THIS IS AQUAPONICS

Aquaponix

I know I know, try your vegetables or kitchen herbs first, just the taste of them you'll see.

He he yeah I figured if I started off with other types of plants I would not only get a bit of experiance behind me and a chance to iron out the bugs, But I also figured it would give me a nicley established system once the time came to put cannabis in there , there is also just the pure curiosity of it all HA HA

Harvesting your whole garden at once is a recipe for disaster.

What happens if you do :)

Sorry mate, I forgot to mention in the PM I sent you that the "edit" function disappears for all members after a few days, admin may be able to help you with getting the earlier posts edited as we mods can only make minor modifications, you will also notice that some of the posts in this topic have vanished from the public view as we will not tolerate anything that causes disharmony within our community.

Members should sort out their problems by PM or on other sites, we are a cannabis community, not a counselling service, we just want to get wasted and have a good time together while sharing information on how we grow.

:unsure:

Members should sort out their problems by PM or on other sites, we are a cannabis community, not a counselling service, we just want to get wasted and have a good time together while sharing information on how we grow.

:unsure:

:bow

and now I would like to quote somethign from here

Flamewars Paper

And first and fore most I wanna stresss that that is NOT directed at yourself , it is just the best place to put it and I belive it should be said :unsure:

It is exceedingly rare to see somebody change their position during a flame war, no matter how much the facts are stacked against them. However, this does not mean that we should never have intense discussions online. Even people who will not admit error may remember the conversation and allow the information to affect their viewpoint in the future. Moreover, onlookers who are following the debate may be swayed by the person with the most persuasive approach.

Note that I did not say, "The person who has the best information" or "The person who makes the best case". If we were purely logical creatures we would not have flame wars — or wars of any sort. The writer Kurt Vonnegut Jr. once opined that when people see a debate they side with the person they like the best. Since it is hard to like somebody who is ranting and raving, it behooves us to learn a bit of self-control if we wish to garner support for what we say.

Moreover, I would like to think that most of us actually do seek after truth. We may be waylaid by our lower nature but nobody consciously believes a lie. It is for this reason that I think it is helpful to learn to spot how other people get into silly arguments ... and then learn to spot this tendency in ourselves.

No-one has taken away your rights to edit your posts , the posts just lock after a 6 hour period because a backup is done, it is the same with the majority of sites and I am hoping you can explain to me how it is a security issue to you ? If you are silly enought to get your name tied to your alias

Overgrow did the same thing , and it is not something we will consider changeing here , if there was an issue with you specificly ( ie your in trouble ) your information will be masked over at request , we have done it for other members before and will do it again however the information on this site bellongs to this site and it's members so removing content is something we avoid when we can ( with the exception ofcourse of posts that break our rules ) this was all agreed to in the terms of use of the site

I think what your doing is quite interesting and really hope people can just settle things or ignore eachother so we can all just do what we come here to do . But this isn't a fighting ground and I won't tollerate it from anyone , regardless of there reputation on this site or others. you wanna fight with somone do it in private

:bow :bow @Tom&Pure

The info you have offered here is gold aqua. I'm more than impressed by your efforts and I've just talked tom into letting me have my own small aquaponics set-up just so I can experiment with it. I will be asking you to hold my hand through it, so don't bugger off on me! :unsure: There's always going to be people you don't like/agree with, and people who feel the same back. I've rubbed more than my fair share up the wrong way! (And vice-versa) But, I've learned from it and moved on. Hell, I'm a mod now ::unsure:: I just wish there was more tolerance in the world, and on this site at times. But alas, we can't have everything perfect. Stoners are far from it at times :unsure:

In previous adventures, we placed 2 two week clones straight into 12/12 light to determine their sex then left them there to see what they'd do.

gallery_7091_85_3186.jpg

7 weeks later things are hotting up in the growtub with buds galore and Autumnal colourings hinting at harvest to come. This is a 10 week flower strain, I'm drooling already and patience wears thin.

gallery_7091_85_21022.jpg

Now we've seen what happens to a 3 inch plant in the system, introducing..... next! These girls both got topped and had 4 large shades each removed to try and slow them down while in veg.

gallery_7091_85_44007.jpg

They get put in the 12/12 side of the system tomorrow. Will he have to hang his light vertical to hold the monsters in?

I bloody well hope so! :unsure:

I removed some fan leaves from the plants in flower, a dozen all told, I don't like to do this but they had yellowed significantly already so their food reserves were less than their fellows.

Why did I? The plant is so heavy and bushy there isn't enough circulation going on. I opened it up a little and put a gentle fan right smack next to them.

gallery_7091_85_174765.jpg

Praying for no mold it's the height of summer, very humid, no dehumidifier or funds for one, and the systems drinking a lot.

No pH problems immediately after putting nutes in (no continued decline), and used less N as earlier discussed and am 50/50 how I feel about results of this - because on one hand the plant is now stripping nitrogen but on the other it is Autumn according to the plants and there is an awful lot of leaf left.

Any Jack Herer growers can input on how theirs finished I'd appreciate it. They also have insects to all hell! Thrips are the main bastards. I put garlic in to deter them hahaha

the fuckers are living on the garlic too! :thumbsup

gallery_7091_85_242091.jpg

Organics has it's prices and the biggest learning curve for me has been pest and disease control. Basically I kill everything I see except spiders ladybirds and mantis in there and pray my plants outgrow the fuckers.

Hehe.