Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas..

The first time i watched this movie, i was quite stoned and partially drunk but i understood this movie completely.

Every second of it, i was staring open mouthed without knowing just watching and taking in everything.

Greatest movie ever in it's category.

I love it, 5 gold stars!

I stick it on repeat as i go to sleep. As someone said on the first page, "it's the closest thing you can get to an acid trip, without the LSD".. I agree, haha.

:thumbdown:

When my wife and I are at a loss for something to do, and she suggests we slip a DVD in the machine, about 30 seconds later I hear "not "fear and Loathing again".. :thumbsup: I have to have seen that movie so many times I could be any one of their under-studies.

"When being pulled over by a cop, most make the mistake of actually stopping. This is a mistake as it creates contempt in the cop mind for the driver. Go faster- he will follow."

But above all the humor, the dark humor, the dark reality and sad reflections of "civility" culminating in Les Vegas, the shit hole of all that's excessive...there is some of the most inisghtful writing/commentary I have ever encountered. the man was a genuise writer, who's sandlas I wish I were good enough to untie. Seriously , a word mechanic of endless depth.

I'd have my left arm cut off to be a successful writer, and all Hunter Thomas does is rub my face in how I will never measure to the standard that's been set by at least he.

Gonzo's cicus, what the whole hip world would be doing if the nazis won the war, ...I mean it's funny, and yet true and scary insight of just where the minds of freaks (straight freaks) go.

cheers

rob