THIS IS AQUAPONICS

Aquaponix

Here's a taster.

This is a DWC Recirculating Aquaponic System. Quite a mouthful.

This is the marraige of Hydro, Aquaculture, DWC, Bio-Buckets and good old Kiwi Ingenuity :shy:

gallery_7091_76_59076.jpg

:scratchin

Got your curiosity going yet?

How bout this close up shot of a five week old plant

gallery_7091_76_462182.jpg

:thumbsup

Hope they loaded. I freakin am :lol:

My Journey with Aquaponics began over two years ago.

Having spots with a mate I'd had spots with every day for two years we'd often discuss the fad freaks and new science emerging from OG*

Well, this particularly spotted day, he told me he'd read about some guy growing dope with his fish. I had to get a repeat on that - "With his fish?"

I vaguely recalled something I'd heard on fish tank water being a great veg fertiiliser and started searching, and searching, and searching....

Did I mention I searched a lot :shy: I did have a few mothers little helpers.

Being a hydro noob and a fish noob didn't help. SOOO much information, too much, and many well meaning curious folks sidetracking me with backyard aquarists theories and the odd wives tale thrown in just to really fuck me up...

It took me all of those two years to dial this system in.

By dialed in I mean PRODUCING AS WELL AS CHEMICAL HYDRO WITH ORGANICS. And the smoke is better because it's organic, believe me, I'll never go back.

I had great grows and awful grows, but exceptional was the target.

I don't know for sure but I think this system may be the first organic hydro to seriously challenge the productivity of chemical hydro.

How can I make such a claim, well, I can't exactly yet. You can join me for the end of the journey. I'm 5 weeks in with all the sums done correctly.

Lets take a pictorial tour of two wee clones for the 5 weeks since they showed root nubs.

gallery_7091_76_144586.jpg

*before the bad man came and took all the pretty pictures away.

They went straight into 12/12. Why? Well, i cut them off the very bottom of a seed mother to determine the sex. Here they are very definately girls 2 weeks later.

This is where i started going OMG it works and then an evil laugh :shy:

gallery_7091_76_181954.jpg

The stretch was a worry. I put the light up and up... It started to slow down going up and started going out

gallery_7091_76_46915.jpg

Now I'm grinning like a chesire cat. I've flipped clones at 12/12 before but look at what's happening here....

gallery_7091_76_53832.jpg

And then yesterdays photo, and I swear it looks bigger today! :reallyexcited:

gallery_7091_76_55506.jpg