Terror attacks rock london

Guest Eikel

Guest Eikel

I can't believe no-one has posted this here yet....

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15854272-2,00.html

UP to 12 people are now feared dead in a series of coordinated terrorist attacks on the London transport system during the busy rush hour.

Britain's Prime Minister Tony Blair has confirmed terrorists were behind multiple attacks targeting the London Underground and several buses in the central business district.

Two people have been confirmed dead at Aldgate East Underground station and CNN TV is reporting up to ten people have been killed in a blast at Kings Cross station.

The simultaneous blasts hit at least six Underground stations and up to three double-decker buses.

Speaking from the Group of Eight meeting in Scotland, Mr Blair called the attacks "barbaric" and said they were coordinated to coincide with the G8 summit.

The first incident at Aldgate East was reported at 8.59am (5.59pm AEDT). Explosions were soon reported at Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square and Moorgate, Scotland Yard said.

London's entire underground railway network was shut down and hundreds of people streamed onto the street covered in blood and soot.

An explosion also destroyed a double-decker bus at Russell Square in central London and explosions on at least two other buses were reported in Marylebone and South Kensington.

Advertisement:

A witness at the Russell Square blast said the entire top deck of that bus was destroyed.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," said Belinda Seabrook.

Australian traveller "Steve", who was on the Aldgate tube, told Sky News there was a big hole in the carriage where one of the explosions occurred.

"There was so much stuff, people were choking," he said.

"We couldn't get out so we had to walk through the carriages. On the tracks you could see bodies and just the train hanging everywhere," he said.

IN OTHER DEVELOPMENTS:

* TONY Blair says he will immediately return to London from the G8 summit in Scotland but will fly back for the meeting's close.

* POLICE have found indications of explosives at the scene of at least one the blasts.

* A SENIOR Israeli official says Scotland Yard had told Israel minutes before explosions that it had received warnings of possible terror attacks.

* THE European Union's commissioner for justice and security affairs said the blasts were terrorist attacks.

* THE BBC has reported Arab sources linking the attacks the Al-Qaeda network.

Edited by Oz Stoner

i read on sky news not long ago that 33 people are confirmed dead, 3 trains were attacked and 1 double decker bus, then on the story below which was australia's reply to the attack, it said 4 trains and 3 buses + there are reports a shipping yard or something was attacked but was yet to be confirmed...

also they were saying the "secret european al-qaeda" that was claiming repsonibility for the attacks was just bullshit and that sector of al-qaeda doesnt even exist lol

the way things are looking, the british media is running around like chickens with their heads cut off, understandable but i believe we wont know the total damage count for atleast a week, maybe 2...we wont hear the full story because governments will supress the information but in a week or 2 atleast we'll know how many people got injured and died + what the leaders of the world intend on doing about it....

Jesus Christ :angry:

I was watching the news stoned (never been that stoned before) and i thought i was imagining it. Felt so unreal man.

Then i went and wrote a song. Damn i just feel angry now man.

What do the terrorists want? Can someone answer that? There must be something they want you just dont go around and blow shit up for no reason! SHIT!

Fucking idiots. Do it for ALLAH! SHUT THE FUCK UP THERE IS NO FUCKING ALLAH! AND IF HE IS HE CERTENLY DOESNT WANT YOU TO KILL PEOPLE! :angry:

PRIME Minister John Howard last night expressed horror and disgust at terrorist bomb blasts that ripped through central London .

Did the prime minister also express horror and disgust when australian FA-18s were boming Iraq in operation Iraqi Freedom ?

If not I dont think hes in any position to make moral comments .

This is why I hate all religions, they make people think that theirs is the only true way and that all others should be destroyed eg: Ireland, Middle East, The crusades. All of these troubles are religion based.

I say ban all religions and the world would be a better place.

(maybe don't ban the rastas, I like their perks)

, they make people think that theirs is the only true way and that all others should be destroyed eg: Ireland

The I.R.A wasnt a group of nuts blowing up things because of different religous views. They simply wanted the English to stop raping their land, the fact they were Catholics and the poms were Protestant was secondary.