicant that is simply unacceptable to society.

Besides, commercial pot is bad enough now, imagine the preservatives, flavour enhancers, colouring etc. that corporations would be adding to your smoke!

Hence regulation. What the exact regulations are, remains to be seen - I recommend stringent quality control, testing all herbal cannabis for additives, mold and funghi, adequate flushing, moisture content, potency.... this is what regulation is for! In a healthy, competitive marketplace with a diverse choice of cultivators, wholesalers and suppliers (think local market gardens not corporate imports) then no-one will buy cannabis that has been adulterated.

For the same reasons that I grow more and more of my own fruit & veg, I will always grow my own pot.

The health of our children depends upon it.

And that's great, I would allow homebrew cultivation, but only for your own use and you cannot sell it. If you sell it you must have a license and you must follow the rules (e.g. adults only).

what I originally had in mind when I started this thread was that we'd use it to brainstorm all the posible reasons we could argue for the legalisation of cannabis and summarise them into a list to help clarify our own thinking on the issue for the next time we are talking to someone about it, or maybe even print it out in the form of a leaflet or sticker to give to people or put in public places.

something a bit more meaningful then hey we like to get high why not just leave us alone to smoke our dope its not hurting anyone. :toke:

Some obvious points, but they have only been made vaguely until now.

We waste huge amounts of tax dollars investigating and prosecuting cannabis offenses. What we are doing here is spending tax payers money to prosecute people for what is essentially a harmless activity. Those dollars could be much better spent in other areas. Health system, schools, public utilities, or even another area of the police department, if they need it to catch criminals who might actually be a danger to the public.

The punishment is worse than the crime. Lots of people smoke marijuana in Australia. (Anyone know any stats on this? it would be useful...). You have to ask yourself what is the function of the law? It has to be to provide equality and justice right? Cannabis laws not only do not do this, but punish offenders completely out of proportion to their "crime". Otherwise happy, functioning families can be split apart and people sent to jail. When enforcement of the law inflicts more damage and disruption on society than the "crime" itself, then surely the only logical course of action is to reverse the law. Even if you still think smoking cannabis is evil, surely it is less evil than the law continually threatening and sometimes destroying the quality of your life because you choose to be a stoner, a choice which does not threaten others in any real way.

well thier are 9 states in the US(wehre i live) that have legalised marijuana for certain reasons, but the fact is their is no reason why it shoudl onyl be for them, if asked these politicians would only reply their are harmful effects, but if brougth up the idea of thc consumption without the harmful effects of smoking they would have little if not nothign to say, therefore it shoudl be legalised, maybe not to smoke, but definately to consume, becasue their is nothing harmful at all with some brownies that make your day happy

:thumbsup:

Do you know anyone in your family who has done or does Smoke Marijuana? ... O.k.

Do you know anyone in your family who has had problems relating to Marijuana? ... O.k.

Do you know anyone in your famly who drinks Alcohol? ... O.k.

Do you know anyone in your family who has had problems relating to alcohol? ... O.k.

Do you know anyone in your family who has had problems Not relating to Marijuana or Alcohol? ... O.k.

Has anyone you've known been to jail or gotten a fine for something? ... O.k.

What was It for? , Maijuana? ... Are they a bad person? ...

If they are not a bad person and have hurt no one , then do you think it fair that they should be treated as one? ...

What excactly bothers you about others indulging in an age old practice? ...

Do you think they are a threat to you , or others , or themselves? ...

Near all partakers of the Cannibis Herb that I know are decent , creative , contributing people ...

Not to say I dont know a few who abuse it or give it a bad name by committing un-related crimes because they are criminals.

Do you believe in creativity and Personal Freedom of the Mind and spirit? ...

For Individuals to pave their own path , and make their own choices? ...

O.k.

:scratchin:

Budman ... Out. (Sorry that didn't quite turn out how I planned , oh well :xcited:) :applause:

:thumbsup:

Why do we Humans ... never want to confront our basic Liberties/Life/Freedom ??? :doh:

Why does It seem as tho even the people that give s shit , don't give a shit ??

lol

Um... lol Budman Thinks that no1 will "Go The Distance" hehe :) thats aggravating :)

Shit , I hgope I made sum sene ? :whistle:

Till , then , or , now . :)