HELP!!! Nubie Fucked up already!!!

In regards to the seedling, it wasn't really a seedling, and it wasn't really a seed. It was a seed that just cracked. I had a good look but couldn't find it amongst the dark soil.

I just had a look in my cab and nearly fell over. Some of the sprouts are nearly 2cm tall!. But some havn't broken the surface. I read else where that you're suppose to put the seeds in right way up. How the hell do you tell which way is up?. I just plonked 'em in the soil and just put a very thin layer of soil over them top. This is what happens in nature doesn't it?

well i can understand losing a seed in that mess :) when it comes to the other seedlings, nature will take its course and make the roots go down and the rest of the plant up, just give it time lol

I hope I'm not watering to much. I heard that was a common newbie mistake. I've made a make shift water can by drilling very tiny holes into the lid of a 2 litre plastic milk jug. I use water from the kitchen tap that is halfway between being cold (as is out of the tap) and luke warm. I try and guess it to be room tempreture. I'm using the full 2 litre container to water all 15 plants. So 2000ml divide by 15plants = about 100 to 150 ml per plant per day. Is this enough?

yeah, your watering too much...well im fairly certain of it because they havent even broken the surface yet so their water requirements would be minimal. try giving that to them every 2nd or 3rd day ;)

I'm flat broke atm, so I havn't got a timer yet. So they're running at 24/0. Is this ok?, or should I pull my finger out and get a timer to give them that 6 hour dark period?.

a $15 timer will pay for itself with the electricity you dont use. it'll also allow the plants a recovery period from a hard day's growing so its advisable that you get the timer, although it isnt needed at the moment :smoke

New Holland - You got a good deal with the complete set. If I had the option of getting a balast + shade I would have still looked at purchasing it. Bulbs are replacable and are one of the cheapest bits of hardware you will ever buy - I'm glad there replaceable !

I read else where that you're suppose to put the seeds in right way up. How the hell do you tell which way is up?.

sit back & relax/ Llet them do there own magical thing :reallyexcited:

Some have broken through while others havn't.

They will, untill they do just keep dampish with a bit of deying up. won't be long 2 days or less.

I'll water the ones that havn't broken through every 2nd-3rd day like you suggest.
:thumbsup

But there are some there close to 2 cm tall already!.

How's there stems holding up ? :scratchin Up I hope. A nice gental breeze in the form of a occelating fan dose give them streanth. I do nean gental.

hey're growing at a rate of about 1cm a day. Should I water them daily?

I would thinks they would need that much attention. Your there so err on the side of caution what I'd do. 2 - 3 days after they crack has been when I put them up and under blue fluros 24/0

:thumbsup

the cheap timers work on the 400-600's you can pick up a set (2) from bunnings for $10 these are alot less work also when u get the HID kicking u will want to invest in a timer u can run the lamp 24/0 but it'll need a 15min break once a week the bulb can explode if ran continously :smoke many people ignore this warning and dont have exploding bulbs personally i dont take the risk :whistling

Ok guys & Gals here are some pics. I'm worried some are really taking of while others haven't. Black Pots are White Widow, Green are NLxBig Bud and the terracotta colour pots are Purple Power aka Hollands Hope.

I managed to dig up one seed that didn't look as though it had germinted, stuck it back in a glass of water and is now sitting on top of my water heater. I'll pop it back in the pot Sunday morning. lol

After the next couple of posts I wont coninue this one anymore. You'll find me in the Grow Diaries :thumbsup . I'd apreciate it if you keep an eye out for me. "cause I could really use your help. I'm really freakin' out. If I can't grow weed, I can't grow anything :)

post-7214-1140782060_thumb.jpg

Gazza,

I have 3 x 600 watt HPS's. I was going to use 3 cheap timers to turn them on and off. My Idea was, that each timer handles 10 amps. Each individual light draws about 5 amps. So would it be safe tun run each light on it own timer?.

In doing this, I'm also able to stagger the start times by about 2-3 minutes. That way, when they come on they're not drawing 15amps in one hit. i.e The first light will come on and draw 5amps then drop down to 2amps (Total 2amps). Then the second light would come on and draw 5amps(Total 7amps), Then the third light would come on and draw another 5amps (Total =9amps) and then would drop down to a total running amperage of 6 amps. This way your not drawing all the start up current at once.

What are people's thoughts?

Edited by New Holland

Gazza,

I have 3 x 600 watt HPS's. I was going to use 3 cheap timers to turn them on and off. My Idea was, that each timer handles 10 amps. Each individual light draws about 5 amps. So would it be safe tun run each light on it own timer?.

What are people's thoughts?

Perfect plan NH.....ffs stop worrying you'll be a nervous wreck :joint:

lol

In doing this, I'm also able to stagger the start times by about 2-3 minutes. That way, when they come on they're not drawing 15amps in one hit. i.e The first light will come on and draw 5amps then drop down to 2amps (Total 2amps). Then the second light would come on and draw 5amps(Total 7amps), Then the third light would come on and draw another 5amps (Total =9amps) and then would drop down to a total running amperage of 6 amps. This way your not drawing all the start up current at once.

wow what type of control boxes do u have? lol i have two 400's one runs at 2.8amps the other 2.2amps i have a 1000w thats at 3amps ends up at 4.7amps and some of the cheap timers do fail i have had 1 bad one it was years ago the cheaper version's i than used the other models worth $5 more :;): and its still kicking :) im using it now on one of the 400's also try giving 15mins between lamp start up's as it takes up to 15mins for the light to reach its max brightness anything less than this i would think ur amps are still high but as Frazzle said dont stress sounds like you have it worked out :thumbsup