Electronic PH testers.

i use two calibration solutions for calibrating my Hanna, pH 4 and pH 7.

if you calibrate for both, you are being more precise, and since we are supposed to have a pH of lower than seven, it makes sense to use a second one with pH of 4 instead of just the pH 7.

Don't have it for very long, so i can't say anything about durability.

Had absolutely no probs with mine so far ... I'm testing it everytime I use it and only had to adjust it once ... bang on everytime pretty much and I'm calibrating using the 4 and 7 and compared to my liquid test .. perfect everytime ... f'n bargain at $30.00

Tugboat lol

Well, I managed to break a few things yesterday and my new PH tester was one of them, ;) I have ordered an el cheapo to keep me going until I can hopefully find one of those Hanna ones that TUGBOAT posted about.

The el cheapo, try not to laugh to hard. ;) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...4393102890&rd=1

Some close-up shots of it, if it works ok it will get fastened to the side of the reservoir so it can't get dropped easily. :)

post-19-1120984769_thumb.jpg

post-19-1120984804_thumb.jpg

Ah yea, WTF Tom. you cant use swimming pool PH testers. they run at too high levels for what we want. ;)

If ya want a metre I can send you an old one I have, It works ok just needs batteries and calibrating.

otherwise stick with the liquid ones mate, IMO your better off not testing the ph than using cheap crap.

But I know how it feels to break the friggin things, I broke my new eutech metre and the (replaceable) probe is worth almost as much as a whole new metre.

:;): :)