"The sporting editors had also given me $300 in cash, most of

which was already spent on extremely dangerous drugs. The trunk of

the car looked like a mobile police narcotics lab. We had two bags

of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered

blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy

of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers . . . and

also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a

pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls."

: nice list but just a little short on grass - unles they're pound bags :applause:

BB

It is just not the same without -

"All this had been rounded up the night before, in a frenzy of

high-speed driving all over Los Angeles County -- from Topanga to

Watts, we picked up everything we could get our hands on. Not that

we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked

into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far

as you can"

BB

Edited by Behindbars

:bleh:

I pretty much agree with ya Highrising ,

Maybe don't need to have had Acid or anything before , But It is a Stoner movie isn't it. B)

I can't wait to see it again ... i was gigglin just readin this thread and thinkin bout it lol

I haven't heard of "Where the Buffalo Roam" as Rhizo mentioned .. I'll have to keep my eye out for it ..

And I may have seen "Requim for a dream" but I don't remember it at all ..

Hope they do that new one too ... "The Rum Diaries" ..

I dunno about Torrents , looks like I gotta visit Blockbuster again sometime soon .. (And buy some blank Dvds) :bleh:

O.k. Well , I don't really know why I felt the need to say that ... But It's a great movie anyhow .. and Johnny Depp is a legend.

Bye :applause:

Budman lol

i was hooked the first time i watched it, although i think you have to see it a few times to pick up on almost every thing and actually apriciate what is goin on in that movie, i find now a days it sort of makes me sad to watch this movie, most people seem to find it funny and uplifting as i did when i first watched it but now knowing what became of the world they they were pushing to create and knowing about hunters demise i find the movie to be rather sad.

theres also a good documentry to look out for its called

Fear and Loathing on the Road to Hollywood

it was a Hunter S Thompson BBC Documentary about the trip to las vegas and had a lot of good fotage of hunter on it, it also has where he wanted this huge monument made in his back yard that his ashes could be fired from, they have him talking about it and showing the plans to some people, by the time he died he didnt have the cash left for it to be built, so jonny depp paid for it to be built and paid for the funeral. any way just some random trivia for any one that can be bothered reading this whole post :rolleyes:.

I read the book and seen the movie, I thought they were equally good. The movie deviated from the book in some minor details but I thought the movie was true to the book in most ways. I believe Thompson thought very highly of the movie himself and I think he even referred to it as a work of art, and I would have to agree. :D

I just downloaded this and watched it twice. I really really got into this movie. Very clever, uncomfortable, insanely funny, a real taste of life on the edge with the painful sense of a generation lost, all rolled into one, full on, no holds barred, take it to the absolute fucking limit and stand on it further stories. A true classic. Brilliant ;)