DWC, Question

1, Ok i have been looking into doing a DWC grow with 6 pots at max, would i be better off getting one pump that can handel all 6 pots at once or got one pump to each pot or a pump to do say 2-3 at once.

2, How oftern do you change the nutes in the bubbler and would i need a meter to test the ppm or do i just go buy what the nutes say to make them up at for feeding or am i better off getting a ppm tester to cheack nutes are rite(i will have to save my $$$ to get a test meter)

3, Now when you put ya babys into the net pots what is the best thing to use clay balls or perlite or a mix of both.

4, Nowwhat are some of the good snd the bad points of DWC, all info would be great befor i dive in head 1st and make a big ballsup of it.

I have done a bit of reading on the DWC method but some ofit bit hard for me to get my head around so with a little help from ppl here would be great on trying to explane it to me in laymens terms

i'm a virgin bubbler dude too ...... ::rolleyes::

pump if noise wasn't an issue , just buy 1 big mother .. or small compressor .

i got three of them little dudes already and it looks like i need more air . :scratchin

meters ....... yes ...... just buy em then you know .

change of nutes ........ every sunday lol

i used perlite

it's all good so far ...... but i reckon res temps may become a prob in summer

laymans terms ...... it's bloody simple .

i was like you mate ,,,, but what if ? hows that ? oh ffs :scratchin

now . i'm hooked .

bw\hindukush @ 11 days flower . :)

post-526-1124715297_thumb.jpg

Hey everest do u have a res tank so thay can top them selfs up when running low or do u use what is in the bubbler and top that up id gets low and then change the nutes once a week, from the looks of that lil setup of yours everest you only have the air line going into the pot and no were to drain off the shit and to refill with good shit..

I'd go with one big pump. It would be cheaper and quieter than multiple small pumps I think. When sizing your pump work on 2000cc per bucket.

If money is tight I wouldn't get a nute meter. The only thing a nute meter is good for is comparing the strength of the feed mix to the runoff to check if your plants have nute lockout. Since bubblers don't have any runoff to test you may as well guage and adjust your nute strength according to the strength of your mix. Its just as good as PPM or EC or any other arbitrary measurement of nute strength.

In my opinion clay balls is the go. everests system looks like a hybrid setup a bit different than a typical water culture. I like the look of it. Can you tell us a bit more about it everest?

Perlite would probably be ok in a regular style bubbler too I just prefer caly balls because they're not as messy, you can reuse them indefinitely and you don't need your netpots to retain any moisture in fact I think making them as free draining as possible is an advantage.

Good points about DWC is that its a fast growing system that saves on head height. The disadvantage of DWC is the rootzone is more sensitive to water quality, nutrient quality, and temperature changes. So if your grow room gets a bit too hot or your water is shitty you may struggle a bit.

there is about 30 litres of water in the bottom tub , with an air line bubbling away ..... then the res is the tub on the right it holds about 30 l too .... also with an air line bubbling away . ...... now the secret with this set up is i use a 60 l tub with yep you guessed it another air line init ....... i set this water to perfection and this is what i use for my refil.

there is a small pump in the res to empty the system and to feed the plant . :rolleyes: easy .