HELP!!! Nubie Fucked up already!!!

The one's I bought came as a pair packaged in yellow and black cardboard and are a tear drop shape. They were the only 24 hour timers I could find (Others were sold out).

I really need to speak to a mate of mine whose a leco. But he's curiosity is gonna make him ask "Why do you need to automatically switch 15 amps?" What am I suppose to say?.

The Hydroshop sells ready made Light Control boxes, which are basiclly a grey condiut junction box with 4 panel mounted sockects and a timer on the front. I thinking the timer is only light duty, but all it switches is a relay. So the timer only needs to handle about an amp to operate the relay. The relay can handle 20 amps. They want about $300. I'm sure If I went to a Wholesale electrical place I could probably buy all the bits for about $100 and get my mate to wire it up.

the relay u seen at your local hydro shop was probably a timer with 4 outlets (std heavy duty) i have seen these starting from around $130 the relay your talking about (untimed) i think needs to be hooked up to any timer it just takes the load instead of the relay inside of the weak timers ive seen these for $80 and up u can buy a digital timer with a 30 amp relay for $55 or u can buy a cheap digital timer like i did from a hardware shop for $20-$30 mine is taking 1200watts they are just the biggest CUNTS! to set i actually think mine has been running 24/7 due to me fucking up the setting up process keep in mind u need an IQ of 160+ to set these digital timers be warned :doh: :whistle:

I thought that myself. Still bought a pack thought 'cause I need a timer to switch my fluro's in my Germ/Clone cabinet. The ell cheapo's would do the job. I used the one left over for the HID test.

You'd think that if it said on the box it'd handle 10amps 2400watts that you would be able to switch 3 x 600's on and off with one. I'm gonna investigate about making one of those Light Control Boxes.

its made in china mate the quality is poor for the timer that fused together u could pull the cover off use a flat head screw drive stick it between the relay where it fuses together give the screw driver a twist it should come apart i wonder if there is some type of metal we can coat the relay tips with so it doesnt weld together under high loads :whistle: this would be awesome if there was

I have only used those elchepo timers from word go, there is one i still have that is going great but most of the others last one grow and that is it, i use one for the 400w light and one for the fans and a digtail one for the feeding, i wait until the wearhouse or crazy clarks have a sale on them and then stock up on them, last time i got some there on sale for $2 each so i grabed 6 of them...

i just had an over watering problem due to my low IQ and using a digital timer it was running my pumps 24/0 lol lol.... anyways the first signs i seen were bleaching spots than burning spots in the middle of the leaves than my tips started to burn if its nutrient burn the plants should look healthy but will have burning tips